Eldredge Knot

Is this fedora tier?

yes

you even need to ask?

I think it looks nice.

Yes
If you wear this in a professional setting everyone will think you're a millennial faggot and they will laugh at you.

It looks alright in the picture, but I doubt it will look nice irl.

oh that´s cool i like it
but like where the fuck you could wear a golden tie? you will make everyone else including your boss look cheap as fuck

depends on the color of your choice, this is not hipster fedora material because hipsters don't wear tues in the first place. Yeah if your walking around with a shut eating grin on your face because you have this knot then yeah your a fedora wearing faggot. but play it cool wear it with class and it can be a compliment getter. don't listen to these idiots here who have never worn a suit to work a day in their life

This is way beyond fedora tier. It's so bad that the scanner just explodes off of Vegeta's face.

>It looks alright in the picture
>oh that´s cool i like it
>but play it cool wear it with class and it can be a compliment getter

lmao

is this some kind of post ironic b8?

Not really but it is way big irl. The one that is fedora tier is the merovingian, at least for an office setting.

Is menswear boring by definition or what?

Jesus fuck that's hideous.

It's OK for a wedding or something like this.

Ties are fedora tier unless you're wearing one because of the setting you're in or if you're older than forty. After that, all knots that aren't four-in-hand (and, fine, let's give a pass to the half Windsor) are fedora tier.

it seems to me that all the people in your comment saying bad about this only wear a tie with a basic shirt to work if you're in any kind of luxury sales or in a place where you need to look good and classy than this time would be great but if you're just going to work in a cubicle then yeah I guess it is overkill and probably what all these other mustard stain shirt wearers are talking about

You're premise is that this knot looks classy. It does not. Now, maybe you're from Russia and this is a huge shock, but class is about understatement. This is why the four in hand is the go to knot: it's so understated it's not even symmetrical. So no, the monstrosity in the OP is not a knot to tie if you're working with expensive goods or discerning customers, as they will discern that you are a fool.

Just do a 4 in hand

Windsor if you want to be a flashy cunt

that shit if you want to be autistic

Kek this is just ridiculous

tie itself is a decoration to your suit, if you decorate a decoration, youre fucking stupid

fuck off you autist, you will get laughed out of any office for wearing this

only Dirtbag Americans think that classy me and understated to most people classy is just not overdone but it also has to be refined and Americans know nothing about being refined so take your class education somewhere else you sperry and oakly glasses wearing faggot.

again it's not for an office . buw even if i wore it to an office I could pull it off and use it as a statement. problem with you Fucking plebs is that you follow you don't lead and that's why you will never amount to shit and be a wagecuck your whole life.
I would wear this to a formal dinner a wedding or to work if I were a luxury car salesman a yacht salesman or to a business meeting. if your afraid of being laughed at just go kill your insecure childish self rn.

>being this buttblasted
>can't even spell or punctuate
>bizarre chav notion of classiness

it's talk to text.

Americans don't have a class education, to americans being classy is having flashy shit like that stupid tie knot.

Elegance is classy, humility is classy, tolerance is classy, good humour and manners are classy.

Being a holier than thou asshole, actively trying to be classy and trying to show off to others how classy and luxurious you are is not classy.

A poor man who is smartly dressed, well mannered, well spoken and personable is much classier than a rich man who tries to tell the world abouthis class.

It's dumb to even discuss this since class is not a quality you choose to adopt, it's one that others ascribe you, and it's classless to even talk about it in the first place.

Half the fedora tipping retards don't get this and this is why the 'le classy gentleman' shit exists.

Get on my level.

>No half windsor masterrace

Pratt

this entire thread is a hot mess
delete it

I definitely agree with everything you said and I never said to go around acting snobby about it that's exactly what I said in my first sentence anything that you wear like this can be passed as elegant or refined rather than snobby snobby to find your attitude about how you wear it not what you're wearing and that's what I find it classy

>Half the fedora tipping retards don't get this and this is why the 'le classy gentleman' shit exists.
>Half
I agree with literally every word of your post except this one.

this tb h
Pratt or Four in Hand are the only really good knots. You can use a full Windsor if you're like 60 and a duke or some shit, I guess.

I'm attending a beach wedding next month (3rd this year), and am looking to mix up things with a
> wooden bow tie

Opinions?

Is it just me or is the OP's pic really subtle like it wouldn't a difference IRL?

unless you're a 9/10 this will look like fucking shit and everyone will assume you're a tryhard

What is tryhard? I am not a native speaker.

kekd

aww shit I had to google that and realized I wasn't wearing neither the half windsor nor the pratt.

pic related is how I tie my tie, please ID

Don't.

seems like an ass backward 4 in hand

It means that you succeed in life trying your best at everything

That's a half winnie in your pic, I don't know WTF you're talking about.

Seems like you are right, but it is tied differently from how most people do it.

The only person I've seen use it was a fat neckbeard.

I can smell the excessive hair gel from here, europoors are so corny.

Aww man..
So there's no way to pull it off?

That only makes this 10 times sadder. You must be pretty butt blasted to have to verbalize this to you phone/computer.

>if I were a luxury car salesman a yacht salesman or to a business meeting.

>if your afraid of being laughed at just go kill your insecure childish self rn.

There's no way you're any older than 14. You've never even had the need to wear a tie, have you?

>Elegance is classy, humility is classy, tolerance is classy, good humour and manners are classy.

And this is bad?

This honestly might be worse than a fedora. Don't do it.

god you are a moron

He's trolling you, being a tryhard means things don't come naturally to you, sort of like a poser.

i am actually astounded that people are willing to defend flashy tie knots

god you should have seen the Veeky Forums thread about ties it was a fedora convention

I understand being a poser is to pretend, no? But if things don't come naturally to me, and I try hard to work on them, they are not pretend, no?

Learn how to read

Being a "tryhard" means you're trying too hard at something and it's making you look like a fool rather than being successful. In the situation of the wooden bow tie, it's trying too hard to be "classy" and unique and instead of actually looking good, it just looks foolish.

But this is just bad taste. How can you try too hard to improve yourself? I must sound like a broken clock, but I don't understand! Ahahahaha.

This is exactly what you look like when you tie an eldredge or similarly fussy knot.

if you put effort into your tie, it lets everyone know you're that dude who cares about ties and cuff rolls, which lets them know you're an egotistical shit.

topman tier gimmicky rubbish

honestly, this knot only looked good in gotham

looks like a vagina

>if you put effort into your tie, it lets everyone know you're that dude who cares about ties and cuff rolls, which lets them know you're an egotistical shit.
This, more or less.

There is a very fine line between putting effort into yourself and coming off as prissy, especially as a guy. Fucking around with ~unique~ knots falls into the latter category, at least in my opinion.

o boi it's even larger than the collar

tfw that's me a year ago

/thread

I do hope this is a joke.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

how do i downvote this?

Nigga has a transformer on his shirt

Does a broken clock make a sound?

Only if it's in woods.

Here's the criteria:
If you are
>Famous
>Rich
And/or
>A model

then go ahead

I'm not him but I'm not a native speaker either and in those situations you should check urban dictionnary

>1. A face-saving insult used by someone who is feeling inadequate. Basically accuses anyone who is better than them at anything of putting in effort. Doubles as an excuse for sucking by implying lack of effort on the speaker's part.

Yes.

>half windsor,

for people who aren't able to learn how to do a full windsor knot

That knot looks like a micropenis

I like my shit somewhat symmetric but the full windsor is way too big for me

>Veeky Forums
>wear it with class

pick one, or become part of the "swag is for boys, class is for men" culture