Interior general

There's no interior board so I guess here is as good a place as any to ask since some of you know a thing or two about interiors.

w2c coffee table and sculpture on top of it?

also, Interior general

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefdl83b0k4eVFtUGs&usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

plants

This is too much plant.

I laughed out loud for some time

How do you get an indoor plant to get so big? Looks like a fuckin tree

Probably you put it in just for the picture. Plants are fine as long as they arent trees.

I like plants, you can spend $1000 on some decoration item or $5 in a plant and the plant will almost always works better, as long as you aren't going for modernism ugly deco.

Theres this tendency today for white walls/lighting. I prefer darker colors on the wall and yellow lightning.

If I remember correctly, theres a scene in Talented Mr. Ripley where a friend of the dead guy says the room of the imposter looks too bourgeois. I don't know why but I really liked that room. I think maybe it's caused by a long exposure to said interiors on the many movies I watched during childhood that portrayed the victorian era and it's dark colored, bourgeois interiors.

wow you're gay
go to reddit

Call me a pleb but I really dig these outdated victorian interior. Another favorite of mine is country club/town & country. Wood really makes a room much better.

I just have a fascination for interior deco. Why? I don't know, I would really love to know, but discovering yourself takes time. My main inspirations are victorian era, town & country and medieval (but it's difficult to pull off in a good way). I like wood, plants, dark colors and low lightning. I'm reading about architecture and arts on my free time and one day I plan building my own house. Due to economical reasons, probably I'll need to settle on an already built house. In this case I'll do my best to make the interior as best as it can be.

so do I
and I keep up with interior design mags
but I'm not gonna start throwing around jargon just to impress anons

maybe im just stupid, but every time i see interiors like this, it irks me because theres no fucking lamps. what happens when it gets dark? how is someone supposed to sit in those chairs or on that sofa and read a magazine or book? theres not enough light. it really bugs me.

>jargons

WTF? "victorian era" is a very popular term, not obscure jargon. Also I hear "bourgeois" since forever in school and I'm from a developing country. I'm sure everyone in the western world is familiar with victorian era and bourgeois.

They probably use a 20-30W white cold bulb on the center of the ceiling. I prefer using a 3W yellow LED in a lamp. Theres no need for too much light indoors, you just need enough.

>bourgeois interiors
kys

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefdl83b0k4eVFtUGs&usp=sharing

This is gr8, thanks.

I'm trying to understand why I like some places and hate others. I liked my last place much more than I like the actual and I don't know why.

I started suspecting it was the lightning but after lowering the illumination I discovered that's not the problem. Next I tried changing the decorating, again without success. My next attempt will be rearranging the furniture.

Good pictures.

>kys
Do people try get as much light inside because they live in a place where there is little sunlight outside? I prefer dark colors/low lightning because it's too bright all the time outside. My favorite weather is cloudy, its gray and helps making the other colors stand.

The 3W LED yellow warm bulb was one of the best decorations items I ever got. Lightning is even more important than physical decoration pieces.
I suggest to everyone testing different colors and intensities.

This scene from American Psycho shows everything wrong with interiors today (IMO). Theres too much white, too little decoration and no plants.

Forgot pic.

Even though it looks dated this is a better example of interior.