I think I might be balding at 19, what do? My hair's definitely thinning. Should I Rogaine...

I think I might be balding at 19, what do? My hair's definitely thinning. Should I Rogaine? Is there a certain hairstyle I should start doing now?

If you're going to fight it, you need to start fighting it now. The product you want is called minoxidil, it's clinically proven to regrow hair on your scalp. That being said, fighting it is a futile effort and you should start accepting yourself as a bald man while also enjoying the time you have left with your hair. I started going bald at 22 so I know a bit how you feel. It will be alright, user, but you have to come to terms with it. Fighting it and being all pissy and sensitive about thin hair isn't a good look. Also, I used to joke around with my friends at parties telling girls that we were arguing about whose hair was thicker and then having them decide for us. A lot of times, even after the girls put their hands through both our heads of hair, they would say mine was thicker, despite my friend's hair being much thicker my own. So people don't even really notice if you're confident about it and shit.

damn dude that sucks youre so bald

Here's what my hair typically looks like right now to give you guys an idea. Hair genetics on my mom's side is pretty weak. At least I get to enjoy it for a little while longer, and I'll always have height by my side.

I mean it definitely doesn't look bad right now, just enjoy it while you have it, then go with buzzed just like everyone else. In the meantime try and get jacked and maybe grow a beard.

Your hair looks great dude, is that how it naturally looks?

nigga you a textbook Chad

I just put a little product in, give it a quick blow dry, and it stays like that. At least up close, my hairline is receding though.

I'm also 6'5

That's nice senpai. Maybe I should buy a hairdryer then. Also it's not that big of a deal, I think it still looks great. If it recedes too much just buzz it, you look like you have the facial aesthetics to pull it off anyway.

Feels bro, you'll make it

Tfw balding Chad has better hair than me

if you're a 6'5 alpha just shave your head and don't worry about it

I'm still a recovering beta. Having flowing hair helps pull chicks at frat parties and stuff. When I put on more muscle I might just buzz then.

>recovering beta
How the fuck were you ever a beta with that height and looking like that?

I used to not know how to talk to people. I was kind of timid and pretty awkward. I still did sports and everything back in HS, but I was never alpha or anything. Also I was skelly mode before I bulked up about 70 pounds in a year. I decided to change my lifestyle and outlook on life, and it's the best decision I've ever made.

>pic is me 70 pounds ago at 130 lbs, 6'3-6'4ish. I think this was like 2 years ago, 3 at most.

Holy shit user. Crazy transformation.

Holy fuck, you look a lot like me except I'm less skellier, and with dark brown hair. I'll use you as inspiration senpai. Good job there.

Hit up Veeky Forums, that'll be a good starting place.

there's a lot of misinfo about balding around

someone else mentioned minoxidil (marketed as rogaine in the US) which is one of 3 products you need.

the first step is ketoconazole (marketed as nizoral, a topical shampoo) which will block DHT (the hormone that causes male pattern baldness) from reaching your hair follicles, thus slowing/stopping balding

the second is minoxidil (marked as rogaine, a topical leave-in treatment) which promote follicle and scalp health, further slowing balding, and even reversing the effects in some men (~40% iirc, the sooner you start, the better) for some years

the final step is finasteride (marked as propecia, an oral tablet) which massive reduces the body's production of DHT, again slowing or stopping balding. note that because it messes with the body's hormone generation, there can be negative side effects to sexual function and mental health with this drug. FDA reckons it's only about 5% of men though

nizoral is cheap, I recommend getting on that ASAP. If you can afford rogaine, go for that too before it's too late. After half a year or so, you might want to evaluate whether you need to add propecia as well (requires a prescription and is highly expensive)

Did your hair really look like that just with product and blow-drying? It looks god-tier on the first pic but it looks like shit on the second, and I have exactly the same hair as you. If so I'll try it ASAP.

Thanks user. So what are the negative side effects? Should I use every one of these? And should I Rogaine for beard? I have a hard time growing one.

