Cutting Long Hair

Would you cut your hair if you had hair down to your butt for 3-4 years?

In May 2010, I shaved my head with a razor blade. I've had a few trims since then, but now my hair is down to the bottom of my butt.

I'm almost 23. I'd like to try a short hair style. However, is my hair "too valuable" to give up? It's thick, healthy, straight and flowy, 3 feet long. It gets me a lot of compliments, took a while to grow, and has perhaps become part of my "character," a trademark trait.

Maybe I could cut my hair now, while I'm still a young action girl, and let my hair grow long again when I'm a slowed down adult in long skirts.

This is an old picture of me, maybe a year or two ago, I think. Can post more if needed for evaluation.

Other urls found in this thread:

pinterest.com/operarocker6/hair/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShortHairWithTail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shave it all of

I'm considering a mild undercut. I like it, regardless of anyone else's opinion, and I don't care if it is mainstream. Maybe later I can get a bob.

I'm actually in the same situation.
I'm pretty short and having hair this long makes me look even smaller, but I don't know if looking taller is worth all the years of investment ;_;

how old are u

You're probably just going to regret it

...are you a tranny?

wanna d8

london
more pics plz

Older user (30s) here. Long hair is special and I suggest you keep yours while you're young. I took about 14" off of my chest-length hair last June, leaving it at around mid-neck. A year later it's back to a bit past my shoulders and I lament that it could be mid-back by now.

mirin cheekbones holyfuck

This. Buzz cut.

Longer hair for younger people and shorter for older? I'd have thought the reverse was more fitting. I suppose more fun while young, more utilitarian when old?

You must show us your best fit, I think you'll look great cutting it short.

Other fun facts about my hair.

I can wrap it around my neck like a scarf an still have slack.
I made a sleeve for my ponytail to go through, protecting it and keeping it together.
I have ways to strap my long ponytail to my body, including a modified military jacket.
I have a harness that looks like a bondage/straight jacket assembly of buckles to strap my hair down my spine.
The only way I can put my hair in a bun is with a chopstick.
If I'm not careful, my hair can dip into the toilet.
Taking care of it is not that bad.

Let me brace myself for the criticism I might receive, for I feel so embarrassed at this, but I can't help but like it anyways.

This is what I'm considering:

I considered mixing it up, shaving the front half of the sides, in front of the ears only, but I think that looks weird, and only good on paper, in theory.

I tend to wear militaristic or old fashioned feminine clothing, and my usual outward demeanor is very cold and focused.

Is that a scar or is that hair in your mouth? Super cool scar if so

It's a scar, yes.

You seem really interesting and I wish I could have a convorsation with you, I think you could pull off the short hair, it also feels good to cut off hair, it's like releasing ego

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

You should try the techwear.
It looks pretty sweet. How did you get it!

I made this, a parody of the keep out sign for Quiet in MGSV.

Techwear? Something like this?
Here, you can barely see the sleeve that holds my hair in the back.

Here's the thing I made to buckle my hair that looks like a bondage/straightjacket piece. It's excessive, so useful only when swimming, really.

Scars on your legs too! What's the story?
Fuck me... That's impressive

Meant the second comment of to this.

Are you hoping for a really cool story where I survived an attack? Sorry to disappoint.

I've had a traumatic past, and I love cutting myself. I'd like to think that I've still been filed sharp by my pain, but most people with scar fetishes aren't turned on by self-harm; most people are repulsed.

Sadly, I don't actually have many good full body or feminine outfit pics. Anyway, I think you'll get the idea of my "character."

And here's what I'm considering again:

70% sure this isn't OP

it would certainly work for you my guy. as long as you won't regret it you should give it a try. worst case you have to grow it again

This was once considered too.

Thanks for your help so far, everyone.

Thats hot.

Yeah, many people don't like the idea of self-harm. But there's no doubt I'm in love with this scars.
I like the idea of short hair, but a bit longer than what you've shown us.

So, I'm in game design, so I tend to be "character focused." Do I want to embody a short haired physical action oriented character? Or a more serene one, whose strength comes from within?

Anyway, I'm excessively spamming. Apologies, but if nothing else, maybe it'll satisfy curiosities.

