Depression/Mental Illness Thread

Depression thread, last one 404'd

Post inspo, talk about your feelings, share experiences.

Reminder: you're worth it

>you're worth it
Who do you think you're kidding?

>>>/lbgt/

I'm 25 and starting to realise i have squandered my younger potential. If i had been less self conscious i could have been something, in a band or something.

I'm 25 and tied down now to a full time job and a life of repetition and i dont think im ever gonna be anything at all. I literally cannot be think back to being a teenager without getting stressed.

I turn 25 in a month.

Fuck.

You have another 5 years to be picking up girls at clubs and fucking around. 30 is the settle down age.

Exactly and before i know it I'll be 30.

I'm just bummed I'll never span the globe in band i guess

Nothing to do with fashion.

seriously, im 25 and feel like i was 20 just last month... shit went by sooo quick i wouldnt be surprised if hit 30 next month

you know how many people would love to be 25 again?

it's Veeky Forums lifestyle

you could if you wanted to? many have started way later bro. with that attitude youll never be shit though...

I turn 24 in Sep and I

>still live with parents
>still a virgin
>still unemployed

Give me a good reason not to kill myself.

>2/3
Well, I lost my virginity at 24 so you have something to look forward to.

its pretty normal for a 24 yr old to still be living at their parents these days. Most of my friends that are 23/24 still are

>Want nothing more than to end the pain
>Killing myself means killing my mom
>Causes more pain
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck...

ITT: a bunch of self loathing pessimists who dont have any real problems other than going on Veeky Forums too much.

The passage of time actually depresses me. I think its called chronophobia or something but when i think at the years gone by and how ive done nothing im too proud of, it bums me out.

Its not even just me. I need other people with similar interests and as i hard as i try i dont seem to find any. I keep searching but I'm starting to lose hope, man.

So tired, no interest in anything, stink like shit because i have no energy to shower
On antidepressants and scared I'll be on them for the rest of my life

Where is the happiness bros

Fucking losers who think depression is Veeky Forums have never been through depression, underage faggots

i should be writing an abstract right now

Well yeah, of course these aren't 'real problems', but at a certain point the pessimism and inability to get anything done becomes a real problem in itself, and the lack of any explanation for it makes the self-loathing worse. It's a mental trap.

This has nothing to do with fashion, where are the mods?

Try google "clinical depression"

I know what depression is, "Being 25" isnt what real depression is

What do you think real depression is?

not being able to be happy or feel anything regardless of where youre at in life

depression is the medicalization of having a negative existential realization. nobody who truly knows anything about life does not struggle with it. this is not meant to romanticize or make intellectual the struggles of depression. idealism, absurdity, and beastly compounding circumstances doom us all to a depressive living.

Yep, and threads like this don't help. It's basically a bunch of sadbrains feeding each others' woe-is-me bullshit, thereby making the problem worse.

That's why I can't help but to swing into these threads and bitch at people occasionally - circle-jerking over how hard life is doesn't do anything but make it harder.

i think i don't know how to make friends anymore
it's amazing how i crave friendship and closeness so much yet i cannot let anyone into my personal space because i am nervous and don't want them to hurt me as well as i don't want to hurt them by abrupt friendship stop (i did it sometimes when i felt something was wrong, no words nothing, now i feel guilty for it)
it will soon be 2 years since i had actual friends
2 fucking years

theres not even a wdywt thread
this board has been dead for a while

today i had one of those "it's all pointless" realisation which usually marks the beginning of my frequent spirals into depression

i'm good looking someone teach me how to be less socially anxious and confident before it's too late
i'm dying inside

Sometimes its easier to profess it anonymously online then tell your friends and family how you feel.

Clinically depressed
Im outgoing, im awkward and say stupid things but i dont give a stain. People either love me or hate me.
Also have bipolar disorder, hear voices, etc. Weed and liq only help sometimes.

Same here
I'm 30 and every night I wish I would wake up and be back in my home 15 years ago so I could make something of myself

great fashion thread m8

>get called cute
>get butthurt
JUST

There are no limits you can literally go anywhere you have at least 50 years ahead of you.

are you ugly or just really picky with girls ?

Just start doing drugs instead.
This
I struggle with this too. You have to realize "social anxiety" isn't real. People believe what you tell them, so pretend to be a confident chad and people will assume you are. Just be natural, don't overthink anything. And if people don't like who you really are then that's their problem, don't make it your problem.

>be me
>sit in the basement until my feet carry myself outside in hope to find a friend
>when outside, get paranoid and anxious, want to go home
>go home, regret that i didn't make any effort to even talk to a stranger
>repeat

>see ugly couples frequently
>gives me hope
>see below average girls with decent looking guys once in while
>could probably get a bf if i went out more

trust me, if you have a vagina and are even semi remotely attractive you can get a bf

>talk to a stranger
i don't blame you cold approaches are risky.

try going to a concert by yourself thats what ive been doing and normies approach me some times. too bad i can't hold the conversation long enough without intrusive thoughts making me paranoid.

I'm terrified that I'm not good looking enough for the girl I'm interested in and that she's just settling for me at best and doesn't want to tell me how disappointed she is

We have tons in common and I think we compliment each other personality-wise, it's not easy for either of us to open up about anything but we can talk for hours. But I can't shake this feeling. I want to ask her if she finds me attractive at all, but I don't want to look even more insecure and I doubt she'd give me a totally truthful answer anyway.

Will I only know if she actually goes out of her way to pursue me back?

yeah thats what im starting to believe ive done some boarder line autistic things around guys and they barely care

the key is finding someone that doesn't just want sex which is very hard and time wasting actually

>want to ask her if she finds me attractive at all,
please for the love of god do not do that.
>Will I only know if she actually goes out of her way to pursue me back
YES.

>Only have a few friends
>They seem to enjoy each others company, whereas I am just there for some unknown reason
>Never have anything to say
>Most of my family is dead
>Dad died a year ago
>Sometimes think about just ending it here
>Can't do it because it will ruin my mothers life even more

pic to keep it fashion related