Is there a name for this style? Anybody got any similiar inspo...

Is there a name for this style? Anybody got any similiar inspo? I'm imagining this mixed feeling of watching a noir detective in a bar, sipping on whiskey with a cigarette in his hand combined with a sort of Jazz/Blues/Punk-Rock atmosphere of non-conformity, smoothness and devaluation of society's values. Sorry if I sound like a doofus here, but I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

Best I could think of was David Bowie, whose style is based on the same mixture of images, but with the added layer of androgyny and extravagance.

posting David Bowie inspo in the meanwhile

why do you need a name for it
why can't you just take this concept you've detailed
>mixed feeling of watching a noir detective in a bar, sipping on whiskey with a cigarette in his hand combined with a sort of Jazz/Blues/Punk-Rock atmosphere of non-conformity, smoothness and devaluation of society's values
and dress yourself with that in mind

why do you need to label yourself like you're in middle school

This interests me. Done wrong it might descend into fedora territory but I like this aesthetic.

Labels are useful to find outfits and inspiration of similiar style. Why the fuck do you think we label things? It's not for me to feel good about myself, but to collect information in one place. I'm also not asking to create a core or wave or something, I'm asking if there is a name for this style already or people have more inspo for me.

It's probably not for most of Veeky Forums. You need to be out of puberty to dress like this and most guys here just entered it.

There are so many people here (not saying you're one of them) who literally think even just a collar is dangerously close to fedorawear.

There are two things that push you to fedora-mode (other than a fedora) in a normal outfit of this general style: shoes that are too dressy, and a lapel jacket if you don't live in a Tier 1 global city. But you really can't go wrong with a pair of slacks and a tucked in shirt unless you simply don't know how to buy clothes that fit.

Is this similar? I'm about to dump a bunch of different things that might match what you're looking for and you can tell me what you associate with mostly

Don't think it's too similiar, but appreciate it. I think the core of this style are high waist pants, or at least mid to high waist.

And maybe also pleats along with the high waist? Basically retro style with modern cuts or something?

YOU label things because you're inadequate. i don't.
if you have a clear enough conceptualization you don't need to "find outfits and inspiration of similar style"
all you're doing is just copying something you see

isnt this basically heroin chic?

Go with a single pleat. They iron perfectly. It's only double pleats that cause a FUPA.

there's like 3 or 4 different styles going on in this image. why do you think your random assortment of outfits has a "name"

>autism

Giorgio Armani 1990 Autumn may be what you're looking for

bottom line is, all of this, in the wrong fit, or even tailored correctly but worn in too mundane a context could look fedora. Fit well, and worn with confidence by someone in the right context, it will work, otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time. And what I mean by context is that no matter how good the fit, if you're wearing a tailcoat in a walmart, or a $1000 techwear fit in a minivan on the freeway, you will look out of place, and not in a good way.
!disclaimer! I'm an underqualified asshole who may or may not be blowing smoke out my ass, pic related

>no matter how good the fit, if you're wearing a tailcoat in a walmart, or a $1000 techwear fit in a minivan on the freeway, you will look out of place, and not in a good way.
i generally agree, but the way you're phrasing it makes it sound like you're advocating that people should dress within the mores of their particular social sphere for fear of being labeled as
>out of place
which, to me, sort of goes against the core of fashion as a means of self-expression, ya dig?
and granted, i still laugh at that picture of trunks as the cereal witch, but i think that confidence (as well as enough basic grooming to make you appear at least presentable if not attractive) is everything in this game
just my two cents

there's honestly no situation in which I can see someone as overdressed who is wearing parts of a suit. Even at a punk festival you can dress formal and fit in. And apart from social gatherings literally no one cares about how you look, especially not at fucking Wal-Mart.

It's all about the fit, always

And apart from social gatherings literally no one cares about how you look, especially not at fucking Wal-Mart.
more people on here need to get this into their heads
99% of everyone you ever meet just walking down the street will most likely forget that you exist in ten minutes (at most) regardless of what you're wearing
just relax, be chill and wear what you wanna wear, don't worry about what other people are gonna think will look "cool"

Does this fit?

i need these pants in my life, any idea what they are?

My first thought as well but its honestly this

No, but if you're from Europe check out yoox.com, I've seen similiar pants there

also if youre just asking what type of pants those are, just look for high rise/high waist trousers

mate they're pretty removed from regular high-waisted trousers
they've got some sort of a waist fastening and what looks to be buttons on the cuffs
the cut is pretty unusual too

prolly he is in middle school.
nope. Looks like preschool.

sick bantz

>there's honestly no situation in which I can see someone as overdressed who is wearing parts of a suit.

uh, the beach? hiking? outdoors stuff? ya retard