Is depression Veeky Forums?

Is depression Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRS9Bz0IH54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No it's fucking pathetic.
If life is too hard for you it's just laughable.

>No it's fucking pathetic.
If life is too hard for you it's just laughable.

Depression is a meme and shows how weak of a person you are. Either man up or let natural selection do it's work.

yes it's effay

kek

is cancer Veeky Forums?

Manic depression is. Name any of the greatest creators to ever exist and I guarantee you they show signs of manic depression.

How about now?

Van Goth

mfa
Veeky Forums

I resent any mental illness being used as a fashion accessory. I was a depressed, anxiety ridden shut-in for most of my teens, and I can safely say that it is not fun, or something that should be romanticized or glorified.

if you're 13

Me on the chair

fucking saved

I've been mentally ill since I was 3 y/o but I can still acknowledge that some of the greatest creative minds had some form of mental illness or were partially insane. It's not "romanticizing"; it's just an observation.

kek

but it's effay tho

pls

i've had anxiety for just over a year now and its awful. basically i smoked too much weed, had a panic attack and developed depersonalization. i had no idea how to deal with this level of anxiety adn so it grew and grew and grew, i can say that i'm alot better now than i was adn am hoping to get back to my bass level of anxiety in the next few years. being mentally unwell is not fun, effay or in any way something to strive for, it is scary and lonely and very sad. i have worries i may never be the same, bu this may just be the anxiety. seriously don't glorify this shit. (sorry for the blog post)

No, it is really annoying. Having it or having people with it around you.

nice

Yeah same. I can't even cope chemically cause drugs and booze give me panic attacks.

i can kinda relate, in the year since it's happened its been kinda like a panic disorder type thing for me, like i think if i'm drunk i'll become anxious and it's like a self fulfilling prophecy and i do become anxious. it sucks but it's a perfectly natural reaction that will heal in time, you just have to say fuck it and become anxious and then let the anxiety fade

That's a little helpful, thank you.

sad

>smoked half a pack a day for months
>skin had a pallid, ashy hue
>looked dehydrated and starved (was eating 4000 calories a week and could have gone less)
>prominent cheek bones
>eye bags and eye lines a la uchiha itachi
>dead vacant eyes
maybe physically but definately not mentally, gif related is how i feel every time i wake up

>tfw you dont want to take medication because it makes you feel like a zombie

>tfw bupropion left you feeling emotionless but completely calm and collected but then an emotional wreck
i only took it for 3 days, the last being last sunday but i've been in a fucking slump ever since, i got switched to ritalin and its ok but it only lasts me 2 hours and this shit is supposed to be extended release

this. a gray, empty zombie

Actual LOL

Is being bipolar Veeky Forums?

>tfw hypomania has kicked in, every moment feels like a movie scene and you shed tears of happiness after being suicidal for 6 months
>tfw you now feel like on natural meth all the time, sleep only 3 hours a day instead of 16 and talk to more people in a month than you did in the first 20 years of your life

most people who say they're depressed doesnt have depression and these fuckers illegitimize actual depression because people think depression is just feeling sad or "down"

>tfw part of the officially diagnosed with depression club
i want out

Yeah but it's gotten to the point where people believe mental illness = creative genius which is obviously not the case

Looking at you, tumblr

aww poor doggo

thank you, the thread needed this

basically in my experience mental illness has made me worse of a person, because I can't look after myself, I can't provide for myself (not effay) most of the time im unwashed and undressed (not effay) I feel like im not myself or a lesser version of myself so my self confidence is completely gone (not effay) I can't concentrate or focus on anything and I care immensely about the state im in (not effay)

so basically mental illness is not effay, just some people can function with it more than others

I'd say in some ways its made me more creative because its a really fucked up experience and anything thats a unique or interesting experience can be inspiration for creativity

but in some ways im so numbed and unable to process anything except the pain im feeling so im not being creative at all, or I do feel creative and want to express myself but don't know how to, am crippled by self doubt or too unmotivated to physically make anything creative

so overall mental illness is not Veeky Forums

If you want a good example read up on Syd Barrett from Pink Floyd

This. If ya'll actually had some form of metal illness you would NEVER romanticize it. Its absolutely fucked to suffer from.

