twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>trucker at shitty stripclub on the side of a freeway-core

>carrying a backpack around the city
>outdoorsmancore

What are these shoes

I don't know if they are, but Diemme shoes look very similar. Pic related

it's called /wildernesscore/
synthetic plebs get out

spot on. Wearing denim when you intend to actually go hiking or something is uncomfortable and dumb

All this shit is so hipster

I'm all about the raw denim and work boots on campus, but not when I'm actually innawoods.

>synthetic plebs get out
I like my Woolrich and down, but that's not always the best choice when actually innawoods, user.

Not legitimate innawoods attire. Pic related (on the right). Where my onnaMountain sc/out/s at?

I'll give you the basic rules
>synthetics

for muh ultralighters, weekend warriors and hikers
>natural materials

for long term survivalists, hunters, "bushcrafters", muh medieval skills, etc
basically, synthetics are for people with less outdoor skills, and natural is for people with more outdoor skills. not trying to be rude tbqh

what if i live in a house?

jesus christ you have never been outside have you?

all the fits in that pic are awful

house is fine

I go /out/ all the time
synthetics are loud and rustle, and aren't good for hunting
synthetics burn when near a fire
synthetics can't be repaired and stitched up as well as wool or cotton can
etc etc
go /out/ you fag

ah yes, the hardcore outdoorspeople swear off thinks like waterproof materials and like to make their own shoes

Okay, bud, let's see some /out/ pics then.

>giving me basic rules
Yea.....no. If you're wearing wool as an outer layer in the middle of a rain/sleet storm when you're above 12,000ft, then you're just stupid. Technical layers are a necessity if you ever actually go /out/. Now if you're just car camping or out at the hunting camp, then sure, wool and other natural materials are great.

>synthetics for people with less outdoor skills
lel, okay kiddo. Can't wait for your bushcraft you tuber meme to die out.

This, desu.

If you knew what you're talking about then you'd say synthetics melt (not "burn") when near flames. That's like the first thing you learn when you're 8 with the old man, user.

I think you watch too many YouTube videos, user.

This guy gets it.

Wool is naturally waterproof with lanolin, and oilcloth is waterproof. Moccasins and leather shoes are the ultimate footwear for hunting.

>Yea.....no. If you're wearing wool as an outer layer in the middle of a rain/sleet storm when you're above 12,000ft, then you're just stupid. Technical layers are a necessity if you ever actually go /out/. Now if you're just car camping or out at the hunting camp, then sure, wool and other natural materials are great.

Tell that to the people who went outdoors more than 50 years ago. You're an idiot, synthetics are never necessary. You'd know that if you went outdoors.

>If you knew what you're talking about then you'd say synthetics melt (not "burn") when near flames. That's like the first thing you learn when you're 8 with the old man, user.

I think you watch too many YouTube videos, user.

Yeah, you realise that synthetics do "melt" near flames, because they're shit for being outdoors. You watch too many youtube videos.
You're definitely a 20-30 year old who has only gone on hikes on well trodden paths and trails, and spends hundreds on outdoor gear that you only use a few times in a year.
Try to not make a sound in the forest while you're wearing "boots vital to going outdoors". You can only be silent if you go barefoot or wear shoes with a soft sole, not your £500 hiking boots.

Try to repair a large rip in your synthetic jacket with some needle and thread. You won't be able to, because first of all you're a weekend warrior and second of all yo u can't repair synthetics like you can with a wool coat.

Try to Stalk an animal with that £600 arcteryx coat you're wearing. Nope, it makes too much sound and the animals can smell it from a mile off.

Ask any old timer or person who has years (I mean 20+) and they will tell you natural materials, like wool, fur and cotton (inb4 cotton kills, it's fine in hot weather) are better than synthetics.

>gear doesn't improve over time

Jesus kid, you're just butt hurt because you won't look as cool in newer gear. If you're all about the interp wear then fine, I get it. But to claim that it's better for "serious outdoorsmen" is insane. You still haven't even posted a single /out/ pic that you took.

>weekend warrior
Lel, okay bud. Pic related.

