>Castille and Leon
>Sicily
>Cyprus
>Jerusalem
>Aragon
>Navarra
>Hungary
>Latin Empire

Why were french dynasties so good at worming their way into monarchies?

France is the bull who basically cucked the whole Europe for centuries.

France was the most populated nation in Europe for a long period of time.

>worming
They literally conquered England

le cunning frog

>Normans
>French

France was the most dominant European nation/power in Europe for nearly 1000 years, why do you think?

this

1220ad
France = 16,000,000
England = 4,000,000

2015ad
France = 64,000,000
England = 53,000,000

france is the key to europe

>french
you mean germanic

>House of Plantagenet
>not french

>Normans
>French
Pick one there pal

Looks like England played a pretty impressive game of catchup though.

Check Guillaume's family tree for fuck sake, 2 non-French ancestors, 3 if you count Bretons as separate, over 5 generations.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS HOLD THE DAMN HILL, H.G!

It's not so much England "catching up" (all though they did do that in part) so much as France realizing the dangers of overpopulation. If France had continued their rate of growth indefinitely they'd have a population equivalent to Russia's today.

Anooooo... sumimasen, watashiwa Norman takara.

We had our demographic transition quite early, in fact when England's population "exploded", ours had already stopped growing.
In fact iirc if we had the same demographic growth as England we would have a population of 300M today, I know it's just numbers so it's very debatable, but it gives an idea of what would've happened.

shit was pretty damn useful when we discovered that we could multiply our army times per 10 by just recruting everyone.
And take on all of Europe in the middle of a political & social crises, and winning.

> by just recruting everyone.
Do you have any source on that ? Because the three orders were clear : the peasants had to work, the nobles had to fight. A peasant didn't know how to fight, on a battlefield he wouldn't have been useful, even the opposite I believe. Plus if they went to recruit everyone, then there would be nobody left to harvest the fields, and it would lead to a famine.

I might be wrong of course, but it just seems logical to me.

That would have been nice.
If we had had a demographic explosion like Germany and England in the XIX century, then Germany wouldn't have been so ready to start shit and Europe would be a much better place.
We would still be a superpower, technological and social innovations would be fueled by so many more brains interacting...
And we wouldn't have 25% of Africans in the current new generations.

I never get the "France was more populous" meme.

Most of the war the french had as much soldiers. So yeah being a rich cunt help, but come on.

And the UK did catch up, not just in part. Their population was larger than ours from 1900 to 2000.

Jerusalem?
You are talking about outremer?
I thought they created it.

Fooled by frogs
At least his whole family went down with him. You dont see that type of courage anymore