Techwear General

Post your inspiration, relevant brands and individual garments, fit pics, cool Tumblr and Instagram pages, questions, and any discussions about the aesthetic.

All aspects of the aesthetic are welcome.

>What is techwear?
Clothing designed to have specific functional properties incorporating new fabrics and technologies, but worn as everyday clothing.

>Recommended introduction into techwear:
dressed-down.com/

>Recommended lists of techwear clothiers or ones that fit the aesthetic:
pastebin.com/k5z2ZyB0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

0608.co.kr
supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/116740-urban-techwear/
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/15/intro-to-techwear-pt-3-brand-list
meanswhile.stores.jp/
uniqlo.com/us/product/uniqlo-x-theory-dry-ex-short-sleeve-layered-t-shirt-188523.html#69
youtu.be/cr08EIfnALE
hiphoper.com/shop/brand.php?br_id=0608
0608.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=241&cate_no=82&display_group=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Y-3's SS17 Fashion show to see some runway tech fashion.

I feel like the idea most people are trying to achieve, the "technijia" look. Apologizes for using the term, but there's more to techwear than this. Can we focus on a broader scope?

Of course
>All aspects of the aesthetic are welcome

Cool, I don't feel like I should look like a hacker everyday. What brands do you recommend?

I don't have a lot of experience with brands like this, but Uniqlo and Outlier. So naturally I can only recommend them. Uniqlo is pretty cheap compared to other brands, but you as much functionality compared to other brands. They might cover the basics like heat retention, breathable, and water durability and repellency. If I had to recommend something right now to grab will be the Uniqlo x Theory collaboration.

check arc'teryx veilance stuff user. great minimal tech

Has anyone bought from 0608? The prices are ridiculously low, how's the quality.

Also

Any good cargo pants?

Guerrilla Group makes some pretty good ones, but they're quite pricey.

Shit, these look good.

can you buy from them if youre in the US?

I assume so, everyone recommends it because of how cheap it is. Hard to navigate this site in all Korean.

Do you have a link for 0608?

Veilance, outlier, proof ny,mission workshop etc. all have a casual or waterproof business man aesthetic.

0608.co.kr
>ProorNY
Aren't they dea?

I've noticed a longish strap inside the pocket of a jacket
WTF is it for?

If it's a windbreaker or something you might be able to pack it all into the pocket

My bad, forgot they disappeared.

Pretty comprehensive lists can be found here:
supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/116740-urban-techwear/
and here:
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/15/intro-to-techwear-pt-3-brand-list

I need a new pair of kicks, I was looking at Adidas for new running shoes. I don't have an expansive budget, how are the Energy Clouds and Speed trainers?

Fucks sake, why do p10a cargos have to be so hard to find

Any recommendations for some nice tech softshells? Going to Iceland this autumn, already have merino wool base layer and isaora hardshell. The only thing I am missing is a soft and warm middle layer.

Arc'teryx mainline has a bunch of nice ones.

Look up Endura Urban Softshell. Just got one and it's great.

Can't speak for those, but I've had decent experience with the Adios Boost series. They're good shoes for 5k runs, but your feet will begin to hurt with runs upwards of 10k.

If you're interested in Nike shoes, the Lunarracer provides great comfort and lightness, but suffers from the lack of long-term durability on the outsole.

What about the Nike Free RN?

For the those of you interest in the more minimal look; i found this today, Meanwhile clothing meanswhile.stores.jp/ . Most of it is sold out on their store but it looks like they may have a few stockists so good luck

Free soles are for short runs, not long. The 5.0 is great for casual wear but don't expect it to last long under heavy stress.

Tell me about budget and style preferences?

Some nice pieces and cool materials, but god their product pictures and models are so shitty.
Pic related - wasn't even their worst

Are the Nike Air Rifts comfy? I'd like to get into techwear and make this one of my first techwear-esque shoes.

I've no idea but stubbing your toe in them looks like it will be as bad as bare foot

dude they cost as much as the ACG Free Rifts, tho i guess you could use Air Rifts in colder weathers?

Should I cop?
uniqlo.com/us/product/uniqlo-x-theory-dry-ex-short-sleeve-layered-t-shirt-188523.html#69

why not, its only 20$

Any suggestions on hats?

anything goes, pick something fancy & technical

Techwear is all about being functional, making life easier, and minimal. We all see this in our fits, but what about the little things. I'm very interested in everyday gadgets that can makes ones life easier. Things to watches, water canisters, and even key chains. Post what you got.

Keychains with fidlocks? I like it; got anymore of this edc stuff?

I was thinking of getting a Dash wallet, compared to some expensive bi-fold wallet. The RFID interest me, I'm a heckler about my security.

I like how thin it is, but to be honest given the choice I'd probably still go with bellroy , some of these minimal wallets look they make things too fussy.

My only problem with these wallets is cash. I don't want to fold up my cash and unroll it when I need to pay for something. Thanks, user.

New Y-3 looks sick youtu.be/cr08EIfnALE

Too bad I'm poor

I'm interested in sports water bottles. Most people have been recommend this Hydro Flask bottle. What does you guys use?

I've got one of those. The insulation is pretty great. It's just on the heavier side and takes up a bit of room, so having a bag with a large bottle pouch is recommended.

outlier freeshell

Tried to register on the site, but the whole process is fucking confusing. I cannot get through all that korean moonrunes.

