i nominate this

still this

Oh dear lord, this.

nice memes, plebtrons

plebo

>the bible
>no Qur'an

>tfw have read 27 of those

There's nothing effay about any of those books.

Not remotely religious, but you can't have a good grasp on the English language without the KJB.

Being articulate is Veeky Forums.

anyone else think Big Sur > On The Road?

These are all pusdo deep and hyper masculine as well

Yes, not to mention pseudo-intellectual and totally overrated, am I rite?

is there any book that you guys can all agree is effay, so i can buy it, instead of everyone shitting on everyones post.

i need a new book to read damnit!

Exactlly, they have Harry Potter but they don't have Emma or The Bell Jar?

It makes no sense, if you're gonna put few female writers on there make sure they're good

How does Veeky Forums pick a book? How does the written word capture a visual aesthetic?

ignore the people in this thread, they're just flexing. if you don't read much this image is actually a good starting point
i think no longer human is an effay book.

This looks like some pseudo deep hotline Miami/drive rip off written to pander exclusively for 16 year old boys

Yeah, the end isn't some apocalyptic inferno, it's the dark alleys of Miami with drug dealers, hookers etc.

Guaranteed to be a big hit with the teenagers.

Why would you take book recommendations from a fashion board?

You're just going to have pseuds calling the classics pseuds while being pseuds by not actually adding any criticism.

Just read The Picture of Dorian Gray and delet the thread

Probably because it's a hotline miami fan poster you mong

these threads are always the corniest things in the world and basically the reason Veeky Forums is a joke

1. Reading books because their Veeky Forums is pathetic and the reason this board is a laughing stock

2. The Brothers Karamzov is the most Veeky Forums book. Alyosha's sick monk fits and the underlying theme of God and Morality in Orthodox Russia is pure fashyun gold

best post on the board right now

>semi-illiterate
>gives book advice

Sounds about right.

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

Reading this book right now, very well written.

>the bible
You dun goofed Veeky Forums

Indeed, Dostoyevsky is, in my opinion, one of the finest writers that have ever lived. Try with The Idiot when you're done.

*tips*

>Veeky Forums books

I was tired bro
Good choice

The Republic by Plato is also pretty Veeky Forums, and of course Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. The incisive collection of Socratean dialogue is perfect for those vaporwave G R E E K fits, and Canterbury Tales has that Medieval England vibe that is the subject of many Gucci motifs in their A/W 2006 collection.

so many dead white males

I'm also reading it, about 1/4 of the way. It's really wonderful.

Better be bait

You know this was based on vote count. Don't pay attention to it. I mean imagine what kind of wardrobe you'd end up with if you had Veeky Forums vote on your clothing. A fucking bland meme troll nightmare.

I've read that book but I quit after the first one hundred pages, can someone explain to me what's so good about it?? It is supposed to have a philosophical meaning or something like that?? Because to me it was just a plain storyline.

obvious pick

>It is supposed to have a philosophical meaning

Why do we let retards post here

>Rick shoes
>rick socks
>man thong
>Rick pods
>raf shirt
>supreme beanie

>Infinite jest first place twice

Is it actually a good book or just voted up as a joke

I, Claudius is better

it is good.

i love the magic mountain. But i wonder if the translation is as good as the original.
The old folksy vokabulary doesn't translate well i think.

and also those Sruli sharkskin gloves you can't take off without ripping your skin.

great book. pretty funny too

It's the defining book of this time period, seriously. When I am old, if anybody was to ask me which book from my youth best describes the time period, I would tell them it was Infinite Jest.

>infinite jest
>Veeky Forumserally a meme
into the trash it goes

s/o repin

i'm reading infinite jest for the first time right now and it is the greatest piece of literature i've ever read

memer

>no house of leaves

Cmon....

you are doing the right thing, son.

do you even read? go back to /b/ or reddit

Not effay by any means but just finished pic related and gotta say pretty gud if not a little unrealistic when he shoots up school. Interesting though

Yeah it's fantastic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm almost done with it. probably the most I've enjoyed reading in a while

Any murakami fans?

For some reason I like Grapes of Wrath better

Not a soul will ask you that question.

Judge me gayboys

you saw a fucking list of books to get and you got the books that was on it. you're a top tier plen.

good list if you haven't read em

Good, but entry level.

Ughhhhhh I hate this so much. If people don't read entry level books how can reach the patrician level that you undoubtedly think you're at. Such a stupid mindset honestly kill yourself if you're gonna be so negative

I mean yeah, that's what someone would do wouldn't you think?

Someone literally just started browsing Veeky Forums. Word of advice: tastes on that board (like every board) form in an echo-chamber. Don't take suggestions there as gospel. I did for a bit, and ended up wasting a lot of time on books I didn't enjoy. Instead, learn what you like (which you may very well be doing, I don't want to judge) and resist letting populist tastes influence your own. True plebeianism is dependency.

Yea that's literally what I'm doing, gonna read kinda the basics and decide from there what I like

Yeah Hardboiled wonderland and the end of the world was pretty gud

Bravo

Bc we r all narcissitic AF

Modern take "I want my sins to be like sushi—fresh, small and entirely raw."

Fedora weeabo who just got into reading. Replace that Murakami with Mishima.

Reading 1?84 atm, any Murakami suggestions after that?

Le fedora maymay

>murakami
special snowflake tier

pretty effay, all about trying to balance freedom with structure in your life, which I guess could liken to fashion, what do you dress for yourself and for others

Good one

Really makes you think, eh ?

i agree that he is 100% tumblr, but i still really enjoy the non-annoying quirkiness of his books and i often find a lot of the characters such as tsukuru tazaki easy to relate and sympathise with. can any recc some books that have that similar strangeness/quirk but not in a zoey deschanel kinda way. also trying to get into more surreal books, any recommendations?

Saddest book

If On a Winters Night a Traveller by Italo Calvino sounds up your alley.

i really enjoyed colorless tsukuru tazaki and i think the wind up bird chronicle is probably his best. most of his stuff is very recycled though, using the same plot beats and alot of the characters are interchangeable. nearly all of his stuff is about cats, suicide attempts,jazz,western pop culture from the 60s. but hey theyre still pretty good

>Socratean

It's Socratic you enormous psued

What makes this weaboo you mong

First time I saw this.. Read them all, listen to the music and drink red wine.. Im a meme

I was joking around you autist

> List of pretentious 'classics' that are supposed to make someone well read and sophisticated.

Have read a lot of these and the majority are boring and verbose.

Ulysses, but no Mrs Dalloway.

Can you signal your gender any harder, dude?

Reader centric response Vs text centric or author centric...

Why bother reading if you cant do it right?