What's the most you've ever spent on a single item of clothing Veeky Forums?

what's the most you've ever spent on a single item of clothing Veeky Forums?

i recently got a tax rebate of about £1000 and i'm tempted to drop about £700 on one particular piece on grailed (not pic related). i earn about 150 a week. before this i've spent £350 on a couple things and about £250 on a few more. but im worried about seriously regretting it

im pretty happy with the wardrobe ive built up over the last 3 years and now im just buying statement pieces. is this a bad idea?

while i do actively look for new clothing i only buy pieces that are love on first sight. as in, i see it, i cant look away. that way i never regret buying clothes.

1500 on an acronym jacket. If you only make that much per week I wouldn't do it unless its all disposable income. If you dont have to worry about bills and food yet then go for it I guess

i suggest not to do it unless it has resell value, you might end up regretting it or some stupid shit can happen when you lose your job or something, so i would not recommend to drop 700 pounds on one piece.

fortunately it has resale value, im very secure in this job and i'll be getting a proper one soon almost guaranteed, and im paying barely any bills right now

then go for it i guess

what the fuck job do you have where you make 150 a week

i have an almost minimum wage job here in the states and make $400 a week

minimum wage(6.80), retail, 20-30hrs/week. so it's 140-200

$535 on brand new SLP boots

You just want us to validate your purchase, don't you.

i want either horror stories or success stories to base this around. if i wanted validation id post what the actual item is

I wish I was that comfortable ::(

It's okay m8, I want to blow $2000 on a coat as well. We can do it.

tfw you live in seattle and minimum wage is $15/hr :)))

Dude I wish I work a min wage job in Seattle and get paid 10.50
I think it's like a decade until the wage goes up to 15

300$ for a long Stutterheim raincoat. I haven't been born with a silver spoon in my mouth so I can't afford clothes more expensive than this. But I consider it a good investment because no rain can touch me anymore and it will definitely serve me for many years.

It also looks fly as fuck.

>tfw it is 50€ on sneakers and 25€ on jeans

biggest waste of money ever

it might make you happy for 5 minutes but then you will want another top you like, just save up and go travelling. 99.9% couldn't tell the difference between a £700 jacket and a £30 one desu

>99.9% couldn't tell the difference between a £700 jacket and a £30 one desu
>buying clothes for others

what brand makes better looking simple raincoats than this? priced under a grand

you buy clothes to look good

why do you want to look good?

>better looking

Probably none. From what I've seen the material on cheaper ones looks less durable and well, cheap. None of them quite has this brutalistically clean matte look Stutterheim possesses. But I can think of Rains and the ones Weekday produces.

Forgot to add, have yet to see any raincoats that are more expensive than Stutterheim.

don't listen to this faggot. rains-brand coats are like a quarter of the price and equally good. it's a fucking pvc coat, the materials don't make a different.

if its what will truly make you happy user

"Almost" minimum wage job, what do you do for work to be making $400?

some undercover for resale