ITT:we post god-tier Architecture

ITT:we post god-tier Architecture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l1rV8Un2lTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

university of Lyon

Nearly all of these line drawings look good only on paper and not IRL. I have no idea why it is so but it is.

Trust me, pic related looked magnificent on paper too.

Maybe brutalism was such a pure idea that there's no way to bring it into reality without tainting it.

That's just because it gets dirty...

>God-tier
>posts brutalist architecture

Even if it was squeaky clean, it would still be an eyesore

Fear me.

>tfw I got to live in this wonderful city for years

Not really.

would get boring after 3 minutes

Tadao Ando is a favorite architect of mine
he does a very elegant mix of japanese and brutalist/modern aesthetics

interior of the temple

youtube.com/watch?v=l1rV8Un2lTY
another Ando temple

Ando is top tier. The Japanese just understand minimalist aesthetics.

What's the name of this style? Reminds me of wolfenstein the new order

some interiors

I don´t know a name for this style, but this looks like a concept Nazi architect Albert Speer could have created.

brutalism or late modernism

pic not related

Several of the ones you quoted are futurism (of early fascism fame) check SantElia work.

Wolfenstein design is closer to Speer work on steroids.

I always loved houses with this kind of modern architecture. But I always question how practical they really are. I feel like they're nothing more than expensive art projects and people don't actually live in them.

Is there a specific name for the stern and more geometric variant of Art Deco? "Art Deco" seems like an inconveniently broad term. Anyhow, it's definitely my favourite architectural style.

People actually like that atrocity?

Mies van see Rohe is absolute God-tier. This is the main downtown branch of the Toronto Dominion Bank. It looks like a Greek temple crossed with Space Odyssey.

Cool as fuck.

because they're a traditionally minimalistic culture, which is quite unique even among other asians

though not always been, there's a certain time when preference for simple and undecorated become more preferable over ostentatious decoration of the previous era, it happened around 16th century i think.

it seems that japanese minimalism has more to do with religion and spirituality than sleekness and efficiency of western le corbusier inspired minimalism

a zen garden or a japanese tea house would fit in fine with cubist or minimalist modern building for example

>tfw not living in a nice retro futurist world

check out kengo kuma, his architecture fells very "japanese", much more than ando probably

I like the blend of the ornate with the minimalistic.

>Atrocity

That's a pretty based city, user. Of course, having a nice natural landscape to work with really helps.

Nothing is more aesthetic than snowscape

Classical minimalism = fascist architecture?

plantlets, when will they learn?

It doesn't fit into the Roman cityscape at all. Plus it's a nationalist monument.

Nasir ol Molk Mosque, Iran.

>tfw the place was full of Japanese tourists whenn I was there

Still amazing tho

where is this?

Juche Architecture is pretty aesthetic.

Dolmabahce Palace, Istanbul.

Völkerschlachtdenkmal Leipzig. You could have googled this yourself.

s y m m e t r y

It's ugly as fuck and doesn't fit Romes charm at all. It looks like something you'd see in Washington DC.

>The architecture is based of roman architecture

It's fucking huge, gaudy, blindingly pale, & tasteless.

Il Duce wanted to symbolize the rebirth of the Roman Empire, but all he did was make a giant eyesore that you can see throughout the entire city.

A lot of American architecture is based off some kind of European influence and is fucking atrocious.

There is something with Stripped Classicism that hits all the right places

They really did a good job with the lighting on the Vienna Opera.

"Roman"

Romans were very clean and didn't decorate their shit with gold and statues everywhere. It's a bastardization of Roman architecture, which makes it even worse.

Thing is, at least you can claim disasters like the Washington monument are at least symbolic and in that sense, while ugly, have SOME significance.

Della Patria is more insulting than inspiring. It exists only to stroke nationalist egos and to coat it in thousands of tons of low-quality statues and engravings. It spits on Roman sensibilities.

>a zen garden or a japanese tea house would fit in fine with cubist or minimalist modern building for example
for sure, plenty of formative modern arcitechts were all very smitten with japanese astetics, im pretty sure frank loyd wright was a big fan of japanese style houses

kind of....its what facists used to both progect modernity and progress while also clining to traditional european astetics....wanting to be new romes and all

becuase north korea is vaporwave made flesh

beautiful

How does anything even compare to European architecture?

m8

Well yeah, self-aggrandizing monuments to dictatorships tend to not fit in with such sensibilities. See the palace of parliament in Bucharest for the worst possible example.

Don't tell me this isn't comfy as fuck.

Also daily reminder to weebs Chinese architecture is the foundation of their architecture

Where is that

1/3

2/3

3/3

Mt. Saint Michel, France