You lost me here, I need more context.

I tend to put together in my head a cohesive demeanor that I want to be, and to a lesser extent, want to portray.

Everything I choose, I genuinely do like, but I like unity in design, as if I were a character intentionally designed by an artist, not the haphazard mundane of life's coincidences.

Fuck! I'm in love!

Kinda like when fashion designers also include a target audience "character" when creating a line.

OK. Yeah, I do this same all the time. Playing a bunch of games I do like play a character. Weird on how you're asking us on who you want to "embody"

And yet somehow I've never had any IRL suitors. All through high school I've been in trouble with the authorities for being "scary."

I also exercise, run silently on my toes, kill time by tapping morse code, learning German, drawing, 3d modeling, collecting skills, such as swimming like a mermaid, basic self defense, reading people, detecting lies.

I didn't really mean to ask you all a question that can only be answered by me. Rather, which would you find more appealing? Or which would you rather be?

Right? Muh Heart

she is presenting us her thoughts so we can get a better grasp of what would be best for her. like, sharing your ideas so others can think them further. you are not the brightest are you?

you look like my dad

Really? How can no one appreciate a person like you! I'm just going off what you've shared with us, so sorry on jumping the gun to say that you're amazing!

Would you let me go out with your dad?

It's alright, I'm flattered.
I don't smile very much, and when I talk, I sometimes sound like a cartoon villain, monotonous, hard consonants. I had one person tell me I had a cockney accent, but I'm completely American. Probably just a few oddities in my pronunciation.

I've actually recently been sent to a mental hospital. Someone asked me about my past, I told, and they called 911 on me. I've been forced to reflect upon myself and consider my faults, as persecuted as I feel. I suppose I do act a lot colder and scarier than I thought, in the most ridiculously trope-y way, like an ice queen tsundere. I never smile, I look upset, I can sometimes say dark things, and am very exacting.

I don't think this would look as good IRL as in theory on paper. Artists do sometimes draw hairstyles that are impossible, in that there's no way anyone could have that much hair in that small area of scalp.

Also, it seems a compromised middle ground, unable to embody the serene long hair and not a fully free action short hair.

merry me

Sitting here on a keyboard, and I'm speechless. At the same time I'm thinking you're freaking insane and also a person I would love to be around.
Is that supposed to be a gender swapped Levi?

The short sideswept bangs are already a sort of compromise, short front, long back. It just doesn't have shaved sides.

Ah, maybe short hair can still carry the same elegance. Some of my wardrobe is victorian stuff, after all.

Sorry, everyone, I'm using this thread as open notes to myself.

Who did this to you?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShortHairWithTail

Dear diary: today OP was really cute

how tall are u lmao

The bottle on your sewing machine :-)
yolo

something about this thread is very off
is op trying to pass off as a woman? why is he rambling about slicing open his thighs and video game characters? either autist or schizo, desu

>only 23

man, you look one of those FOBs already tired of life, desu.

Are you boy, girl or boygirl?

You could cut it and donate it to locks of love
I grew my hair out once and did it
You could probably find a place that'll give you a free hair cut if you donate

pls don't cut

Short hair on older women screams soccer mom trying desperately to grasp on to her fleeting youth
If you ever want to try to do a short hair thing, do it before you're 30

You could also smuggle alcohol into baseball games

Don't waste your twenties having boring short hair. Short hair on older """"women"""" is just fine and a nod to practicality rather than a grasp for youth.

>Hair down to your butt
Mental health problems telltale sign

Women in their 30s cut their hair short in reaction to a midlife crisis

pls no undercut. maybe something like pic related? it looks good long.

>too valuable
That's for you to decide.
Personally I don't think there's a need to be all sentimental about it.
If you want to cut it, then do it.
Though I don't think short hair would suit you, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

In all of your pictures the way you "style" your hair is pretty boring, look at some koreans and japs to get some inspo, e.g. girl on right in pic
And put on some makeup, should make a difference.

If the reason for cutting your hair is just to up your fashion game, then you're on the wrong path.
Cause based on your pics in this thread, you have very shit fits, including your glasses.

Though you have a decent face, so there's lots of room for improvement.

