What is the most effay laptop?

What is the most effay laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=F4W33EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB
youtu.be/mxoD22_LIQY?t=26s
notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-2016-9550-InfinityEdge-Notebook-Review.156354.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5nCEFn6N_vI
anandtech.com/show/9798/best-laptops
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most will say the Macbook Pro, because it's minimal in design, the color scheme isn't flashy and it's popular with artsy/effay types.

Personally, I think Lenovo's are underrated. They have the same utilitarian design they inherited from IBM, matte carbon finishes are sleek, and they're a PC. I might be biased because I see them everyday, but X-series Carbons are the way to go.

Vaio

I love my MSI

It was a gift years ago, and it's lasted well, so I really can't complain. Don't everything I need it to without fail

Is this Richard D. James?

That one but needs like four open terminals and coding in vim for superior aesthetics.

What model is it?

>tfw no butterfly keyboard chinkpad

I actually knocked by head back in disbelief when I saw this shit thread.

Yep

>new thinkpads

T420, X220 Thinkpads
The Chromebook pixel is pretty damn sexy if you tend to use the cloud than store things in a harddrive
Then again, you can always be a basic bitch and get a Macbook.

It's the gx70

Recent thinkpad model with OSX installed

Jesus Christ, get the fuck out, /g/. Nobody thinks your Thinkpads have any real aesthetic. They already have so many other virtues, don't oversell them.

> no real aesthetic

okay, this laptop probably won't fit well in your fit but it's sexy

I'm thinking of getting an ASUS pretty soon. Any recommendations?

get a macbook instead

I'm loyal to pc, sorry

dell xps line looks okay I think.

this.

Surface. Book.

which model is that?

Yoga is ugly.

A utilitarian design can still be very aesthetic just by virtue of being so functional and not trying to impress anyone. You are into men's fashion, right?

Can /g/ go away please, I'm using a X220 as well but that's because i'm poor.

T4x0s and X1 Carbon seem the most aesthetic and best to use thinkpads. The Dell XPS screens look sexy af IRL too.

These anons are right:

Lenovo make very sleek minimal notebooks. Sony Vaio were the only ones I consider luxury goods but they stopped making them.

Dell XPS 13/15 or any MacBook

thread. Every human being with a macbook looks effay

just copped this, most effay non-macbook for sure

>four open terminals
Disgusting, use tabs.

If you use tabs you can't see them at the same time you idiot.

God, map the arrow keys to switch between them because you shouldn't be using arrow keys anyways so it is fast and do a vsplit so you can see the actually important parts at the same time. Don't waste all that damn screen real estate: you don't need 4 files open on screen at the same time, and on separate terminals, at that, two is more than enough, and allows you to see enough of what is around your code to be oriented in the logic. Plus with tabs you can have 20 files open without getting lost. 4 terminals is shit to deal with in terms of organization. Two at most, one for compiling and all the command line shit, and one for the code editing, but both full screen.

It's fine though whatever your workflow, you autist. I'll see you in the office damn it.

That last post was terrible with grammar but I gtg to work so it's fine.

Just try tabs and a vsplit, damn it, it's good, I promise. Just remember to remap the arrow keys

Aspire S7

Had mine for almost a year now, I love it, such a great machine.

X1 yoga, its basically a yoga version(the screen can bend completely back and can be used as a tablet) of the x1 carbon. They also have an oled model coming soon, for deeper blacks levels.

I recently purchased one of these in the winter sale.
I think you'll find the CPU adequate for all productivity applications, as well as light design work.
Should you need entertainment, It'll happily play EU4, HOI4 as well as mount and blade on low settings, at playable framerates.
The inbuilt speakers are reasonable, but nothing to write home about (Not everything the marketing puts them up to be)
8GB Of RAM, As I'm sure you are aware is more than adequate for everything you need to do, though only one DIMM is used, so you could expand with a self added SODIMM (DDR3)
The two things that let this laptop down are the build qua

Of course, with anything you purchase you'll want to instantly wipe and reinstall Windows (Of your choice; Or Linux might be nice:- I think you'll find some of the new UI features in Ubuntu 16.04 to be quite 'effay') lest you be left blighted by preinstalled software / OS modifications.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review aborted; Told him on teamspeak

I can't believe you've done this.

I'm going to stress eat icecream now; you are oppressing me.

/thread, not an apple fanboy but macbooks are effay af

how is copying every other hipster effay

care to elaborate familia.?

Any perceived gains in aesthetic with the mac book are vastly outweighed by the restrictive repair, customisation, and of course, software functionality.
Additionally, the hardware performance of the latest mac books has been greatly sacrificed for aesthetics (Thermal throttling ho!)

Certainly, If you are looking for 100's of variations image editing software with some edgy twist, I'm sure it would be right up your ally. Otherwise, PC's offer far more functionality and far more value for money.

store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=F4W33EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

I don't know if you're from a small town but nowadays the Macbook is like a pair of glasses or a phone. It's not a statement, it's not effay, it's just what people who are seen in public with their laptops have, all of them, fashionable or not. In fact anything but a macbook is more fashionable because of that very reason, you are going to stick out.

So if something is popular, it's not fashionable?
Nice logic

How copying every other /g/ neckbeard freetard effay?

>ASUS
zenbook UX305

I own the white one and it is honestly the best looking laptop I've ever seen. Not so sure about the memey metallic shells, but try to get your hands on a white one.

youtu.be/mxoD22_LIQY?t=26s

i have a macbook pro but aesthetically speaking my favourite are boxy old thinkpads
dunno enough about them to have a specific favourite model but pic related basically embodies everything i like about their design

Surface Book my friend

Bought one of these refurbished. I'm happy with it, but when I first got it the color was HORRRRIIIIBBBLE.

