Techwear General

New one since the old one died.

Anyone looking at any purchases for the coming Autumn season? Some of the Tilak Poutnik pieces are really catching my eye.

Other urls found in this thread:

beliefmoscow.com/en/webstore/product/1844-3a-3ts?brand=12,
dsptch.com/collections/packs/products/shoulder-pad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can anyone with an Acronym 3A chime in on their experience with the product? I'm interested in getting one the coming season but have no clue how they are in real life.

What do you wanna know specifically? I owned 5TS, but sold it because it was too big for everyday use and was pretty much useless when i need to carry lots of heavy items. 3A-3TS is nice when you need to carry around few items, but again, no so comfortable as backpack. Straps look cool, but thats about it.

Some of that poutnik gear looks good, you can see the Errolson influence

Just any product really, but I am more interested in the main 3As like the 3A-1 and the 3TS. Do you use any MOLLE/TECSYS attachments?

Thinking about adding this to my techwear collection. Is there any way to wear it without looking like a mass shooter?

DON'T wear a neck gaiter up.

Can you guys explain me the connection between 80s cyberpunk anime, and expensive anoraks?

Because I very often see you bring up both, as if wearing expensive anoraks was a valid way of paying homage to the biker gangs of the dystopian future.

Also, is there more to techwear than expensive anoraks?

No, it looks dreadful.

I've had a 3ts and 5ts. Currently rocking 3ts clean with no modulars. Its a good size, bigger than I expected. The 5ts is really spacious and I didn't fully use its space to full potential. I'd recommend 3ts because its a perfect size for a light bag. Anything more and a backpack makes more sense.

Don't buy 3A-3TS now because you won't find any matching modulars, mil spec ones doesn't look good either. 3A-1 is nice, however, i hate current laminate versions and there almost no chance to find x-pac one.

you are a monumental dumbshit and should go back to somethingawful or reddit or whatever nerd fuckhole you come from

Also, if you're still interested in 3A-3TS, you can buy it here right now: beliefmoscow.com/en/webstore/product/1844-3a-3ts?brand=12, this store also caries 3A-MK1 from same collection. Guys are fine, will lower item price on a parcel without any problems.

Anyone got any rec's on waist bags?

why isn't there more good looking actual tech footwear?

Thanks for the link! Currently debating if I want to pay that much for modulars. They look really nice, but not sure if they're $300 nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm crossing my fingers for the coming season, I'd have to see the Laminate 3A-1s in person to form an opinion on them.

i need help on the mid layer. any suggestions on affordable hoodies?
I always see fits with a jacket on.

What kind of price range are you looking at? Are you looking for any special materials/construction?

If you're looking for affordable hoodies with a normal construction, wait for AW to roll around. Uniqlo releases hoodies with a denser weave that's much thicker than their summer variant.

around 100-150€
i'm looking for something in the aesthetics of guerrilla group, acronym, y3, 11, etc.

You would have to pay more for 'styled' hoodies. The design is part of the price hike, it's inevitable.

gotta build that wardrobe slowly and costly, lol

Probably due to the fact that the resurgence of the 80s cyberpunk style and it's association with designers like Errolson Hugh, or the techwear movement as a whole. The aesthetic of both kind of go hand in hand.

It's not really about 'expensive anoraks', in fact, 'anorak' would be a poor way to describe what most of the offerings in techwear are. It's functionality brought in tandem with style, that style often being futurism. Just look at the Acronym promotional videos(e.g. "The Cut"), they really market themselves as striving for that kind of aesthetic.

Yeah, thats the problem of 3TS right now. Modulars were way cheaper, 3A-MP1 was like 85EUR. I fucking hate this acronym hype, everything became like twice more expensive and harder to find. You could buy pretty much new J28-GT for 1000 bucks, nowadays guys are asking 1500 heavily used one. Shit getting out of hand.

I've got a 3ts and use it daily. It fits almost everything I need and I have a ton of modulars (mostly non-acrnm) for when I'm carrying with a specific purpose.
Example - Back when my 3 year old son was first born, I used a molle water bottle carrier to hold baby bottles in addition to a molle baby wipes dispenser to transform the 3ts into a very useful diaper bag.
Also, a decent shoulder pad can be useful with the 3ts since the strap isn't exactly designed with comfort in mind. The large one from DSPTCH works perfectly with it.
dsptch.com/collections/packs/products/shoulder-pad

shoes are really hard to made and design

People on Grailed are retarded with pricing. Normal prices are considered lowballing these days.

People expect a lot of cash for things that aren't really worth their asking price.

That fit is actually godly. I wish the game gave you better clothing options for your character though. Maybe they'll add microtransactions for clothes in the future.

