Leather jackets

Planning to buy my first ever leather jacket. I've looked on hundreds of them and I think this one is the best. Thoughts? Anything special I should pay attention to? (not something I could read on google)

Do you have any other options I should consider? Must be brown.

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/432905
zalando.de/oakwood-casey-lederjacke-oa122j016-b11.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should buy it irl, so you can actually test the quality of the leather

where'd you find it? It's an unwritten rule you shouldn't buy anything shown on a black mannequin with that pose.

nigga is actually contemplating buying black mannequin clothes, you think he'll be able to distinguish leather quality?

It's lambskin. It's manufactured in my country, I can have it delivered, try it and send it back if I don't like it.

Redpill me on why blacks are bad.
Shouldn't a white and black mannequin be equal?

the cut looks very boxy. itll probably be a tent on you unless you have a legit barrelchest

also the sleeves being pulled up like that makes me think theyre cut horribly as well.

clothes are modeled on black mannequins so that companies can better manipulate the fabric and lighting to make shitty clothes look good. dont buy it.

It's a meme, some kids buy edgy anime clothes and then look dumb, they blame it on black a mannequin instead of their own bad body shape, bad lightning, bad pose and not adjusting it properly. In general, you'd have to be genuinly naive to think that these clothes would look good on anyone other than anime character or a perfect model.

What's your budget? What size/color/style are you looking for?

>tfw the highly edited images look pretty nice but you accept they're an Asian fit and you're not Asian
Maybe in another life.

Is it the full grain or a corrected/split grain? While some split grains are quite nice, as a rule of thumb, you should really only buy full grain unless you know what you are doing.

In addition, be very wary as others have noted, about buying stuff online that's marketed on black mannequins. Unless you live somewhere rural, surely you could go into some stores and try jackets on?

Hey post the large version

I'm considering up to $400. I'm from Poland, so prices are a bit different here. I'm willing to pay more if the quality and the look in general convices me.
Size 48-50, brown, business filthy casul.

The bottom left white one doesn't look bad at all though.

Plain and simple is best

grailed.com/listings/432905

Rick's leathers might be a bit out of your price range but with a little haggling and looking you can probably find a nice brown Rick jacket for a very good price. They're probably the best designer leather jackets you can get, especially for the price (Considering people ask upwards of $2000 for shitty SLP leathers). His blistered lamb jackets are absolutely beautiful and are much more wearable than your usual shiny-ass cheap leather jackets from other companies.

His styles are all over the place but you can easily find some normie-approved and very flattering cuts for a good price. His "Stooges" jacket in particular is his take on the usual biker jacket silhouette, just a lot more slim and refined. Check it out.

I was thinking the same. Material is still shit though

If you are actually aesthetic you will look great in these clothes, unsure about durability though.

don't listen to this meme individual - he fell for the various baits on this board.
don't fall for the "assembled in my own country" or "[rare animal]-leather" memes. don't buy anything that is not worn by a model in at least one picture.

OP here again.
What about the sleeves? I usually have problems with the length and in all my shirts I have them shortened.
I found few jackets fitting almost perfectly, but the sleeves were a bit too long. Should I keep looking for one that fits perfect? Not sure if I want the sleeves cut, too scared someone will ruin it.

but the use of a mannequin for product shots generally means they are too cheap to afford someone to model it and the people selling it have no respect for how the product looks in the images so likely the clothes will be garbage

It also probably looks bad if modelled on a person

>generally means they are too cheap to afford someone to model it
No, it means their clothes are garbage. If they could not afford a model they would just take a picture of themselves.

and look bad in it and therefore not attract customers

and that's why they use mannequins. i just meant to clarify

I'm not denying that mannequins make clothes look better. They do. But to think that you will look instantly as good as the mannequin just by putting the same clothes on you, forgetting that you do not have such body or muscles, is plain stupid.
It is possible to look as good, but be realistic and hit the gym if you want to look like that. But then, if you are in shape, you will look good in pretty much everything.

yes, that's what i meant to say. i didn't mean to gainsay (? google translator said that word works)

Did you check Allsaints?

yes, I'm not liking them to be honest.

How do ya'll feel about suede jackets. I like the feel of suede, but I want some inspo on suede jackets.

I don't think he means to buy that one. It's called an example picture.

