Will warfare ever be this stylish again?

Will warfare ever be this stylish again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zC2cmxEsFnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You mean flamboyant.

No difference

Where is the bottom middle pic from?

Post plumes.

Make way, plebs.

>tfw cuirassiers are no longer used in battle

Breddy gud

Napoleonic Wars.

In 40,000 years.

you mean colorfull right? modern warfare is about camouflage so not happening

youtube.com/watch?v=zC2cmxEsFnY

First things first is we need to teach our men how to sing again.

Maybe if we get a comfy cyberpunk future

Although I understand the love for the Napoleonic era, and definitely love the 1600s (OP's pic), I personally think that the 1700s hit the sweet spot of military uniforms. It was the beginning of uniform uniforms (no pun intended), but still had some batshit old world flamboyance, such as the tricorn hats and the wigs. Barry Lyndon is great for that reason.

I dream of the day when our optics advance to the point where camouflage doesn't matter and we can once again dress for style. That day is probably far off but I hope to see it.

isn't that a dragoon

No. A dragoon would have a full size musket and little if any armor. The role of a dragoon was to support cavalry on raids by dismounting and fighting on foot. Dragoons had low quality geldings and weren't expected to fight on horseback.

nam was pretty effay

I thought dragoons later evolved to use pistols on horseback

I'll continue posting GOAT 90's style until you like it.

that thing isn't loaded

Nah, dragoons had full muskets or carbines and would dismount. Usually didn't have armor. Cuirassiers wear cuirasses. To be more specific, I posted a reiter, but as far as my knowledge goes the lines between armoured cavalry weren't particularly definite.

Those uniforms are ugly.

You're ugly

>you will never have wings on your back while impaling the Ottoscum with a 12 foot spear for glorious Poland
Why even live?

>if your horse would stop suddenly, those fucking wings would have you thrown away

Someone post those Italian trips who still go into the field with plumes, I'll do it as soon as I get off the shitter.

The main thing isn't camoflage

The reason for the transition between distinctive colours in different factions within a fighting force was so that generals could observe battles with more clarity by distinguishing one faction from another. With communication techs of the modern era it was no longer necessary to oversee everything personally so naturally the cheaper mass production option which was also highly due to the invention of assembly lines came in

Then you get fucked by the guy that lost his optics gear and spots your pic related style uniform 500 meters away then proceeds to shoot you with his smart gun that fires homing bullets.

found it

the nice thing is those feathers are actually practical because they break up the soldiers silhouette

The IDF doesn't care about camouflage that much because most of the combat missions they do are at night against people with no capacity for carrying out night operations.

If anything, they've gone for the opposite of style, though. "make sure you don't smell and your shoes are clean" is pretty much their philosophy.

That means you'd just glide over the enemy formations and then be able to flank them.

Polish truly are masters of warfare.