Some things are overpriced, yeah, but lowballs happen - when shipping is $20 (a winter jacket), I'm not selling my GoreTex shell to anyone for $35 total

how would u take that off your face

I was delighted when I saw this in the trailer, they are cool for presenting such a style to normies, even though in Japan it may be more prevalent.

This shit is pony shirt and leather trench coat tier terrible.

how the fuck can you guys afford Acronym? It's so bloody expensive

Cop it second hand. Also there aren't many people on this board who have acronym gear, we just like to look at it and get inspired.

just found out of CP company goggle hoodies. look pretty awesome

god what a dilf

Thoughts on Palladium boots? I'm looking for a pair of boots with a slightly technical feel, like they'd be worn by urban mercenaries.

For those of you interested, all saints has merino jumpers and hoodies on sale at the moment

I personally think they look horrible.

They can be done in techwear fits. I've been wearing the baggy leather gusset almost daily for about 8 months now. They've held up well and are comfy enough to walk good distances in, but they don't have any shank like a proper hiking or combat boot and the ankle support could be a little bit better, so ultimately they end up feeling like glorified sneakers. However, they are worth the price as an everyday beat shoe.

nice pants. g-star?

W2c pants

any techwear futuristic hoodies suggestions?

This maybe?

anyone has experience with maharishi pants?

yeezy season 1 half zip hoodies or any nice half zip in general

maharishi. skinny cargoes I'm pretty sure

>The aesthetic of both kind of go hand in hand.

No they don't.
That's precisely why I asked that question: because the stuff you're posting is light-years away from what you can see in 80s sci-fi.

I haven't seen anyone in a movie/anime/comic/manga wear anything similar to those floppy oversized jackets and small running shoes until the early 2000s. Most of the time they just wear a variation on biker/punk gear, regular 80s fashion, or a rip-off of the Colonial Marines' uniform from Aliens.

Always with an emphasis on high, narrow waists and strong wide shoulders, the opposite of what I see in these threads.

Although I gotta admit those fingerless gloves wouldn't look out of place in a cyberpunk movie made before 1998, and if you happen to know examples of pieces that would match my description I'd be interested in seeing them.

I bought a pair of acronym pants off grailed a few weeks ago. The only reason I had money for it was because I had just been saving for a rainy day and my gf broke up wit me. Somebody asked about the fit on a previous tech thread and just wanted to say they fit nice as hell. Super sturdy fabric with also good mobility.

These were the pants

hell yeah. I've got those in RAF. They're fuckin weird, but I love em.
Pros - Tough as fuck weather resistant ventile cotton, Heavy duty nylon reinforced cuffs, knee pleats completely eliminate the knee bags you get with P10's, mesh webbing at the corner of the knee pleats for ventilation, pockets within pockets within pockets that have phone pockets hidden underneath (maybe they went a little overboard)
Cons - Insane amount of bunching up around the lap area when sitting down due to having 5 layers of fabric there, phone pocket hard to navigate due to being located under pocket flap

Sure thing loser

that's just a trenchcoat, leg bandages and shitty worn-out sneakers, not a oversized smart-jacket with tacticool pants and future running shoes. it looks like something a random asshole could be wearing in the XXth century.

It's the opposite of techwear.

that's not just a trench coat shit'll make you go invisible

It's more of a Parka, you can see it has a hood. Stil... cyberpunk =/= techwear

That's irrelevant, it looks like a dumb old trenchcoat, and the guy dresses like a hobo.

And while it's true that putting fingerless gloves and sunglasses on a hobo makes him look almost cyberpunk, it sure as hell doesn't make him look like a techwear kid.

So, once again, your attempt to assimilate techwear and 80s scifi fits (always by referencing Akira and Blade Runner, strangely enough) falls flat on its face and I don't understand why you insist on making that parallel.

you aren't seeing the subtletys chill

Point them out, then.

Jesus this is the most autistic post I've ever read on Veeky Forums. Fuck off to whatever pleb normie site you come from dude.

>he's autistic
>therefore he's from a pleb normie website
lel
>this is the most autistic post I've ever read on Veeky Forums
How fucking new are you?

If it's bait it's decent, so here's your (You) just in case you were merely pretending to be retarded.

pleb normies tend to come from reddit or even worse somethingawful just fyi
you can tell by their belief that good spelling and grammar makes them intelligent and not being to understand why people would pay more than 5 dollar for a t shirt or 50 dollars for sneakers
they are wastes of bandwidth and need to just give up and fuck off

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say: the resurgence of 80s cyberpunk and the proliferation of techwear as an aesthetic happened simultaneously and side by side, resulting in this association.