OPs jacket looks like shit

what about that one friend?
zalando.de/oakwood-casey-lederjacke-oa122j016-b11.html

> zalando
> quality clothing
pick one

in all seriousness though, leather jackets are even more difficult than a fucking suit. takes months to really understand what fits best and works for your look/personality and you're looking at a $1000 price tag for a decent jacket. Veeky Forums is the last place you'll find solid advice

so, where should I look for the high quality jackets? I hear about $1000 price tag all the time, but can't actually find one that I like at that price. As for how long it takes to find a good one, I've been searching for a few months now and still can't find anything nice and with good quality. Talking about stationary shops here.

forget local shops for now, search online. the pricetag is a result of having to find that much more high quality leather pieces to construct a good leather jacket. it's also harder to sow together than other fabric. read up about leather before even considering a leather jacket. trust me, after after a week or so of research you'll walk into most stores and think "wtf is this shit". get a suit tailored first, you'll see how much work is needed to get the shoulders right. this will also give you deeper insight of how your leather jacket should fit. iirc styleforum has a guide.

Is that brand anygood?
How does it compare to like schott for example?
Because the prices are very interesting

that jacket will not fit like that on you. you can't make the arms stay pushed up with that cut unless you wanna looked retarded and keep pushing up the sleeves every 10 seconds

Should I get this in dark brown? They have it MTM, so I can control the way it fits.

Oh, and if you want to know where it's from, its from falcon garments.

Get a flight jacket. They're light and won't get you stuffy. They also tend to have epaulettes and broaden your shoulders a lot, making you look taller, as the jacket's waist ride is just over the belt (typically). Just avoid ones with chains and over the top zippers like on a bikers jacket. Those look fucking stupid, almost as bad as black mannequin shit, unless you have the perfect body type for it.
Though a zipped pocket on the breasts is alright, as long as the front pockets are not zipped. Do avoid ones with pockets fucking everywhere. You aren't in the military, and you'll just look like an autist in cargo shorts.

What's wrong with zippered front pockets?

looks nice but I'm not a big fan of those collar/neck things, don't know the proper name

So you like the regular M1? With the storm flap?

I think it would look kind of awkward when closed, but I don't know.

yes, pretty much
and as far as pockets go, I think i like them on chest

Slp, obvious choice

And I'm not sure if I should get it with or without chest pockets. Maybe I'll ask them to just add the left one to it.

First of all: Do not listen to SLP/Rick homos. I repeat: DO NOT listen to SLP/Rick homos!
This board, same as the rest of Veeky Forums, is cancer and should never be taken seriously.

That being said, here's some shit for you:

1) The most important thing about a leather jacket is that it fits you. A cheap shit jacket that fits you well will still be dimensions better than an expensive one that sags on you. Pay especially attention to the shoulder area. They should sit tight without restricting movement. Then go down from there to the hip.

2) Second most important thing is quality. This you can only find out by holding the actual jacket in your hands. Cheap jackets are mostly very light, thin and overtly smooth to the touch. This is because the leather has been chemically treated and straightened to appear this way. That doesn't mean that all smooth jackets are shit though. Also look for quality of the seems. Good jackets are made from large pieces without too many unnecessary seems, unless the jacket is supposed to be this way to match a certain style.

3) Pick a jacket that is simple and clean over a fancy model. YOU WILL get bored and eventually sick of a model with thousand zippers and shit dangling from you, and that doesn't even give you adequate wind protection etc. A simple cafe racer or some sort will never get on your nerves and can be combined with a lot of clothes.

4) Again: Do not listen to SLP/Rick queers. Their minds are warped to act as marketing drones by telling you that any jacket except their brands is of lesser quality and deeply inferior, while in reality they are ridiculous looking meme items that will make you the laughing stock on the street.

this guy knows his shit

dude rick leathers are some of the most normie pieces he makes

he got this out of reddit's menswear book for dummies page

seriously how boring can you be

that's pretty much everything I've read on google so far, but thanks

Yesstyle?

This is the first time I've seen a thread about leather jackets on Veeky Forums. Some of the jackets posted look pretty meh.

post some nice brown jackets then

>not liking All Saints jackets

Wait for the sale on leather jackets there, it's one of the best price quality ratio then

why would i ever want to have a pocket on my arm

Motorcycle jackets are the only decent looking ones, to be honest.

Seraphin, Zilli, Brioni, Zegna, Loro Piana for stylish leather jackets
Aero, Schott for durable lower priced jackets

>all saints
>quality

I bought jeans from there and they got a hole in them in 7 months

why not just lurk in thrift stores for a few weeks and find a great one there?
#BUYINGNEWISAMEME