>muh new technology

I don't get butthurt trying to look good outdoors. anyway, synthetics look like shit to me. And yes, serious outdoorsmen generally wear natural clothing more. Longterm survivalists who actually life off the land generally wear natural clothing.
Also, I generally don't take pictures when i'm /out/ because I like getting away from technology, and I don't take any electronics.
here's a picture anyway
>philmont ranch

AKA "going on well trodden trails and not hunting or doing anything that helps you in a self sufficiency situation".

You seem to associate your version of what you think is "really epic cool!!! XD" as the definition of "serious outdoorsmen." I'm not here to discuss the neckbeardy bushcraft/zombieslayer/preppers/survivalist nonsense, user. I'm talking about normal, well adjusted adults who enjoy spending time outdoors. I get that you seem to like your shit, and I get that, but that certainly doesn't make you a more "serious outdoorsmen" than me.

For starters, you're literally determining it based on clothing instead of skills or experience. Not quite sure if you should be on Veeky Forums or /out/ for that matter.

>I'm not here to discuss the neckbeardy bushcraft/zombieslayer/preppers/survivalist nonsense

nor am I. I'm talking about primtive skills experts and people who have lots of experience hunting and living off the land.
>For starters, you're literally determining it based on clothing instead of skills or experience. Not quite sure if you should be on Veeky Forums or /out/ for that matter.

it's true. Look at your typical primitive skills expert vs a normal hiker. A primitive skills expert will almost always wear natural clothing, and your typical hiker will wear synthetics. Look at an old timer hunter, they'll likely wear woolen shirts and jackets and swear on it. It's obvious an ultralighter or hiker is going to wear synthetics, because they don't need clothes that will survive going through a thornbush and will not need to repair them in the field. Usually, more experienced outdoorsmen will wear natural clothing, because of the many reasons i've said. it's not difficult to understand.

pants?

it is fabric u drape on ur body it does not matter, nothing matters friend.

i lust to care this much about anything.

nick young is a very chill dude. i wanna be like him

natural fabrics get wet and stay that way for a long time. if you're outdoors in any kind of remotely cold environment, you're going to get hypothermia a lot easier running around in jeans.

fuck YES!
Ive been waiting for this aesthetic to come back. it is SO MUCH better than the faggy monochrome with chldrens sneakers look that this board has been peddling the last few years
im fucking hyped bro

anyone have the pic in the bottom right? with the white hair it looks like

wow this would look so cool at uni or the starbucks you work dude! youll show all those fuccbois whats what

Used to be posted here then and again.

japanesestreets.com/photoblog/1465/trove-aw-2011

there's a reason tall stuff only started getting climbed in the 50's, and it's not because people started wearing more wool

old people like old gear because they've used it for so long and grown accustomed to it, not because it's better. I don't know where you're finding your "serious outdoorsmen," but they're idiots

ITT: MFA runoff

ID on backpack??

lol you are delusional. bring that natural shit to everest and die in a few hours retard

>Sc/out/
that's the worst one of those I've ever heard

im lollin at the fat poo-colored ninja on the right
trying to be assassins creed while hiking lmao

>Who here is outdoorsmancore?
lol not bitch ass goosie with that 40 dollar Jansport Heritage bag

>Buff
>trying to be assassins creed
Wut

He looks more like a fat version of the guy on Watch Dogs.

>buff
>fat

While I don't disagree, I'd wager that I've hiked more miles in denim than most people in this thread have walked in their entire life. The worst for sure was having only the one layer and going through snow. But barring that it isn't terrible.

I don't really get this thread. You can go outside wearing anything you want. You should call this "I watch to much TV" or "I have an overactive imagination" core.
Not last month i went 10 miles in a pair of converse, joggers, and a Paisley button up, went swimming in a lake, ate a sandwich on top of a cliff, and got drunk in the woods.

kek

>buff
are you kidding me? he has fucking knock knees from his fatness, his gut is straining against that turd colored jacket, his hands are basically oven mitts of lard
dont tell me that fat cunt is you? hahhaha

Is that not outdoors?