60s inspo lets go!

Post stuff from the 60s, or just stuff with elements derived heavily from the 60s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Au9oohI1MuM
highwatersinhell.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/life-in-watts-1966-the-ones-that-got-away/
time.com/3640068/the-fire-last-time-life-in-watts-1966/
missrosen.com/bill-ray-watts-1966/
books.google.co.uk/books?id=olUEAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&lr=&hl=en#v=twopage&q&f=false
books.google.nl/books?id=WFMEAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=nl&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=6Sy_MXRta8o
youtube.com/watch?v=2ojaofcXmS8
youtube.com/watch?v=j9VhI8S_INI
youtube.com/watch?v=-AvjMHs7U7I
youtube.com/watch?v=9yMU-vo-BKc
media.
fashionfilmstudies.blogspot.nl/2010/11/1960s-europe.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qEdqvkBKvaI
youtube.com/watch?v=tAv5Ip9v1dA
youtube.com/watch?v=vKkPjz-kKZs
youtube.com/watch?v=EAlfr7wsqcM
youtube.com/watch?v=zrYB8hgyq4s&spfreload=10
michaelbarnaartvanbergen.com/epages/62324553.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62324553/Products/Classics-Mondriaan
dse.nl/~evoluon/index-e.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0Xo6FaypcpY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's not "60s stuff"

that's YSL, he's his own time period

it's from the 60s
makes me think of the 60s
never hurts to post something even if it's not exactly right, its just inspo

seeing that then seeing pic related makes me sad

ok i get it stop giving me shit and start contributing ;:^{

Shut up, Hedi ruined YSL

oh i thought you meant that my choice of pic was bad
now i understand what you meant, sorry

are the 60s the goat decade for fashion?

yeah thats my point. its a huge fall from grace. you esl mate?

youtube.com/watch?v=Au9oohI1MuM

highwatersinhell.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/life-in-watts-1966-the-ones-that-got-away/

time.com/3640068/the-fire-last-time-life-in-watts-1966/

missrosen.com/bill-ray-watts-1966/

books.google.co.uk/books?id=olUEAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&lr=&hl=en#v=twopage&q&f=false

books.google.nl/books?id=WFMEAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=nl&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

youtube.com/watch?v=6Sy_MXRta8o

If anyone has a better resolution of this picture, could you please post it? I can only find a slightly better site with an Asian watermark.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ojaofcXmS8

youtube.com/watch?v=j9VhI8S_INI

also if you're looking for 60's inspo the movie (or the original tv show) The Man From UNCLE is pretty great

youtube.com/watch?v=-AvjMHs7U7I

youtube.com/watch?v=9yMU-vo-BKc

media. [infinity] ch.net/film/src/1415316821733.webm

Qui ĂȘtes-vous, Polly Maggoo? (1966)

Found this blog:
fashionfilmstudies.blogspot.nl/2010/11/1960s-europe.html

I can't find a good picture that flatters Marisa Mell and her dress, but here you go.

Danger Diabolik! (1968)

youtube.com/watch?v=qEdqvkBKvaI
youtube.com/watch?v=tAv5Ip9v1dA

Full movie in 360p: youtube.com/watch?v=vKkPjz-kKZs
protip: 12:28 - 18:23

I'm still not sure about him as Beast.

getting those jeans and sweater dirty on the grass

fantastic movie btw...

God everything about this fit and her make up are vile

god just imagine going through life looking like this man

youtube.com/watch?v=EAlfr7wsqcM

Riddle me this! There are three men an a boat with a pack of cigarettes and no matches. How did they manage to smoke?

bumpo

youtube.com/watch?v=zrYB8hgyq4s&spfreload=10

That's such an awful bastardization of De Stijl

Bastardization? It is directly inspired from Mondrians paintings, and I would say it's done very well, not in a "bastardizing" way.
Why do you think it's awful?

michaelbarnaartvanbergen.com/epages/62324553.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62324553/Products/Classics-Mondriaan

Because it doesn't play with the idea of form and loses all the dynamism that is in the movement.

Look at interiors,design and art belonging to the movement and you see that they are multidimensional and contain a lot of depth, I suppose if we are talking about fashion the design and interiors are more important. The famous chair by Gerrit Rietveld for example, it introduces a new image on each plane of viewing.

In the case of this YSL deisgn, it doesn't really play with the form in any way,it simply introduces a reference to the movement through it's use of colour and then follows traditional form and proportion guides. In essence, it uses the idea of De Stijl as a marketing trick to pedal something completely different,losing the whole point of the movement entirely.

What would be a better deisgn? A dress that introduces a new image on each plane of viewing? Do you have an example?

A dress that uses shape and colour to change the perception of form

Do you have an example?

What I think he means is something less pure/simple in terms of shape, protrusions and stuff that make the dress less identifiable as a dress. consider pic rel and apply it to a dress

And I appreciate your point of view, and your constructive response, but I don't agree. These individual dresses weren't inspired by the movement as a whole, only by Mondrian who strived to simplify and reduce his works, it is only fitting to have a simple dress rather than a complex one

dse.nl/~evoluon/index-e.html

I like it. she looks so pretty

youtube.com/watch?v=0Xo6FaypcpY

Why do women in the 60's look different than modern day women? They all look so cute and natural back then

the ugly ones don't get photographed

god this man is handsome

my grand parents

they are more effay than u are how does it feel

threads like these give me faith in Veeky Forums again

I doubt posting these pictures here do any good. It will mostly be reposted on tumblr, reddit or whatnot. I have yet to see, for example, a /diy/ project that takes , , and into account or an outfit in the WAYWT threads that takes inspiration from imagedumps.

God tier