Lost or Mythical Cities Thread

What are some lost/mythic cities that are "not common", for a lack of better words (that is, nothing like Shambhala or Atlantis)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vineta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitezh
youtube.com/watch?v=4AzG4KZe7ok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'ts literally the first time I hear of Shambhala t.b.h.

Detroit

Mu

Shangrila. Might as well get that one out of the way.

Agartha?

This. It's like Atlantis, but spookier

I just finished playing Uncharted 4 too.

Well it did get swallowed by darkness.

The lost city of El Dorado.

Prester John

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vineta

Camelot

>What are some lost/mythic cities that are "not common"

I always liked the theory that Atlantis was located in the South China sea, which was a huge area of dry land during the ice age.

and all of that dry land belonged to China, therefore it is the PRC's right to claim it all

Aztlán (Aztec mythical home), Z (Lost Amazonian city), Place of Cattails (Semi Mythical Maya city where they recieved their gods)

The lost city of the Kalahari.

So like. Does he die

Yes

Don't spend my days on video games, nor do I shitpost, so we can't relate. Just a general interest in lost cities

Kitezh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitezh

It has a beautiful opera by Rimsky-Korsakov and a neat cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AzG4KZe7ok

In my country, Spain, there was an ancient kingdom called Tartessos, some people say that it could be create the Atlantis mith because the city had canals and was a pretty important kingdom. Now there is nothing about it except some jewels and metalurgic stuff. The rests of the city are supposed to be buried on the marshes.

I'll find it one day I swear

Not really spooky, just seems like the same thing but with the Mayans

I've seen Tartessos referred to as more of a semi-mythical city than something like Atlantis. The city of Tartessos may not have existed, but there definitely was an advanced culture in the region around that time that interacted heavily with the Phoenician colony of Gadir