Does anyone else here hate ripped jeans? They always look shitty to me

Does anyone else here hate ripped jeans? They always look shitty to me.

ripped jeans during summer months are a staple and will never go away (not saying i don't respect your opinion, OP, just sayin' that I'm just sayin', lol).

How often do you think typical street-walking Veeky Forumsshonistas distress their own jeans? Can you tell the different between independently distressed jeans vs. store bought distressed?

i have 1 pair of ripped jeans I dont wear them often. they are a meme but girls like them. imo ripped jeans only look good if your jeans arent leggings and are decent quality

rips like in OP look like garbage

Hate the look but I'm going to rip myself some because I need jeans I can wear when it is hot as hell outside

Dont underestimate how nice ripped jeans are when its hot and you don't wanna wear shorts. It's like a vent in your pants.

what the fuck did he do to his timbs?

he hotep'ed the shit out of them

Ripped a pair of black jeans because I thought they were boring and it looks pretty nice. Just two or three rips though, everything else is bound to look trash.

looks great. did you rip them while they were inside out? any specific techniques or just like, scissors or something?

highly doubt thats him

Dif person but yoy can get that same effect just by cutting it then throwing it in the washer and dryer. If you dont put it into a washer and dryer then it wont have the natural frayed edges and it'll look too straight and square

oh yea, true, good point.

good deal & thanks.

Not me. That's lookbook hero Ivan Chang. Not sure about his technique, but he mostly goes for holes rather than slits to show off his leg tats I guess.

I just used scissors while wearing them; straight cut across and a crochet needle for fraying. And then two smaller cuts on the thigh and pulling the vertical threads out with tweezers for a ladder hole I think that's called. Then washing/drying them as pointed out.

i bet your pants look like try hard home made trash, show pics

I hope they don't look like your pic.

personally i'm not into them rn, don't own any. 2/4 of my overalls are ripped tho

natural rips are the only rips
if you just take a boxcutter to some normal ass jeans and call it a day you're fucking it up

distressed jeans are cool if you do it yourself

THIS.