Common Projects Derby Shine

So i just ordered these for 200€.
Are these worth it?
How do i care for them, do i need shoe trees?

You could have gotten these cool shoes called Clarks Desert Boots.

The creases are terrible, ruins them desu

Looking good. Price is fine. Getting the 10% discount would have been nice I guess. I like visible serialing honestly, one of my belts has it and I want more garments like that.

Yes, you need shoe trees. And polish them up with some protective shoe polish every other month/week depending on wear. Avoid rain. That all is if you want to keep them looking as closely as possible to new.

thanks and what do you mean with "getting the 10% discount"?

The shop CP referred me to offered a discount. Then again, it had them for like 450 bucks, so good on you.

are there any decent alternatives in this price range ?

I bought a pair for $180 new and still not worth it. They look good for about 5 minutes, then the patent leather on the toe box warps and crinkles and they instantly look like you've had them for 3 years. No amount of shoe trees will solve this problem, its an issue with the design. There are HUNDREDS of derbies with the same design, the only reason I see you could have wanted these is the gold lettering - well its not fucking worth it mate. Take the $15 return-shipping hit and send them back.

well could you show me some alternatives broski?

Buy used derbies. Picked up a pair of made in USA hanovers on eBay for $20 and they're great. Or maybe look into the other CP derby model, tried them on in a store and they felt decent. Trust me derby shines are a bad cop, saw a salesperson at Nordstrom and the amount of creasing and heal drag was horrendous

I prefer CPs Cadet Derbies far more than the Shine's; both not a fan of the shine/patent leather on them as well as the natural finish on the sole. For patent leather derbies either buy from one of the #menswear goodyear welted places or save a ton and buy from somewhere like Dior Homme, Jil Sander (older models preferably, Ann D, Prada (there's probably other good makers. For just derbies without patent leather just have a search on google and find ones with a last and finishing you like.

>save a ton and buy from somewhere like Dior Homme
Excuse me?

he probably meant "save up a ton of money" to buy them :-)

i was considering between derby shine, rw postman and mono docs, got all 3 of them try them on and decide that doc monos looks the best and return the other two

docs seem so chuncky tho

i'm gonna use this thread since it's derby related and it's not worth making a new one
i want to get a pair of derbies that i can wear with loosefit fits and also in a bit more formal fits, any recs for under 200europeanunioncurrencys?

1461 mono Docs.

I mean, the contrast welt and wedge sole(?) are dope, but the creasing fucking god awful. Like what the fuck, I bet even display pairs look like shit after two tests.

Can you guys recommend sub 300$€£ black derbies to wear with black jeans etc?

its not "that" bad desu famalam