Yup. Also helps to find someone who's good at cutting hair. Don't ever go to like Grey Clips. Just find a hairstyle that works for you. I stopped shampooing every single day and that helped too.

yes the idea is to use all three, although nizoral and propecia kinda achieve the same effect in different ways, so you can potentially not use propecia since it's expensive and has potential side effects.

the side effects in question are including but not limited to (speak to your doctor about them since propecia requires a prescription anyway): erectile dysfunction, problems ejaculating, or more commonly, decreased sex drive.

rogaine absolutely can be used to stimulate the growth of facial hair as well as on the top of your head, but just bear in mind it is somewhat expensive

Oh, that's great. I already started gradually going days without shampoo and it's working wonders, my hair is not nearly as greasy as before. I'm gonna buy some product and a blowdryer now. Thanks a lot Chad senpai, I thought my hair was a lost case.

On amazon theres Nizoral anti dandruff shampoo, is that what you're talking about? Pura D'or anti hairloss shampoo is the only other thing that comes up. As far as Rogaine goes, is there side effects to that? My facial hair looks like pubes on my face and it's pretty patchy, that'd help? I guess that'd kill 2 birds with one stone. Should I get the foam or liquid?

Side note, what type of glasses would fit my face? I was thinking something like pic related or classic ray Ban lenses. I tried contacts and couldn't do them.

yeah nizoral anti dandruff is the stuff (as an added bonus if you suffer from dandruff or an oily scalp, this is also miles better than head and shoulders.) note that you only apply it twice a week, so keep using your regular shampoo as well

rogaine has no adverse effects that I know of. It has good results for facial hair for most men who try it, but since it's a topical leave-in, you obviously are going to be using more to apply to your face as well.

either foam or liquid is fine, foam is possibly more popular

Hey I appreciate all the help man

they don't really look thin to me.

if it's the hairline you're concerned about, that also look just like a somewhat mature hairline

you can tell you're balding cause the thinning is mainly on your top/vertex. It looks like you just have naturally thin hair so you should be fine.

If you want to be extra sure start minoxidil (try to use it everyday, you can take off few days though)+nizoral (once a week, don't exaggerate with it, it's not meant to fight hair loss, it's just a side effect of it)

That's a normal hairline, you fucking piece of shit. Your fucking thread could have been posted on the fuccboi thread, moron. I can't believe some people still don't know what a fucking normal hairline is. Just give up, moron, you will never be effay, and you know why ? Because you're a fucking retard. You are literally mentally retarded. You're the kind of piece of shit that asks stupid questions all the time because you don't take 10 motherfucking seconds to read or make your own research. You are the reason why our western society is falling apart. You are a fucking plebeian, you don't even deserve the right to vote, motherfucker. I don't even want to make a godwin point, but you know exactly where you belong.

I am literally shaking right now. You just fucking ruined my day with your stupid question. Fuck you.

There's a lot you can do to slow it down while you wait for a permanent solution, which should be coming within the decade. Definitely look into minoxidil, it doesn't really work too well with my hairline, but it will help with other parts of the scalp. Get a DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner, Bosley makes a set that won't dry the fuck out of your hair. Try to get your doctor to prescribe you finasteride, and specifically ask for the proscar 5mg tablets. You can cut those tablets into 5ths and get a year supply for under $50 that way. Maybe even look into RU58841, not sure about this one, but I heard good things about it, so I bought some. The RU58841 is ~$90 for 50ml which is expensive as fuck if you're using 1ml a day. There are a bunch of vitamins that you can look into too. I'm not even sure if I'm balding, I just noticed that one of my temples had a little less hair than the other, and that freaked me the fuck out. Doing all this (minus the finasteride) pretty much filled in all the hair there. Good luck, bro :)

lmao i love this pasta

>FDA reckons it's only about 5% of men though

Almost anyone who takes propecia reports low sex drive and even depression.

You're 19 and only starting to recede. Minoxidil will grow all of that back.

Minoxidil only wont work on follicles that are dead (receded for around 5 years or more) and I doubt you were losing hair at 14.

I'm 21 and been on minoxidil for 1.5 months now and my whole original hairline is regrowing.

Also use Dermaroller.

