Receeding/balding Hair General

Anyone here get a hair transplant? 23 and my hairline has been pic related for the last 3 years-ish. I won't go bald judging by my dad, who just has a receeded hairline and some thinning up top. Thinking about visiting a hair transplant clinic. I also don't wanna get on any drugs that kill my dick or anything. Thoughts?

Also post balding fa feels.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>23
>I won't go bald
>pic related
lmao ok dude
youll be perma buzz cut in 2 years tops

>asking this in a place where most people are edgy underage shut-ins

try minoxidil, wont kill your dick like fin but can have some results

been on minoxidil since january, it did great in my crown area which was like 20% thinner than the rest of my hair, but it didn't do anything for my hairline.

>balding at 24
>receding hairline
>thin hair at the front
>start finasteride
>no side effects
>1 year in, it has no effect on hair
>still thinning and receding

And before anyone tells me to shave it, I am ugly as fuck already and can't grow facial hair to compensate

life sucks

its weird that fin made no effects. im 18 and already balding really badly, before that i had beautiful hair and actually looked good with it. tried fin but gave up after 2-3 weeks
i just accepted being ugly because i have a big forehead. started working out at least

I feel your pain. Only solution I see is a hair transplant at a good clinic. Even that won't be an options if you go completely bald from forehead to crown.

You know fin takes months before having any visible changes right? I wouldn't recommend fin anyways, a lot of people think they get no sides but it massively reduces their sex drive, and they go years thinking they just have a low sex drive.

im 19 and i'm a norwood 3 or something.

Started finasteride and minox plus keto shampoo 4-5 months ago. My hairline is much better and i can wake up and actually feel good about my hair now. Zero sides

18m not sure if im currently balding idrk ive always had a high hairline
anyway

would it hurt to just start taking biotin supplements daily? maybe also vitamin d?
trying to slow it down as best as possible

yeah i read a lot about it
i stopped because the sides (maybe part of it was placebo) and i have anxiety issues in the first place and i would just wonder every day if this is a side effect or my mind fucking with me

Why is it that some people begin balding before they can even grow facial hair

I've always thought that it was due to high levels of testosterone, leading to beard growth and subsequently balding

Wouldn't hurt, it's just vitamins

I swear minoxidil is giving me forehead wrinkles, very small but still. Anyone else notice this? I use .5ml once a day on my crown, so it's nothing excessive and it's not even near my forehead but I swear something is fucking up the skin on my forehead, makes me wanna stop taking it. Some googling reveals it might be caused by minoxidil too.

I'm almost 22 and I've been receding slowly since I was about 17 or something. This year I shaved my head just to see what I would look like when I'm fully bald and desu I was quite happy with it (paired with stubble and some glasses). It gave me a lot more confidence to know I'm not going to look horrendous as it goes. Not bothering with any drug or supplement because they won't bring back an inch to my hairline and my actual hair is just as thick as ever. I just keep it short.

I'm 20 and I'm balding

what do I do? I'm freaking out Veeky Forums ;_;

read about finesteride and dht and decide if its worth the risk or not

weave.

why the fuck does nobody ever mention Saw Palmetto or Pumkpin Seed Oil? not try to fuck with my hormones

Biotin does nothing, deficiency is rare, overdosing on it is pointless.

MPB will be cured within 2-3 years, there are countless topical androgen blockers being tested which work and regrow hair but aren't FDA approved and only available from dodgy Chinese suppliers. Setipiprant/PGE2, some Turkish stem cell cream called kelopesia, some diabetes cream beginning with 'CU' which works but costs fuck loads to import.

I started balding a year ago, its probably only 'matured' but it still looks worse than my natural boxed hairline so I've been doing this and it works.

>dermaroll 2mm till my hairline bleeds abit
>drink 2ml castor oil daily
>apply 2ml castor oil to hairline daily
>stemoxydine
>minoxidil (only twice a week, not twice a day like it says)
>lithium chloride weekly
>St. Johns Wort daily
>retina hydraulic acid cream from my skincare regime also on my hairline

Sounds like a lot I know, but it works, 30-40 hairs popped up on my temples and along my hairline in only 5 weeks.

Where to buy it?

>MPB will be cured within 2-3 years

I want to believe

There's countless people putting research chemicals from China on their head and regrowing their hair, its just it costs loads and you have to do it forever.