It's not really Veeky Forums but for a while I used one of those collapsible drink bottles that's like a wineskin; it's plastic and folds flat when empty, but can hold like 600 ml of water when full. Really handy for college cause they have water fountains there

S-six hundred euro? D:

Sorry user

It's alright. It's not your fault techwear is such an expensive clothing style~

Yeah, actually I'm inclined to agree that collapsible water bottles are much more tech-y than all that fuck huge shiny ass metal barrels.
I mean, they really take so less space which is really convenient when you are travelling or low on space.
Can't find any sane reason why all that metal bottles are so popular now except for the looks.

Not even that expensive. It's still ugly af tho

i'd say the main reason is that metal bottles don't have any toxic plastics

Are there any must-have techwear items? Good items to begin with?

Hard shell (or a soft shell made from something like schoeller dry skin) and some decent shoes, pants are a pain the arse to find and on that front I think the best way to sort out pants would be to get something made of cotton that you like the fit off and then coat it with nikwax. A diy approach to items may be needed

Thank youuu~

I have a bellroy (card sleeve - older version) and it's FANTASTIC once the leather breaks in. Can easily keep up to 3-5 bills in it depending on how many cards I have. The quick card function is a bit tricky until the leather breaks in though. The newer one in their web shop seems to have addressed any issues I have with mine.

Yeah I was thinking Bellroy, but I don't want to place that much on a wallet expensive. Is it that good?

I have a $6 Faraday cage sleeve for my phone and cards. I think that is kind of techy.

Link? I was thinking about getting a wallet at Silent Pocket.

Anyone know how much 3a-1s run for retail these days? On the Acronym webstore and other spots.

Thanks

Does /techwear/ take into any athletic hobbies? Freerunning, running, biking, etc?

What are you asking? If we exercise? If there are any 'tech' brands catered to sports?

user is asking for literally any athletic hobbies we partake in.
I do a running, and that's how I got into techwear a seamless transition between aesthetics and being active.

gym, parkour, running, calisthenics, hiking, climbing and cycling. i think techwear lends pretty well to parkour and cycling especially

After getting into techwear, I feel like getting into parkour. Maybe it has something to with the functional ease that comes with techwear that got me into getting from point A to point B the fastest.

Running and frisbee. Nice to see Frisbee is finally recognized by the Olympic committee, despite its reputation as a casual sport.

What do you guys do for shoes

I'm always on the search for something water resistant that I can run in and isn't luminous

Recent fit, in love with p10-s

I just prefer running shoes, usuallt flyknits. Whatever running shoe that best suits you. Any aesthetic appeal is just icing on the cake

Fuckinf sweet.

I tried looking - everything is so fucking ugly

its fun but lots of injuries. be careful and take it slow. use grippy shoes that can bend easy, like nike frees. you need to be able to feel the concrete for jumps and climbing up shit

looks nice but feel the shoes are a weak point.

It fits me perfectly, I love how slim it is and I work in a mall so I need to use my access card pretty frequently. I would definitively recommend it.

Cycling and grappling. Mobility is king.
You could look into muro.exe - they're more on looks, but are very comfy to walk around in and decent for running/ sprinting if needs be (eg. running to catch the bus). Wouldn't do any jogging or training in them though.

w2c the bag?

Acronym

nice, need to cop a pair myself

What's the jacket?

Acr j44l-gt

Asking for the second time. Has anyone bought from www.0608.co.kr? Any help, tutorials about buying from there?

I gave up, even translating the page didn't help

Yeah, the page where you should input your address is absolutely weird. And I guess they only allow shipping within Korea.
I've asked them on FB, instagram and email, but received no response yet.
I'm even considering to use Korean buying service now.

Most of their stuff is one says one size fits all, what's up with that?

Yeah that could work, keep us posted if you have any luck with it

Isn't it the tees that are one size only? And anyway they do provide the sizing info on them. Moreover, jackets and pants are available in several sizes.
You can also find their stuff on hiphoper, but again I can't get through the registration process as they do not accept my phone number. The link is hiphoper.com/shop/brand.php?br_id=0608

Their jackets are not at the same discount as the original site. Also, I don't understand these sizes what is 1+0 won and 2+0 won?

Well, of course the price is different since they are just reselling original items and the may place any cost they want.
>Also, I don't understand these sizes what is 1+0 won and 2+0 won?
Pic related, the sizing info on their jacket. Taken straight from the original site. Just scroll it down a little bit - 0608.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=241&cate_no=82&display_group=1

Would love someone to share their experience with 0608.

Any recs for some decent trail shoes? Going camping in a month and could use some durable (preferably water proof/resistant) shoes. I'm also starting to get into urban exploration, so I would like something that can work into a regular, urban fit.

Looking at these right now. Not the best, but reasonably priced and somewhat fits the aesthetic.

Asian brands generally use one size fits all because they like oversized fits and aren't too particular.

0608 is like Guerrilla Group, where they will use some decent waterproof materials but nothing too great - once you get it in real life you will understand that you won't get what you pay for.

Go to /out/ for trail shoes and don't bother trying to go for 'style'. UrbEx is just beater sneakers or boots.

They're not 'hard to find' they're just sold out. Wait for FW Septembers release, there will be -A version of P10 (no regulars though)

So it's p10a in aw and p10 in ss?

Haglöfs L.I.M shoes are /techwear/ as fuck. Dunno if they are available in US tho.

Anyone tried manastash?

You don't have to worry about that shit

t. chemistry student