What is it about japanese letters that makes them so cool?

What is it about japanese letters that makes them so cool?

aesthetics

As you can't read them you become fully aware of their form rather than function.

dumbass white person waxing poetic about eastern characters lmao

any beauty in the form itself pales in comparison when compared to its function and the significance of a character's composition

this
but if Japanese kids in America even have to go to calligraphy classes I think it shows that they care a lot about writing beautifully

That's Chinese.
And written awfully.

I dont see how I'm waxing poetic here, when I'm just explaining to you what makes Japanese characters appealing to the average person who can't read them. It's certainly not the beautiful meaning that compels people to buy tshirts with butchered nonsensical kanji on them.

Did you miss when the Japs imported a couple thousand Chinese characters?

ZXフラックスADVすべての黒を だいすき!!!

weeaboos get out

because niggas love anime and niggerculture is now mainstream. just look at kanye, drake, beyonce the holy trinity of basic

fuck off retard

Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around niggers. Deal with it Tyrone.

Then it's still a Chinese character.

generic insult.

Do you feel the need to insert your racism into everything?

>The Mona Lisa is in France so it's a French painting

Because it's the cool thing in fuccboi fashion right now.

I think you missed the post I was responding to, unless you're that poster. In which case idk what you're complaining about when you're talking about niggerculture.

this

Man... it sucks that this is a /r/streetwear fuccboi trend. I have a shirt from one of my fav Japanese restaurants with a big Jap letter on the back and I really love wearing it. Especially around the burbs stuntin on the Chinese population... no fair.

As someone who studied typography for a bit and recently finished a few workshops with a famous korean hangul calligrapher and a calligraphy lesson at a university in Tokyo, I think theres a variety of reasons why those characters are so appealing.

1. Expression and Personality (like alphabetical signatures)
2. It's been seen as art for a much longer time than english letters so more appreciation.
3. Weebs and trends

retards exoctizing

they look cool because they're different, same reason you see kids in china wearing dumbass american sayings

sage

>Roman letters are only for Romans
>Arabic numeral are only for Arabs

Fuck, the intelligence level in this thread. cultural appropriation is for poseurs

drastically lowered when you posted

its been a cool thing in fuccboi fashion for the longest time they try to seem multicultural but when you ask them what it means they are like "uhh i dunno" have you ever seen those pink dolphin shirts? Its so retarded. I know you don't need to know the meaning to find it beautiful but its just wearing it for the aesthetic seems pointless

TLDR just don't wear it if you don't know what it means

[UNSHEATHES KATANA]

t. Person who doesn't know how to write in either language.