For anyone with one of these you need a new color .crm

notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-2016-9550-InfinityEdge-Notebook-Review.156354.0.html

ctrl+f: ICC
>download and install the file.

Also, stop by and give this guy an upvote/view/comment if you do upgrade. youtube.com/watch?v=5nCEFn6N_vI

macs are indeed popular with artsy/effay types

asus zenbook, dell x13

Yeah, Thinkpads are dope. If i wasn't apple fanboy, i would def buy one.

What's the best laptop I can get for under $1,300?
my top criteria are:
battery life,screensize(15in),screen clarity(pixels and shit), and last but not least processing speed(looking for a minimum of i5)

if I can spend less money, it's better

Read through anything here:
anandtech.com/show/9798/best-laptops
Anandtech is one of the greats. The HP Spectre x360 15 is probably worth checking out if they like it.

thanks bateman

dell 13 chromebook

Macbook. not the Air, and not the Pro. but the Macbook

2nd place: probably the Chromebook Pixel

I work there and I have seen the OLED and it is incredible.

best (and only OLED) laptop screen on the market.

I wish I had use for one of these.

>we want to be macbooks but we cant

More so they are a status symbol, very few rich/upper class people use non apple products

Are you literally 11 years old?

>thinkpad
>effay

you fucking dumb autist faggot fuck off back to /g/

>is in the Museum of Modern Art
>not effay

>11487992
good now when someone asks why you chose to be a cuck and get a thinkpad instead of macbook pro, you can say that there is a thinkpad at moma and they will instantly respect your choice x10000 more

I'm looking to buy a laptop right now and I've done a bit of research, so I guess I will post a bit of what I'm thinking here.

MacBook Pros have by far the best build quality, comfort in terms of key board and trackpad. They really are great machines, and you can be perfectly happy with one. It's not the most effay, as literally everyone has one, but they are probably the most functional. With any other computer you will be sacrificing.

Except maybe the Razer Blade. It's build for gaming, but comes with the footprint and functionality of a MacBook pro. It has the power, better color accuracy than the macbook, etc. Etc. It really is a step up, except for one thing: the trackpad absolutely sucks ass. Those tiny slivers for left and right clicking just don't match up to a force trackpad on the Mac. It's just a small deal, and the fancy color keyboard kind of makes up for it. Little bit of a trade off, but worth it for many.

The thinkpads are definitely the most asthetically pleasing of the group, with their simple black finish, but fuck, why the fuck do their screens have to be so shit. God, yeah, it has no glare, but at the same time, fuck, it looks disgusting compared to the others. Again, trackpad is pretty me and the keyboard is not the best.

I could review others but from what I've seen in terms of power and usability, the macbook and the Razer Blade are the most competitive choices.

The most effay? Thinkpad, if it were more modernized.

These are my personal opinions. Which one will I buy? I don't know. I'm still going to look into the thinkpads a bit more and see if there is something that I'm missing, because I haven't looked into them enough to be sure. I will in the end probably settle for the Razer and its less than stellar trackpad. I'll know it will have the power to do whatever I need for the next several years.

a chromebook pixel looks way more effay than a macbook.

>God, yeah, it has no glare, but at the same time, fuck, it looks disgusting compared to the others.
Trust me, you'll get over that in two seconds. It's all fine and good to want a ~fancy~ laptop, but at the end of the day, you'll want something practical.

A LOT of my friends with glossy screens deeply regret it once, for example, they try to work outside on their porch or something.

that beautiful design, but no real operating system. doesn't work unless you're literally 24/7 connected to wifi. sigh.

looks toptier but botnet >:(

but literally everyone that isn't retarded install some Linux distro on it.
the problem with Linux is that you have to spend some time and learn if you want to make your desktop environment/window manager look more Veeky Forums than OS X
when you get past that point it becomes a lot better when you can tailor things to your will.
I didn't really want to spend that time, so I have a very unassuming grey and white i3 setup that looks clean enough for me without too much messing with configs. Still looks impressive for people who have never seen an desktop env that isn't Windows, OSX or GNOME.

currently running arch linux
the pixel specs are shit. It runs on slow 32GB flash storage with can be expanded with a regular sd card. Then you can configure it with either an i5 or i7. It's meant to be for Linux/ChromeOS developers, not really for consumers.

Look up Richard Sapper you underaged pleb piece of shit

Real close to copping one of these.

Ubuntu is pretty much made for people who don't want to spend that time. There is also a couple of distros specifically tailored to an OSX look and feel.

SOMEONE POST THAT NEW HP
THE SPECTRE OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED

>Treating your laptop the same ways ladies and fags treat their handbags and purses.
Do any girls pay attention to you over the age of 14?

any Veeky Forums laptops under 500$?

running a desktop+laptop setup for mech./cs engineering school and don't want to lug a brick around.

>using any notebook
>not just streaming your desktop

it's like you want to look like a cuck

Streaming to what, right into your brain?

T520 here

sounds like you need a tablet + keyboard

I just can't reconcile macs with being effay
they'd look fantastic if they didn't have that massive fucking logo, and every basic-ass motherfucker has one

>go on to Veeky Forums
>a /g/ discussion

Talking about Linux distros is not fa

Thinkpad X220 / X230 with IPS screen

There's also a good argument to be made that their design has gone down the tubes recently.

Some highlights as discussed on various tech blogs (I wanna say Ars Technica has talked about most of these):
- The iPhone 6 bending issue
- The iPhone 6 camera literally sticking out
- The new mouse's charge port being located on the bottom for no really good reason other than to hide it
- The Apple Pen sticking out like a goddamn dick when charging
- The weird inconsistent missing features between iOS for iPod and iPad (Ars did a great write-up on this yesterday)
- Lots of weird issues with the WatchOS UI

The thoughtfulness appears to be gone.