Sure, your favourite anime/manga/whatever may not have sported characters wearing the latest techwear apparel, but mind you, they were produced in the 80s. Style has definitely evolved since then, but it's been a combination of nostalgia and the popularity of this new style that has led to their association with one another in modern times. It's 2016, after all.

So you're still hung up on that "expensive anorak" thing.

I'm pretty sure that if someone around here is a pleb from reddit, it's the fag who always references the same two or three entry-level cyberpunk movies and can't tell how massively different they look from his favorite techwear brands.

And Veeky Forums has always been full of grammar nazis who try to filter out underage facebook retards.

are you that little bald guy from hawaii who posts on supertechwear and gets all butthurt any time someone wears cyberpunk or tech ninja aesthetics of techwear? you write just like him.

Obviously yeah.
But you gotta admit that saying "both aesthetics kind of go hand-in-hand" doesn't make you sound like you realize that this association is abusive as fuck, especially since techwear isn't based on nostalgia at all.

I don't go on forums m8. Also I have long hair.

>you guys
>dumb
>sure as hell
>once again
>parallel
Yep, definitely from reddit. You're a retard dude. Sorry you can't understand something the 17 year olds on Veeky Forums put together within a few days of posting here. I'd tell you to lurk more, but I doubt it would help.

The culture itself, no. But people have brought together the two, and it kind of works(case in point), at least in my opinion.

'Abusive' how? Frankly I think it's anything but, it produces more content for both of these seemingly separate interests.

daddy

>trying this fucking hard to fit in
there's plenty of boards that are more articulate than /tv/ and Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is one of the most normalfag boards btw, it's filled with instagram whores with a tumblr account, so you better pick up on that if you don't wanna stick out.

>this association is abusive as fuck
Um no. There are a lot more "techwear" products geared towards outdoors and military aesthetics than the kind of futuristic dystopian looks put out by Acronym, Guerrilla Group and a few others.

are you talking about yourself? you are as normalfag as they come

>it produces more content
Like what?
Your pic is the first time I've seen a techwear kid actually incorporate punk shit into her style and it looks pretty weak.

Much like the vast majority of recent cyberpunk fiction, that's rarely as edgy and critical as older stuff.

All that shit looks millenial as fuck, the argument is about 80s/90s cyberpunk being used to promote techwear, which IS abusive since they don't look alike.

>looks pretty weak
And it is literally better than any fit you have or ever will put together in your pleb life dude.
You talk like you have some kind of patrician tastes but your critique boils down to fits looking "dumb" or "weak". Articulate your arguments better or at least post some inspo that you think is good. Otherwise you are just coming across as some clueless redditor normie.
So you think something is abusive because people enjoy Akira while wearing Acronym which is nothing alike in your opinion? Are you retarded? So if someone is inspired by Blade Runner but wears jeans and a t-shirt he is an abusive fucker that is ruining the movement? What do you even want dude...

>pretty weak
It's my own opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

However, I'm beginning to think you're purely dismissive of techwear as a whole. Nothing about this association is 'abusive', it's nothing more than two interests being liked by the same people.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

You see? This is what I am talking about. This is weak as fuck and Tetsuo or Deckard would NEVER wear this in my beloved nerd media. The future must look exactly like it is in Blade Runner, how DARE designers provide different ideas and designs to what I WANT to see!!

It's very fucking simple.

Some guy is constantly posting Akira and Blade Runner as inspo in those threads.

As if wearing techwear was gonna make you look like a character from Blade Runner or Akira.

In fact, wearing jeans and T-shirt is WAY more in line with the aesthetics of those movies than the sleek tacticool bottom-heavy shit Acronym puts out.

So the dude who's constantly referencing 80s cyberpunk is doing it all in vain since techwear has very little in common with it.

I happen to think that techwear looks dumb, but if you like techwear, you shouldn't tolerate it to be associated with older cyberpunk since it just boils down to 80s fashion with shoulder pads and cables.

If you like both, then fine, but don't mention them both in the same thread, or at least try to put some fucking effort in it, not like this fuccgirl

lmao REKT

>In fact, wearing jeans and T-shirt is WAY more in line with the aesthetics of those movies than the sleek tacticool bottom-heavy shit Acronym puts out.
Yea, no.
>Some guy is constantly posting Akira and Blade Runner as inspo in those threads.
If you don't like it keep scrolling down. This is an image board people are allowed to post what inspires them.
>I happen to think that techwear looks dumb
Then why are you here you fucking loser? You are wasting your own time, and everyone else's. You have a few nicer anons trying to educate you but I could tell from the beginning you were just a clueless moron who probably can't even pull off a jeans and t-shirt fit let alone something from a more niche aesthetic.

