Glasses thread

Effay glasses thread

Any glasses similar to the RB7046 that are not matte?

I have kinda oblong face but small in overall size...and a big nose. Give me a reason to live guys...

Laser eye surgery. It's literally that easy.

also interested in glasses like these

bump

Just got these, my first pair of glasses.

And these. Getting them on Saturday, no fit pics yet.

These look better.

They were 2 for 1. The others were the second nicest.

I think the whole "round face = square frame, rectangle face = circle frame" thing to be a load a shit. Nose shape/size and eyebrow shape is a lot more important, imo

These TF's have been by far the best pair I've ever owned

What are some nice glasses that won't make me look like an entitled college activist?
They don't need to be trendy, I don't visit Veeky Forums often.

This is the truth, people. There are a lot more important factors than face shape.

Also interested in this. Every pair I try makes me look like some pseudo-intellectual.

maybe try rimless?
college activists nowadays mostly wear round acetate frames, sort of like the ones OP posted
you could also try roughly rectangular metal frames

Just go shop for them online. They allow you to see like a normal person, & they don't cost much.

Yeah, but then I'll look like an office rat instead.

maybe in metal squares, but not in rimless
rimless are also least visible on your face, so they're a good choice if you don't like glasses in general

I'm struggling with this as well. Any acetate will look like college activist, rectangular wire will look like office rat, anything else will look like tryhard following trends.

Fuck

Do rimless work with strong prescription lenses or is it strictly for thin lenses?

they may look weird if your lenses are really thick or one is much thicker than the other
in that case try clear acetate instead, it also has the added benefit of being less delicate than rimless

Clear acetate will make you look like a pretentious hipster AND a college activist. Worst possible choice.

I would say go with what you think you look best in and don't think about looking like a college activist. People in the real world won't make that association but they might think you look like an office rat in rectangular ones. But if you can't stop thinking you look like a college activist in them, just get contact lenses.

never seen any hipsters or college activists in clear acetate where I live, they all wear either solid acetate or pretentious Veeky Forumscore round wire glasses

What are the goat black framers?

They look best on my face but I'm not sure what brand to go with

anyone tried eyebuydirect?

do people actually think like this

just buy what you like fuck dude it's not that hard

don't let the glasses wear you

how would you rate glasses like this?

>shape
ugly, cheap, dated
>wire frames
good

Any recommendations for glasses for my face shape? I ordered a bunch of different shape black acetate ones from Warby Parker to try and return and they all looked bad.

thinking of buying these

Recently bought those

you are so attractive homie. those are fine and very tech looking.

try rounded frames

How do you like them? I think I would be bothered by their flimsiness and light weight and that they're matte.

how is light weight a bad thing?

Feels a bit cheap and like they might break if you aren't careful enough. They are also light over the ears and heavy at the front which makes them more likely to fall off your head.

the ones you have are fine, try rimless

Does anyone know what glasses anthony wears?

that has always puzzled me, they look pretty nice and also comfortable

thanks for the suggestions and compliment :)

>giving into guilt by association
>not just buying what looks best on your face
>being this much of a cuck

Pretty sure that it was mentioned he got those at warby parker. Not sure which one though.

Opinions on hexagon shaped frames?

i like them

someone direct me towards these/similar glasses

shuron ronstrong

I really like his style overall and ot's actually pretty nice to reproduce the comfy 90's feel

seriously contemplating getting pic related

>moscot esien

is nobody going to talk about whatever this is?

you and everyone else

I overpayed bc jaguar brand

not really. i haven't seen them a lot at my uni except on the international students :^)

Heres my Persols, the arms can move out of place quite often but you just have to remember to tighten them up

Simple.

>that hillbilly who is triggered by people who go to college
How about pic related

Living in flyover land must be like living under the Khmer Rouge

2012 hipster frames

try 2007

if you want to make no statement at all in 2016, those are what you wear. perfect for office drones.

>tfw double astigmatism

My shitty oval eyes mean no contacts. Tried them once and they kept popping out of my eyes. I have pic related now. Insurance covered them 2 years ago and my prescription hasn't changed in a while, so I wear these until they break.

Tbh they've been down 2 waterfalls, gone through a few fistfights and are held down with old screws that don't fit. Love them dearly.

Your writing looks childish and awkward, looks like you're writing with a death grip probably from too many years of ballpoint

Get a decent fountain pen. If you're on a tight budget TWSBI makes some alright pens, otherwise go Pilot

>that college fag who is triggered by hillbillies

you got me. I'm a victim of free pens. I thought about a fountain pen, but I don't know anything about them. Do I need an ink well?

no, those are for dip pens, please don't get a dip pen
fountain pens are evaluated on a few levels:

1. Mechanics
2. Leak resistance (see mechanics)
3. Nib reliability
4. Nib writing quality (subjective)
5. Ink capacity
6. Aesthetics

and of course price

the choice of ink can affect items 2 through 4 but as long as you don't try to get too fedora (herbin drinkable inks or ferrogallic bullshit) you should be alright

TWSBI is basically the entry level memepen, a lot of folks recommend lamy safari but I think they're horrible

if your budget is a little higher I'd look at a pelikan souveran or a pilot

self-filling pens are superior to cartridge/converter pleb trash. the objectively best mechanism of all time is the piston, but the pilot vacuum fill mechanism is pretty high up there too. avoid lever fill, eyedropper, snorkel, or any of that other special snowflake stuff especially sac pens, unless you love finicky bullshit for the sake of pain.