Research done into MPB is ridiculously underfunded, finasteride/minoxidil were discovered by accident and most of the progress since then has been done by non-scientists on depressing baldness forums. There's no reason a company can't just mass produce one of these upcoming chemicals proven to work and bottle it. FDA are just in the way.

I use finasteride and it seems to work for me, which is cool because I find it much more practical than minoxydil. Just hoping that it will last for some time... I'm 18 btw :(

Medical companies make billions of shit that hardly works already, I doubt there's much incentive for them.

You'll go bald and you will be a bit less attractive. Deal with it and maybe try to develop a personality.

Also try 1-2 Brazil nuts a day, pumpkin seeds. A topical zinc and selenium application with vitamin E wouldn't hurt either.

Anywhere that sells supplements. Palmetto is in many mens vitablends, but never in a sufficient amount.

Went and got a consultation a few days ago. It's pricey, but definitely gonna do it. Got prescribed fin in the meantime, so just started that. Was kinda sketched out about it beforehand, but the amount of people that got those sides in the studies were about 3%. And 1.5% in the placebo group had them too. Plus, out of those who got them, none of them were tested if they had low test, or if they were taking or doing anything that might contribute to it. Also, the ones who got them were usually older dudes anyway. There's obviously a risk, but it's small. So, weigh your options and decide if you want to try it or not, friend.

you look like Daniel Day Lewis

been on fin for over 2 years
I started minox in December and started to get regrowth
but I stopped because I felt like I wouldnt be able to stay consistent with it which could end up being more damaging in the end.
I hope a more effective treatment comes out soon

I don't think 18 year olds should be fucking with anti-androgens

Related note.

How fa can bald be?

Shaved cause sister got cancer and doing one of those donate hair and such.

sedentary lifestlye + terrible diet + blue light from phone and computer screens giving everyone anxiety which leads to hairloss

should grow some stuble and ditch the grandpa glasses

Am I balding? I've always had high temples, but I've noticed that it moved back a few millimeters in the past few months, it hasn't gotten worse for a while now and it's generally stayed the same for a while now. I've heard of a maturing hairline, and seems to fit my current symptoms. I just need a second opinion.

THIS! So much THIS!!

hahaha omg sucked in
I would kill myself if i was balding that bad!!
thank god i am 19 with no signs of baldness at all. i will be this way for life :^)

Looks like a normal hairline to me, dude. You'll be fine. You'll probably recede at the temples as you age but that happens to virtually all men.

rofl you wont start balding because of anxiety. its genetic male balding

samefagging

>in denial he will be bald in a few years
Cap this.

I'm not OP?

That's a pretty normal hairline.

Unless you took a DNA test about genetic balding, you don't know. Plenty of people start balding in their early 20's with no sign from before. Why I'm responding to an obvious bait though

>started receding like father did when he was my age
>buzzed it
>look phenomenal because i'm handsome tall and fit

thank god i'm not ugly

What dosage would you recommend? I'm looking at it on amazon and there many different ones

I have a massive bald spot on my head right now.

I'm a NEET so it doesn't matter much, but I looked so bad when I shaved it made me never want to leave the house again.

Balding is worse than being a manlet or even worse than being fat.

The worst thing people will treat you differently and any girl under 30 will not look at you anymore, unless you have god tier facial genetics.

this is not true and clearly shows that you have very little social experience. you can still work out, look good and get good at things. im not denying balding is a bad thing, but its mostly just a huge mental thing that makes people suffer from it

You literally do need the face.

My fucking MOM told me I look like shit bald and I told her if she'd rather have me go back to the Costanza look and she told me to just buy a wig or something.

Plenty of people I get along with told me they dislike it too.

You need to get new friends. And a new mom.

Why? Are you bald? I feel like you're just trying to convince yourself everything is fine and no one thinks you look worse.

If your cohorts are saying you look like shit because of something you can't control, then you should probably reconsider them. Also, balding is a sign of growing up, millions of men experience hair loss as early as 18. But if it bothers you that much just save up for hair plugs. Otherwise, just wear beanies and grow a beard if you can and dress nicely.

I'm trying a beard but it doesn't look that hot on me and I don't really know how to maintain and groom one to look good.