Locks of love are the reason I chopped off more of my hair than I originally wanted to. That pressure to help kids with cancer is real.

this looks amazing but i always advocate buzzcut

buzzcut is the future
buzzcut is love
buzzcut is life

I feel like there's a lot of samefagging here.

Op's lies are easily detected

Veeky Forumss new waifu?

he's asking himself questions in the same way he's answering them (rambling, strange word choice)

also everyone is going along with him being a """""woman"""" except for like 1 poster. this is samefag mental illness general

ngl short hair, more masculine clothes and that facial scar, would bang relentlessly.

This is Caroline right?

don't cut, you look great

your hair is beautiful

she was walking through the bronx and caught the wild buck fifty

OP, I want to kiss you and lick your scars

Do not cut this goddess-tier hair please. I want to ask how long it took you to grow it like this, and did you get regular trims every 12 weeks or something?

>mfw

Have you considered a career as a supervillain's chief henchman?

How do I find girls like you? where do girls like you even spend your time? I just want a borderline psychotic, depressive, quiet, and faithful femme who wouldn't mind comfort and support.

I'm sorry that you love cutting yourself.

Jesus Christ, OP, that's amazing.

Keep the long hair.

Hey OP, you're pretty regardless of whether you're a ciswoman or a transwoman. While the hair is kinda badass, as are the devices you've made to hold it close and out of the way, I would think it would be much more comfortable to lob it off and go for something short. I'm afraid I don't have hair style suggestions.

anyway, keep bein' awesome

also i gotta throw this in

O H I O
H
I
O

I want you to be real so bad. I feel like a faggot posting this on an anonymous image board but you are ideal, and it saddens me that I will likely never find someone like you.

Y E L L O W F E V E R
E
L
L
O
W
F
E
V
E
R

I've seen some other anons suggesting you donate your hair to charity. Don't do that, locks of love has more hair than it needs and doesn't care much about quality so there's a good chance they'll just throw your hair away. If you can sell it, hair that long and nice should fetch a good price.

Don't do something like tail and short hair, it never looks good irl, the closest I've seen that works is the asian emo mullet but I'm a bit weary of suggesting it because people think it looks dated. Chin length hair undercut optional is my favorite hairstyle and I think it is a good place to start if you aren{t sure whether you want long or short hair.

OP here, I'm back. Thank you for all your input, darklings, or rather, Veeky Forumsshionistas. To those of you who are enamored, I'm sorry I don't have any more good photos of me, and I'm still unable to take new ones.

In May 2010, I shaved my head with a razor blade. I think it may have been 2014 by the time I had my first haircut since then. The ends of my hair were really dry and crumpled. It was like a brown tip on my tail. I think I waited another two years to my most recent haircut, again, just cutting off the ends and trimming my bangs. Now I wash my hair once a week and use conditioner... Except in this current predicament I'm in where I haven't washed it in 3 weeks.

Yes. When I was 17, I was ready to join the marines, but I didn't make it in. Later, I considered the CIA. Now I'm too far into college to throw it all away.

There may be an issue with rarity, but I think it's more of about spotting them than finding them. Try to look for quiet, serious, hardworking people; perhaps some pain forged them that way. I come from group homes; maybe you can find an organization that helps foster youth. A lot of traumatized people stay messed up, lazy, drugged, but there are a few who come out hardened and focused. Consider online places too. Search through people who like certain Steam games?

I do want to warn you though, you are wanting something difficult by nature. Even if she doesn't pick fights with you, it may get tiring to have to nurse her back to stability all the time. And would you lose interest if she got better?

Indeed, I hoped a compromise would make this decision easy, but I'm convinced, it only looks good in drawings; real life looks like rat tails.

After listening to all the input and considering some of my own, I'm accepting that the long hair is special. However, I'm still looking to cut my hair for the sole reason that I'd eventually have to cut it; otherwise, go my whole life with long hair, never trying short? So the next question is to time it; when do I want short hair? When do I want long hair? Now? After making first impressions in the workforce? When I have children?

go for this

sure

Find someone who's steam profile looks like this.

Games that have really dark stories, perhaps point and click ones.