the vast majority of midrange pens use bock nibs but it's all about QC. pelikan has the best QC of all, to the point where people hate them because they are boring. never buy montblanc.

the paper matters too. shitty paper feathers and bleeds. plan on spending about 50% more on your pads to get a good writing experience; the exact preference depends on whether you like a little tooth or if you like glassy smooth (depends on your nib and ink preferences)

ok that's enough autism for now, I can start a thread if you want.

oh sorry one last thing - asian manufacturers style their nib widths differently, if you're doing chinese you'll probably want nothing wider than an XF for a pelikan. the finer the nib the scratchier (in general). the japanese in particular are really autistic about their nibs which is why I keep pushing pilot, although other brands are fine too. they tend to be smoother at the extra fine end of the spectrum although the cost of entry is somewhat higher than for a decent european nib (I'm ignoring America because we're irrelevant when it comes to fountain pens unless you want to talk vintage, yes even you too nathan, sorry bud)

in short if you're specifically looking to up your game when writing chinese (or other logographic langauges) consider a highly precise nib even if it means having to go with an inferior filling mechanism

>Avoid Snorkel or PFM
>Avoid anything sacced, which then excludes Vacumatics or Duofolds

Pleb. Those are some of the most gorgeous pens out there. Everything else you said is very good though, and you clearly wouldn't want the pens mentioned above if you're a beginner.

well yeah I'm giving advice for someone's first pen, I have my fair share of masochist pens including a pretty gr8 jade duofold, u jelly?

I have one in pearl, but the jade is quite nice too. Enjoy it :^^^^^^^^^)

you mean a real one or one of those 1990s pens? I thought the new ones only came in cartridge/converter?

Real one, so it has that nice lime green patina to it. New ones are crap, though Parker has been in decline for a long time now, so I'm not surprised.

yeah it's sad, but I used to have a hardon for the parker jotter clipped into a lands end button down, it was so accountantcore I felt it was incumbent upon me as a socially awkward american to own the combination and wear it sometimes

Jeez man, thanks for the crash course on fountain pens. Didn't expect this when posting a pic of my old glasses haha. I'm just starting to study Chinese, and I leave for China tomorrow on a government abroad program so I can probably pick something up over there if the east-Asian languages favor fountain pens

niggerfaggot

I don't know why we're talking about pens but I've gotten into using felt tips from sharpie and Staedler, should I even consider moving into fountain pens? I'm pretty happy with felt.

the problem with fountain pens is nothing is ever good enough. you'll fantasize about The One, drool over it for a while, finally get it, blow your load, it becomes part of your collection, and then months later you realize that your outlook has "matured" in light of recent acquisitions, that your focus is now where it should be, and that all you need now is to get this one last piece and once you acquire The One (again), your life will be complete and you will truly have the right selection of writing instruments to scratch all the itches and tickle all the fancies

do you like hobbies like that?

then fountain pens are for you

that said they can make your handwriting much nicer, so if you have self control, there are probably people who can buy one and just run with that, forever. at least, you'd think so, right? maybe you're one of those people.

I mean, I think it's a great hobby (though to be perfectly honest, it doesn't /have/ to be a hobby, and you can really just use them as you would any other tool and not have to put much thought into it), and it will easily give you a better writing experience than any other method of writing will. If you find yourself having to write a lot (especially if you're a student), it is a life saver.

Well since the thread is already there, I was thinking about picking up a Kaweco pen, haven't used a fountain pen since I was like 14 but I should probably get back into it, anyone have experience with it or know better alternatives?

Kawecos are reliable and durable, though their nibs/feeds can be a little inconsistent (and on the dry side, meaning the flow of ink can be poor and give out occasionally) and they fit a very small cartridge, meaning you'll always need to have a spare on you. Also, because of how small they are, they may be slightly uncomfortable to write with over long periods of time if you have large hands.

Plastic Kaweco is worth the money, but the aluminum models aren't worth the price and "extra durability". For $80 bucks you could get a TWSBI (which has similar nib issues, but they're better) and some ink with money to spare. There are also more reliable options that run for a lot less $.

absolutely perfect and concise, dude you need to put down all your pen wisdom somewhere. I'll order a plastic instead of AL, thanks man

There's a lot of info out there on pens (thefountainpennetwork, SBREBrown, GouletPens, etc.) all written by people far more knowledgeable than me, but I appreciate it. I hope the pen works out!

i got mine from there too but a long time ago but i dont really like the design as much anymore though.
i would recommenced everyone to get contact lenses instead

>make no statement
That's good tho, I wear similar ones and they are just neutral so nobody comments them or anything and they look nice on me

>be asian with small nose
>glasses slide down nose
>Warby Parker comes out with "low bridge fit" for asians and blacks

Does anyone have any experience with them?

why arent you on them next level diamond sunglasses user

idk if this is the right thread, but i need help with sunglasses asap (going on vacation in a week)

can somebody id the sunglasses in the pic?

i got aviators laying on my desk but i am thinking of sending them back because my face shape is fucked and i think glasses like in the pic would fit my faceshape better (i dont like ray ban wayfarers tho)

>ut i dont really like the design as much anymore though.
>i would recommenced everyone to get contact lenses instead

Round glasses would suit your face a lot better imo.