Hair plugs won't happen, I have too little hair for it so it's expensive as fuck.

Beanies sure but everyone will still reject me if I take it off.

No one's going to reject you. The people that reject you based on your looks are superficial anyways and aren't worth it. I know a ton of bald dudes at my campus that are popular and well liked mostly because of their attitude. My brother is bald and girls flock to him because what he lacks in hair, he makes up for in other areas. You just have to not be pessimistic and cynical to think everyone will be like that toward you, otherwise it'll be a self fulfilling prophecy because your outlook and attitude will start to manifest itself into other aspects of your life, and believe me, people will notice and not want to be around you. People who bald tend to be the main ones who focus on them being bald. Just shave it and be confident in yourself. Also, you can find on the Internet how to groom and maintain a nice beard if you want to.

I don't know man, I really think it depends on your facial structure.

Thankfully I don't leave the house much anymore anyways, I'll feel more confident when I'm 30, I can consider trying to get with a girl again then, only 5 more years.

DNA wouldn't tell you much.

It'd tell you your risk, like (x7 increased risk or, x1.2 reduced risk). Its how the genes are expressed which matters.

Nobody in my family is balding but I have x7 increased risk according to my DNA test, started to bald at 20 but have maintained my hair completely with minoxidil twice a week.

most people dont realize that its not your hair (or facial structure or whatever) but the attitude you get because of it. my friend is fat (not the attractive cuddly one) and fucks qts all the time. other friend of mine is an edgy right-wing fat guy but has a shit-ton of confidence and pick up 8/10 girls from tinder all the time.

Dunno why people are saying fin lowers sex drive... fin made my sex drive go up by a huge amount.

>Dunno why people say

You are fucking with your androgens, its most likely that your test probably went up to compensate for the DHT loss. Not necessarily a good or a bad thing. There's better ways to raise test.

Taking a hair loss drug that takes months to work, may not work and does anything to your sex drive at all is fairly silly imo.

I've been on fin for 4 months and haven't had any sides yet, still have the same sex drive and muh dick works. Starts minoxidil 2 months in and hairline has mostly come back to what it was :3

After seeing your hairline you've given me a reason to keep living life.

But you should not user, just kys

Ive had long hair for huge portion of my life but i only started tying it up for work 2 months ago. Ive only just begun to notice my hair thin out on the top, what is happening? I had exams and did a keto diet, but is it likely to be what i fear most?

welcome to the bald life my friend! to compensate for your disability you will need money or else women won't touch you with a 100km stick.

lmao this is so far past gone. how did you not notice? enjoy your buzzcut dude haha

was it the MCAT?

so if I'm thinning on the top center and back of my head should I try this? Does it actually regrow hair or what?

Have you guys tried Jizzpoo? It's basically putting cum in your hair overnight to help it regrow the missing parts.

Yes, extremely well when combined with dermarolling/microneedling which increases absorbtion.

I used this for reference

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

I dermarolled with a 1.5mm needle 1-2 times a week, and apllied minox every night. Twice a day IMO is overkill and will make you feel shitty about having it in your hair 24/7. Once a night might even be too much, but I'd go with that for the first 3 months where most of the regrowth happens. But bweare of the massive shed when you first start using it, I lost a lot more hair in the first 6 weeks, but it all came back and then some.

Also I used lipogaine instead of rogaine, heard better things about it. Minoxidil is the active ingredient nonetheless, can't speak for other brands as I've only used lipogaine.

Goodluck faggot

Iunno how i didnt notice, legit 3 days ago it was at the centre of my crown and now there's just massive streaks. Im only 19. My hairline isnt affected :/

total bullshit
n=1 but my sexdrive has never been higher, ive had days i fapped for 7 times, cumming multiple times
also been on fin for 3 years, now im 20

same here, been on fin for 2 years and my libido is either unchanged or higher than it was before

hard to belive. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

fin reduces (not every part of it though) by 70-90%
sex drive is a thing, but dht also responsible for many things like development of facial structure. im glad if it worked for you but taking this med and fucking with a really important androgen in such early, development age is not a good idea, whether you like your hair or not

youre miserable because of your attitude but dont try to bring others down user

maybe my dick would be bigger than 6 inches, who knows. at least im glad i still have my hair and im not bald like my fucking brother.