I've resigned myself long ago to the overwhelming presence of skinnyfat silhouettes.

Yeah there's something wrong with that: it's off-topic. It's like bringing up hippie fashion in a thread about lunarcore.

Holy shit, I can't believe I wasted my time trying to convince this guy.

If you don't like the aesthetic, why are you even here? Nobody ever said wearing Acronym was going to make them look like Tetsuo, no one ever thought of it from that perspective.

If you're afraid of your precious anime image being tarnished, go back to /a/, your autism will be highly appreciated there.

>sleek
>tacticool
>bottom-heavy
you are blind or retarded.
And GITS has a lot of fits that could look in line with techwear today. And who said images from Akira or Blade Runner needed to be literal outfit inspo? The scenery or atmosphere could be inspo in some way. You really seem autistic or something since you cannot grasp entry level concepts here dude.

>If you don't like it keep scrolling down. This is an image board people are allowed to post what inspires them.

You have yet to show me a techwear fit that's visibly inspired by old cyberpunk.

>then why are you here you fucking loser?
Maybe because whenever I come on this board there's a bunch of people posting incoherent shit like they don't realize what they're looking at.

I was hoping to find out that they aren't delusional enough to think that techwear looks like the movies they constantly reference.

Turns out some of them aren't. They just don't actually give a fuck about aesthetics and just want to share pictures they like, as if they couldn't do separate threads for separate aesthetics.

>And GITS has a lot of fits that could look in line with techwear today
I don't really remember any noticeably futuristic outfits in the manga or in the first movie, aside from the tactical suits themselves, which look like spandex suits with chest armor on top.

The rest is 80s fashion.

>I was hoping to find out that they aren't delusional enough to think that techwear looks like the movies they constantly reference.

God damn kid. Get back on your meds. Fashion does not need to look like whatever movies you fetishize.

No it doesn't, but you'd think that the people who constantly bring up the same movies as inspo would WANT to look like they're from those movies.

Turns out they don't.
According to they just draw some kind of abstract conceptual inspiration from it that has nothing to do with aesthetics.

>what is inspiration
>I'm visiting the Veeky Forums plebians to see if they're acquired any parts of my superior intellect

Fuck off back to Mensa. Inspiration can come from anywhere. If you can't see that, you should probably go back to your elitist Akira fanclub.

>inspiration can come from anywhere
then why the fuck aren't you posting traditional Tibetan garb?

>elitist Akira fanclub
Dude probably wears graphic tees with Tetsuo on them and some True Religion jeans his mom bought him at the flea market. Techwear triggers the fuck out of him because he cannot afford it so he needs to justify his shit aesthetic and impoverished existence by raging on here. I hope he is a troll because I'd legit feel sorry for the kid if he is this dumb in real life.

There's nothing elitist about liking Akira, GitS or Blade Runner. Their only interest lies in the very thing you dismiss: their aesthetics.

Nah, I get it now. You are one of those fags on Supertechwear who gets buttblasted when people post tech ninjas or cyberpunk references in the techwear discussion threads. So this is your round about way of venting passive aggressively. Some random normie who is obsessed with Akira wouldn't know what techwear was much less write huge essays about an aesthetic he professes to not like. You are fake as fuck man.

I just wear milsurp, which happens to give me the same kind of silhouette as thisSo fuck off with your failed ad hominem.

Cyberpunk isn't just GITS and Akira and Blade Runner, you know. It's also Count Zero and The Diamond Age and Schismatrix and Wetware. These are not really stories about guys in boxy leather jackets shooting people. It's this body of work and the intense themes contained within that inspire Errolson and others making modern techwear, and also inspired the more obviously "aesthetic" works of cyberpunk fiction. These two aesthetics are two branches of the same tree, so of course they go hand-in-hand. Whether they resemble each other hardly matters.

So you like and wear the techwear aesthetic now (albeit in a cheap, surplus attempt without any advanced fabrics), whereas before you said you did not care for it. Which is it retard?

>I happen to think techwear looks dumb
>happens to give me the same silhouette

So are you a self loathing faggot?

this u bro? lmao

Yes it does matter. This is a fashion board, it's all about how things LOOK.

But I'm eager to see you post references and inspo that is more relevant to your conception of cyberpunk than what's constantly regurgitated here.

>Cyberpunk isn't just GITS and Akira and Blade Runner, you know
no shit. Tell that to the dumbass who keeps spamming those exact same three movies in every fucking thread like it's all he's ever watched from that genre.