Is this possible to do at home? Or will I just kill my sneaker

Is this possible to do at home? Or will I just kill my sneaker.

Any online guides please link

MMM uses a special custom paint that is very shiny when it dries and has a perfect crackle to crease ratio. You could replicate it but its going to be really matte and also really gay in that everyone who knows fashion is going to look at you and say "wow this guy is so broke and trendy that he couldn't just drop 1/4 of his monthly paycheck on a solid leather shoe"

Just go on Grailed and buy a real pair for like $300 bitch. You can talk people down you know. Also you can resell them for like 80% of your money back should you get tired of them

Source - former Barneys employee

This is literally acrylic paint mixed with a tiny bit of water

Source - former non-liberal art student and painter.

i am literally dying

consumer shitter detected

what a dumbass, this is mostly diy and if you cant find out which paint that does the same effect you're literally helpless

also same source different poster

Lmao I paint in my free time and I have shoes that look kinda like this. You're dumb as shit for spending so much money on this shit

Are they also glazed afterwards the same way leather is glazed after painting?

lol kk go and try it, then compare with the real deal. lmk how that goes

Depends on the technique used to apply the paint. When using a brush, you will have a matte layer of paint. These shoes were probably done the way Pollock did his paintings, by dipping a stick into paint and hovering it over the shoe. I think the most important part is to let each layer of color dry before applying the next layer, and to generously apply the paint.

this is disgusting. What kind of fits do you wear where this would be acceptable. I mean if you're a painter and you actually get paint on your shoes then it might work, but holy fuck

Contrary to what this guy said, I would suggest using oil paint, that way it will stay shiny if applied in a thick layer. Just try it out on some cheap GATs first?

Yes it's possible. But why wouldn't you do it better? Like spattering yellows to the front and slowly graduating to reds at the back?

You just stick with your adidas sneaker little boy.

Cringe. You buy the the margiela's, or you're a painter who for some reason paints in gats, intentionally splattering paint on your shoes is tumblr-girl tier and incredible autistic.

>art teacher
>have shoes that look just like this from work
>mfw seeing these and similar ones at cole haan etc for a few hundos

It's impossible to tell what type of paint that actually is just from looking at it, but it looks almost waxy. The white looks like gesso or white acrylic.

It's definitely not tempara or oil, or probably even normal acrylic, because that just "peals" off

here

if you "drop" oil paint (lol, good luck) on your shoes, it will just get stuck in horrible blobs

you would need a fuck ton of additive to make it that watery and then it would still not dry for a very long time, and probably be the wrong shine/matte ratio

>MMM uses a special custom paint that is very shiny when it dries and has a perfect crackle to crease ratio

kek. probably true but this is gold

youre intentionally buying the paint-splattered margielas you autist

>people are such wagecucks they'll literally pay 300$ to look like a broke artist

pretty amazing desu

Already sold my pair. But custom hand painted MMM inspired stan smiths

This is the person who will tell you to actually buy a real supreme box logo tee or else he'll call you a poorfag for getting a patch and sewing/ironing it on for less than 15 euro/buckaroos

it's like buying an xxxl tee and going "this is totally like those rick owens oversized tees"

Sorry you're still living with mummy and daddy and don't know what it's like to have a disposable income

heres the trick.

use gloss spraypaint.

spray it against cardboard and allow it to drip off onto your shoes. watch out for overspray and wind.

thank me later.

post another pic from top down? looks good from here

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

>buy bundeswehr gats
>throw paint on them with a brush as if youre a priest dousing someone in holy water
done, you can paypal me the 350$ you saved

always wanted to do this with some reebok classics that have been sittin in my closet for a while...