the thing is that there are just so many fucking possible side effects when you start fucking with such important thing. its just not worth it for me.

johnny sins is bald and he's p popular w the ladies

also don't worry too much about balding
growing old is a priviledge denied to many & relished by few

I've heard coconut oil works too, I've been using pic related for a while, but I honestly can't tell if its working or not. Definitely have less hair than I did a year ago though. :(

theres a 95%- 97% chance you wont get them, but people always focus on the negative

im not anti-drug user, i have prescription for xanax and anti-depressants. i dont even mind getting high sometimes. but drugs that affect your hormone system work differently for everyone. and even if you stop because of the sides, your body need time to re-adjust. and that can take months.
its not like a strong painkiller that can give you headaches and dizziness. reduced libido, depression, brain fog, change in mood, change in your body structure, the list goes on with fucked up things. im sure some for some people placebo plays a role, but im also sure that a lot of people just ignore the non-obvious sides like being slower or emotionally unstable because of the love of its hair.
remember this shit wasnt invented for hair-loss, it was discovered in people who took it for enlargement of the prostate.
hope there will be an actual fda approved solution in the future. as user mentioned ealier, you can already read about new drugs that allegedly work, just really far from being legal

Tfw I've been on Fin for 7 months and I'm basically a NW 0 again.

Shedding a little more than normal but I heard its normal to experience multiple sheds on Fin.

i wish i was nw0 again
even after 3 years im still the same as i started, if not slightly worse

>tfw 25 and hairline like OP's
>have severe acne/scars on the back of my head so i can't even shave my hair

should i just keep it long?

Hey man maintence is a success in itself! Are you on minox too?

yes. it regrows my temple peaks, if i get off it it looks much worse lol

>19
>always had a high hairline
>dad has slight hair loss since 50
>hair is healthy as far as I can tell
>because of 4chins i'm deathly afraid my hair will start falling out every time I comb it
What doooooooo

It won't by combing it. If you're really worried just take pictures of your hair every few months and compare. If it changes get on treatment. Also watch out for crazy amounts of shedding.

Hmmm I may look into this. My hair is thinning bad enough that people are pointing it out to me and have been for the past couple years...I may be too far gone but I really don't think so. I've always had an awkward hairline, its pretty far back on my forehead and really low on my neck, like someone shifted my entire scalp back a few inches. It's weird. I've though about looking into getting hair from the lower part of my neck replaced to the top of my head where it is needed, so that it brings up my neck line while filling in my crown. Thanks for the link and info though I'll check it out.

Thank, kind user

finasteride is for betas

go nuclear on that shit with dutasteride, tho there is little hope for your hairline

im slightly above baseline after 3 years on dht inhibitors, nw 2.5

dutasteride is much more expensive its retarded
i pay 5 € for a 280 day supply
theres not much difference from dut either

duta is even more dangerous. enjoy your hair, too bad cant fuck anyone with a limpdick

We're you on Fin first or went right on Dut? I've heard horror stories of people switching lossing so much hair.

anxiety gave me early greying not balding

u mean genetics

Been on fin for a little less than a year now. Watery semen for the first few weeks was my only side. It's helped regrow basically everything I've lost.

I jumped on it as soon as I noticed my temples were receding a little. The majority of the sides are mental anyway. If you're seriously considering whether or not to try just talk to your derm and see if it's worth the risk. I think it's 100% worth it.

My mom said I'm going bald because I never go outside thus I'm Vitamin D deficient, can she be right?

Buzz
Grow facial hair
lift

I feel you user, I'm 19 and my hairline is super receded. I was actually about to make a post just like this yesterday.

I thought about it for a long time and honestly I don't think its worth trying to salvage once it gets un-hideable if you get what I mean.

Because I have a combover haircut and shaved on the sides, my long hair on the top covers my super receded temples and since the sides are shaven you can't notice how its slanted from receding.

I'm already nearing that point of no return and within 2 years I'm certain I'm done for, so for now I'm planning on using kirkland minoxidil to try and keep my hairline near to where it is now, or at least slow down the process.

My plan is to wait another 2 or 3 years until I can grow a beard and then go for pic related look. I'm a decent looking guy and I have thick hair naturally so I think I could pull this off and compensate for the baldness with a cool rugged beard.

Well.
You're fucked.
Enjoy.