I mean mental illness can get to a point where its a disability, which in my case it got to, I literally couldn't do anything to look after myself I had to go and live at home

not effay

also being stuck to the toilet for half an hour because I cant shit properly because Im so anxiety riddled and having erectile dysfunction from the age of 19 to now 21 (3 years almost) because I can't feel any sexual excitement and my body is so numbed I can barely feel my dick and I can't have a regular healthy sexual relationship

not effay

mental illness is exactly in the fucking name an ILLNESS

If you asked if having the flu or getting your arm amputated from gangrene was effay you would sound like a fucking moron, mental illness is a physical, debilitating disease of the mind that can take years if ever to recover from completely

no its hell

Does anyone here with depression/anxiety try to hide it? I feel embarrassed about having it, so I've been faking every interaction to the point of forgetting how to be genuine and not suppressing my feelings.

Depressed sexy introvert who wears all black is Veeky Forums

fat NEET who eats tastykakes to ease the pain is not Veeky Forums

no its sad and i wish i had a friend
also,,

>thread music
youtube.com/watch?v=TRS9Bz0IH54

>2016
>Having mentally issues

ISHYGDDT

>i only took it for 3 days
You aren't using your tools right user. Consult your doctor

fuck off, these threads aren't fashion related, go blog on

>3 whole days of laying in bed crying,incredible headaches,lightheadedness,dizzyness and wanting to kill myself in the middle of a summer semester
nah

Consult your doctor. Starting a medication can be difficult.

i've been there brother
i'm feeling better now, but there's always a worry that the way i used to feel is going to creep up on me and put me on my ass again out of nowhere

so long as you arent a faggot about it

Of course.

>letting others know how you actually feel

I have only told 2 people about it (minus parents/shrink) and pretty much everyone else thinks I'm happy and carefree. I just try to fake it till I make it

Shit user. Im experiencing the same thing. It started with increase social anxiety from smoking weed, but my misuse of MDMA was the trigger. Going str8 edge now and hoping the damage won't be irreversible and that it's just a matter of low serotine or healing receptors. Your story frightens me.. best of luck too you dealing with this. I never believed in 'mental diseases' and didnt understand how people could develop such sudden feelings. But now I realize it. The feelings are so fucking random, the reasons of a panic attack so untraceable.. it sucks.

course fampai

No but Veeky Forums is cancer

my dad has depression and it is not cool at all. he's annoying, I miss my old normal dad. it infuriates me when people romanticize depression

if you tell others you have depression you probably don't have it

now I am fine but when I was 19 I was very very deoressed. I used to meet with a lot of guys for casual sex. once I met with this eighteen years old guy, he had a beautiful skinny body, model tier, and a 10/10 face. girls probably went crazy for him, yet he wanted to meet with me two times. this thought was so strong that I couldn't get hard. also I had problems at school, no friends, I was a shut in. he was hard all the time while I couldn't even get my dick semi hard. that was the lowest point, when my dick was completely dead. now it's much better, but still sometimes it takes a lot to get hard or I can't cum. fuck depression

>tfw you spent months a nervouse anxious wreck who had a constant paranoid internal monologue
>tfw now youre so depressed you dont even have the motivation to beat yourself up anymore
>tfw you havent felt 'fun' in so long you don't even know what it feels like anymore
>tfw you push everyone in your life away and are left totally alone
>tfw you cry more nights than you dont

I've never told anyone I've had it, but it's getting harder and harder to feign interest in what anyone says to me anymore. I'm completely without a personality. I don't even remember what I was like before this.

I have clinical depression and no its no Veeky Forums wtf its a terrible thing to have and I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

But if you think always absent minded/ lost in a daydream is Veeky Forums then yes its Veeky Forums

what i was saying with my post is that it got bad with me because i'd never had anxiety before and didn't know how to deal with it, so it got worse and worse adn worse. sounds as if you're already familiar with how anxiety works. best of luck to you, you'll be fine (REMEMBER THAT)