Bad news is that you're going bald. The good news is that it'll take longer than you think. I probably started going bald around 19 and immediately started stressing that i'd need to shave my head within the year. I'm 26 now and only now it's gotten to the point where I'm considering shaving, even now most people probably wouldn't notice i'm going bald (i've noticed the only people who really pay attention to receding hairlines are other guys who are also going bald). Anyway just enjoy it why you can.

>the only people who really pay attention to receding hairlines are other guys who are also going bald

This 100%

Unless it's REALLY bad.

>tfw you realise you are 19 too and your balding is much worse

I try not to post in these threads but what bothers me the most is that I've got recession only on the right side of my hairline. My parents on the other hand have really thin blonde hair tho nor my father nor my mother have any issues with hair.

What is even more weird that I've got baby hairs growing on the receeded area. So I have no clue if I'm balding or just poor hair genes.

My receding hairline is in a wedge shape and is also much more pronounced on my right side, never seen anyone else with the same thing

Don't worry, the other side will catch up.

: ))))

Being this mad

Double dubs - he must be right guys!

Hey, you post on fit too, right?

You'll be good regardless of your hair, don't worry.

Haha yeah I do. We'll all make it. If I do go bald though, a beard would help.

Some people look dope regardless of their facial hair with a buzz. But I can't really tell since I haven't seen your face, but judging from your v me structure, I'd say you'd be ok even with 5pm shadow kind of 'beard'

I don't think my face aesthetics are that great, that's why I like having my hair so much, and also why it's so nice I'm 6'5.

ketokonazol doesn¨t block DHT tough, its a fungicidal. It helps to reduce the swelling of the hair folicles by reducing the amount of hair flora and fungi on the scalp wich in turn reduces the hair loss.

the only DHT supressor is the finasteride wich inhibits the alpha-reductase ensyme that converts testosterone in DHT.

to the OP. Go for those 3 tough(fin/rog/keto). you won¨t regret it.

yeah go with those. check johnny depp and james dean glasses online.

what product do you use if i might ask?

I guess you'll have to go with this

You mean like pomade or some kind of gel that makes it harder and "frozen in shape"?

My hair has a hard time staying up if it's not messy or "curled".

My hairline was exactly like yours at 19 OP, I'm fucked now. It receded really quickly in my early twenties.

I use a little hair clay, usually Woody's. Or I use Kevin Murphy's Night Rider or Gritty Business as well.

Thanks, bud. I suppose you have thick straight hair.

yh op youre receding bad for a 19 year old, good thing is you have a thick, wavy hair otherwise

you should probs just take dutasteride like me, my hair hasn't got any worse in a year since i started taking it (was taking fin before that), fin the great drug that it is probs isnt strong enough to combat youthful, aggressive baldness

dutasteride is in my top two fav drugs along with coke

You're not fucking balding OP don't listen to others. Are you noticing a lot of shedding or something?

Update: I take that back I just saw your other picture. You're like a NW 2, look into Finasteride don't read into the horror stories. I'll post my success with it

Mine is bad

It's true. It will definitely take longer than you think. I started going bald 19 and I'm 30 now. I still haven't gotten to the point where I need to shave it.

My hair has always been thin, but I feel like it's significantly receded recently. I'm noticing a lot of the thin blonde hair on the top bangs. I don't know if this is part of a maturing hairline or if I'm going bald.

Yeah my hair isn't as bad as that, recently I've wondered if it's just a maturing hairline.

I don't care about balding so long as it's not before 40. I have a straight hairline so I think I'll make it.

>perfectly healthy hairlines
stop being paranoid and worrying

you're pretty fucked though, if you havent yet now is a good time to start worrying

you can also just remain your dignity and shave as soon as the hairline recedes too wide instead of taking pills like a midlife crisis dad.

whats with your obsession about pills in the US anyway.

that is one function of ketoconazole, but it also is an androgen receptor antagonist, meaning that it will compete against dihydrotestosterone to bind to androgen receptors in hair follicles—thus slowing down the rate of DHT killing follicles

This is basically my hair right now.

get the fuck out of here, normie

fucking 6'5

lmao, you look fine dude

You guys lose your shit every time you see a hairline that isn't a straight line, one inch above the eyes.

you're perfect, don't believe the memes man

thanks mate all these info bits you throw around really help

t. retard