Veeky Forums's opinion on man buns?

Veeky Forums's opinion on man buns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8YgTaMyZRk
youtube.com/watch?v=K3Rf38guxv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

laggards still wear it

I wear one, but I know its meme tier(nu male tier)

I wear one but sometimes I don't think it's even worth it if since I can't grow much facial hair

I dont have that much facial hair(I have like Orlando Bloom does....kinda like a spanish type) but I think either clean shaven or full beard works. Goatee or other types I think is ugly tho

I wear it because sometimes I have to put my hair up.

Heres my opinion on the matter.I used to wear the man bun before the hype for man buns came out so once it did i just kept my hair short. Fast forward 2-3 years, i scoff at it most of the time, met so many chicks who love it, eventually got a gf and she loves long hair especially on me since i have very good hair, She also digs the man bun because she finds viking tribal guys hot, now i wear a man bun not because i like it but because it keep the hair out of my face and it gets my gf wet.To make it less gay and played out i will get braids and do the geralt of rivia thing.

Yeah, braids will make it less gay, sure.

it's just called putting your hair up.

what gave it a bad name is, well, the fact that someone named it.

and the multitude of people with short hair making top knots. which is an absolutely embarrassing look.

putting long hair up is just a necessary thing sometimes. that it became a goal in and of itself is just another example of the internet ruining everything.

if you happen to be cutting edge on accident, you soon become seen as trendy, then a latecomer, then behind the trend, then stuck in the past.

chasing hair trends (all trends?) is a no-win situation. it's an endless cycle. all you can do is find what works for you and stick with it until you're tired of it.

>man bun
It's just a bun

I'm wearing mine up at home right now because it's hot as fuck. But I put it down when I go out just so I'm not perceived as a trendfucker, even if it means being uncomfortable and sweating constantly.

>But I put it down when I go out just so I'm not perceived as a trendfucker, even if it means being uncomfortable and sweating constantly
Kinda sad 2bh

well it will, its like putting hot sauce on a fast food burger, sure it might taste like shit but you might aswell try to enjoy it and add something to it to atleast try to make it taste better.

well said user

do you understand how autistic you sound?
>I'm gonna torture myself, so people won't think I'm following a trend

I have long hair and sometimes I have to put it up, ponytails don't look good because of its length and curliness, so I just bun that shit

Fuccboi ruined it for us long haired patricians baka

this

Metal heads and pretty boys were doing the bun for some time now.

Have long hair but don't want to wear a bun for some reason? Put it in a pony and fold it over for hot and trendy extended Mr robot look.

man bun is ok if you need to tie your hair up. I hate hipster fringe buns that are epidemic.
youtube.com/watch?v=a8YgTaMyZRk

/pol/ definitely loves it

cool in 2009 i guess, video related
youtube.com/watch?v=K3Rf38guxv4

unfashionable now, more due to the type of faggot wearing it than how it looks.

topknot's are unbelievably embarrassing, but the guy in the video's handlebar mustache was as egregiously tryhard a hipster trend.

any body ITT with long hair
>tie hair to the top of head like pick related
>wait 10 minutes or longer
>remove tie
>pull gently two large chunks to the back of the head and tie them with two separate ties
this is how i wear it, its nice especially when it's pretty oily.

Undercuts, short clean haircuts, and beards are characteristics of nu-males, not man-buns.

fpbp

hahahahahaha

not sure if I should cut it or nah

go to bed omi

the hipster handle bars arent that bad if you think about it but i get where your going with it.

r u frank

this video was a joke, handlebar mustache was there on purpose

lmao that delusion.

it's over

growing long on top with #4 clipper on sides for that long-hair manbun look without accentuating my weak hairline. Looks a bit shit right now but will look god-tier in 3-4 months once it gets past chin-length on top.

>Have long hair

bless

>I'm gonna torture myself, so people won't think I'm following a trend
Literally 99% of all fashion bullshit.

Hair trends especially tho because of growth time

/thread

Wot

I didn't really get long hair to wear a bun, I wear a bun because it's long. My hair at this point is hard to deal with, so I just put it in a bun out of ease.

> mine

ew.
would rather just go with a bun and suffer the silent judgement than look like the kind of guy who owns multiple swords

plz stop

this is so fucking gay lol

can you post a pic of what this would look like

How many manbuns do you see in pic related? Fuck off.

Forgot pic

man bun = extremely low irony level

undercut = buzzfeed-tier irony level

long hair and buzzed hair = very good grasp on irony. can use irony to poke fun at people with meme hair (see above)

rat tails and mullets = so drenched in irony that conversations with these people can be difficult; hard to tell when they're ever being sincere of if they're capable of such an emotion

eddard?