I
L
S
U
R
P

>opinel
>inox
doing it wrong, your opinel is supposed to be fucked up and used looking, otherwise it is not Veeky Forums

>letting your carbon steel rust
literally a faggot

>rust
It's called a patina, gay nerd

except that thats actually rust

>this stupid
must be bait

no, it's fucking rust, and IDGAF because it's a cheap ass opinel
yeah I could autistically scrub off the rust and force the patina like a faggot with some kind of special chemicals, or I could, you know, just use my $8 knife and not worry about it. which is what I do. let's see your perfectly patinated pillow queen that you spent hours creating the perfect "natural" patina for using mustard and phosphoric acid layers so you could make a perfectly composed shot next to some coiled paracord on a boulder in the park

no, this is a patina. Rust is red.

pic isnt mine, but I stuck my Opinel in a block of clay for a few days. Some people use lemons.

ceramics are pretty Veeky Forums and also durable af

>forcing wear & tear

really gay

the worst

do you also tear holes in your jeans?

purdey of course

Laguiole bird with full aluminium handle

the patina is a surface level oxidation that prevents deep rust.

it's not just about ASSFETICKS

oo.. nice save..

> prevents deep rust
no, not from jamming it into a lemon overnight

there is a reason gunsmiths go through an incredibly autistic process to treat their steel parts, rather than just jamming it into a fucking fruit overnight and going "lol patina"

Blueing? it's painted on.

knifemakers use hydrochloric acid to etch steel. look up Damascus steel. It's two types of steel welded into a block and shaped then they soak it in acid for a few hours so one type of steel starts to break apart and turns a darker color.

>Blueing? it's painted on.
well that, plus the fact that the steel has to be cleaned first, and undergoes a heat treatment
>Damascus
oh no you didn't

many color

i use this

Bump
I suddenly want a fa pocket knife. Haven't carrie done since i was a teenager decades ago. Mid life crisis i suppose.

So i know nothing of knives. Why is the Benchmade so expensive? Is $96 + shipping good price for the Griptilian?
Recommend fa pocket knife.

>Blueing? it's painted on.
no its not, its a chemical reaction

>Why is the Benchmade so expensive?
I don't know too much about knives either, but I think it has to do with the quality of the metal and its great axis locking system. I'd say it's worth it. They are great knives

But I'm not sure if spending $100 is worth it just to have an Veeky Forums knife in your pocket you will never ever use. Maybe try a Ontario RAT 1 or 2. Maybe a Kershaw. Or pick up a lower end Spyderco. Check out amazon. They are all good budget knives if you want an alternative to a Benchmade

>Delica 4
review youtube.com/watch?v=MZjiOAT13Lc

guy above you
i picked up that benchmade balisong for 165 when retail is 275 from a local shop. quality is def really fkn good which is why they cost more than others desu tho I'm probably gonna get a opinel or something cheap bc although its legal it still causes trouble flipping it around

I honestly think you're a faggot if you carry around anything else. Especially if you use the term "EDC"

>
Everyday carry? There's nothing wrong w that a knife comes in handy for many things, and is fun to play around w/take pride in.

jesus christ

A knife is much more versatile and assfetick.

>EDC
'Everyday carry', something you carry around everyday.

????

kys

ya'll seriously think bitches think it's cool when you whip out your fucking pocket knife? fuck off back to the boy scouts.

Damascus is too busy. I prefer clean, uniform steel.

If you want something that you're likely to use, given that you haven't been using a knife, get a little Victorinox Classic SD. It has a little blade for opening packages and stuff, a file, a toothpick (which I use a lot), scissors (which I also use a lot), and one or two other things.

amazon.com/gp/product/B000FNFXEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>implying

implying what? that you'd rather spend time worrying about knives than fucking bitches? a utility knife is literally all you'll ever need. pop a new blade in it every week and you're golden. don't be a faggot.

>implying even more

Why are you so assblasted about EDC knives, exactly?
They are not expensive, are much more versatile, and can last years if you just sharpen it

Is my sanremu Veeky Forums?

Yeah, we get it, you're a stockboy.

nah i just sell coke

>little Victorinox Classic SD

Great knife, but it's actually way smaller than you'd expect. It's a keychain knife you have w/ your car keys. It's more of a backup knife, but it's a classic

The toothpick is also plastic and easy to lose, but everything else is well made (knife is very sharp, scissors, nail file, screwdriver, tweezers)

I recommend the one w/ a pen and flashlight

do you shop at the walmart you work at when you're not selling 20s to trash and basic bitches?

nah i shop at barneys and saks fifth

Dis one

haha wtf am i looking at

Puukko.

sanrenmu 710

>nobody posts a sebenza

Why?

Opinel N°8 ebony wood

Different guy, how are they more versatile? They both just cut things.

EDC knives can be used much more effectively to cut many materials i.e rope, rubber, wiring, vines, etc because of the longer blade and ergonomic handle. The addition of serrations will also make it pretty effective at cutting leather, seatbelts, and other abrasive things. They can be used for wood carving/cutting wood, cutting food while hunting or just in general.

EDC knives are just more versatile and mainly appeal to outdoorsy people. And they can also be used for self-defense as a last resort. A boxcutter has a short end, are usually big and cumbersome to deploy

Does anyone else see whales?

They're supposed to be whales so I guess they did a good job.

That is not even a bread knife, what's it doing close to bread?

faggotry

w2c