Evolution of Fashion Taste

New to Fashion ("I want to look cooler than my peers"):

>Off White, Balmain, Versace

Advance novice ("I'm sooo different from all the other people who buy clothes"):

>Rick, APC, Yohji, Gosha

Fashion connoisseur ("Innovative details is what makes great clothes"):

>Ann D, KvA, Julius, Balenciaga, Lanvin

Transcendant ("Beauty is simple. Nothing else matters"):

>Margiela, Missoni, Brunello, Armani, Marni

Oh ok easy there Veeky Forumsggot, Versace is always in style.

>tfw transcendent/connoisseur
feels good mane

first week huh?

don't worry we've all been trough it

>no dior
DROPPED

>"connoisseur"
>even fails to be the average try-hard fashion theorist

You'll grow out of it, maybe. Thinking things culminate towards a maxima you can sit on.
Spend your single mom's money more wisely, it's a tad disrespectful.

where did you learn about fashion, a haunted house???

>shitposting this poorly
Yep, you seem just about ready to trip on Veeky Forums

bump

last bump for enlightenment

No Miyake?

no carol?
wow

Wouldn't transcendent be reaching the point where one is no longer a brand slave/ is making ones own clothes?

all of these are for brandwhores. asap rocky mentions like half of these in his 3 minute long advertisement jingle 'fashion killa'

consumerism at it's finest

>3 minute long advertisement jingle
kek

those are just examples

Actually yes.

But you can choose whether or not you make your own clothes. Finding high quality unbranded clothing is almost impossible.

>advance novice yohji
"advance novices" might like yohji, but none would try to pull it off
>Transcendent
Regardless of the lofty ideals of the brand Brunello is mostly purchased by the personal shoppers of rich financiers who couldn't give a shit about fashion. Not too sure about most of the others, Armani and Marni seem like weird choices since they're both past their peak. Margiela maybe works but even so the brand's non-basics seem like they'd fit more in Connoisseur than Transcendent. Actually your transcendent definition really just seems like it describes Italian fashion philosophy rather than a group of designers.

and just noticed no Comme, I just assumed it was there. What the fuck are you doing?

>Margiela maybe works but even so the brand's non-basics seem like they'd fit more in Connoisseur than Transcendent.

It's true for the post 2015 Margiela, because Galliano took over. However, until 2015 they were pretty much reproducing Martins designs, so it was pretty great. Same goes for the other examples - it's the overall style of the brand, not the current collections.

>Italian fashion philosophy rather than a group of designers

There is more than just one Italian fashion philosophy, Dolce & Gabbana are supreme memers f.e. But you're absolutely right, it's the "relaxed side" of Italian fashion. It struck me as odd too at first, but then I guess it also makes a lot of sense.

cdg and yohji are pretty entry level in the big picture

pulling an all nighter atm and cbf to read thread but after 6 years into fashion, right now the highest of levels for me right now is galliano's entire career and what he's doing at margiela right now

also if you havent looked into womenswear you dont know like 90% of fashion period nigga!

also ghesquiere at louis vuitton is god tier. prada is also fucking strong as fuck.

>No ASFTM, No CCP
Nice shitpost senpai

Or og lang