Right Wing Fashion

Why is there a lack of right wing fashion subcultures? Is it because right wingers consider fashion "gay"?

While this thread isn't intended to be political, but rather about the subcultures, I'm interested in why there's no modern right wing fashion subcultures, and why modern "alt righters" dress so terribly. There needs to be a new core of the new right.

>TL;DR: Why do modern right wingers dress so shit and why are there no subcultures surrounding their politics, unlike SJWs and tumblerites who have plenty of style.

Other urls found in this thread:

nordicwear.se
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because right wing politics aren't edgy anymore. It's just common sense at this point so you'll see the vast majority of the new right wing people are just normal people who can recognise a hole in the system

Don't you think it has to do with that right wingers are just typically outsiders and have little social contact?

The few actual right wingers that aren't outsiders just dress very conventional or basic - they probably post on /r/MaleFashionAdvice or lurk the prep generals.

they are only anime watching outcasts if you get your whole world view from Veeky Forums

I think you'd be surprised how many people you know hold right wing views

Personally I believe it stems from the same mindset that right-wing beliefs come from. That is to say reverence of tradition. Fascist movements deviated from this due to their founding ideal of syncretism and optimism/futurism and are therefore far more willing to accept new ideas. Traditional right-wingers are going to be more inclined tonotions such as, "if it aint broke, dont fix it" which would translate to the realm of fashion as the idea of "proper" dress. Proper being the societal expression of the observation that ideas that we grew up in must have worked. Therefore the clothing that we wear should mimic that same clothing that the people before us wore, just as we perpetuate their society because we know that, should worse comes to worst, we'll only be as bad off as when we started.

>I think you'd be surprised how many people you know hold right wing views

Indeed, this is true. I know many right wingers in real life. But very few of them are extroverted or new thinkers, they all dress very conservatively or don't even put an effort into dressing good because that would be gay.

And the few right wingers that actually are extroverted and love to try out new things, they are the neolib kind of right wingers, the entrepreneurs. Not the "movement" we've seen with skinheads during the 80s or volkisch movements during the 30s.

I think you do have a point. There are very few modern day right wing movements that are willing to try out new ideas. Contrary to belief, Hitler was a radical, not a reactionary. There's not a single right wing movement nowadays that is radical.

Another to remember is the social pressures bearing upon people. "Far-right" movements have been intentionally morally and ethically bankrupted and exist now as nothing more than pejorative or strawmen. Conservatively-minded People are going to be apprehensive to don the "uniform" of a culturally-unacceptable movement due to both their convictions and their proclivities towards securing a livelihood for themselves and their, possibly future, families.This problem does not exist so much among the left as the far-left has, at least in the mainstream conception, successfully portrayed themselves as, at worst, well-meaning albeit possibly misguided extremists. In modern society rebellion along left lines is far more "tame" than that along right lines, as leftist carry a popular perception of objective, universal good as opposed to the self-interested, in-group centric good attributed to rightists. Another thing to consider is that both the skinhead movement of the 70s and the SA movement of the 30s were born from the lower classes. It is exactly these people who find themselves in desperate straits and already carry a stigma of existing at the bottom rungs of society who are going to be more willing and open to the idea of experimentation as opposed to the established, social status conscious middle and upper classes.

Right wing fashion is just regular yachtboy fashion in America

You sound autistic as fuck lmao. When the right rises I hope your the first one they put in the camps faggot kek

>Another thing to consider is that both the skinhead movement of the 70s and the SA movement of the 30s were born from the lower classes.

Indeed. Very few white people nowadays are in the lower classes (at least in Scandinavia), because those lower classes are occupied by immigrants and minorities. I know that in the UK, the class divide is a bit bigger, so I could imagine a new right wing movement taking off there, but in Sweden for example, it'd be quite unrealistic, even considering all the massive problems we face due to immigration (every party in parliament has admitted to this except for two). Even then, the far right wingers will never form their own movement. Especially in a country like Sweden which has a long history of conforming to the norms and being passive. The class divide among native white people in Sweden is so low that it's difficult for new subcultures to develop, especially since the colder countries are less social and more internet connected. This means that they won't take ideas from each other but rather from bloggers and everyone will develop their own style.

This also brings us to something else, which is the lack of modern subcultures. I believe the internet is to blame. See, back in the early 2000s emo kids would gather up and listen to the new album of their favorite artist, but nowadays that never happens. People instead listen to their own nisch of taste they find on the internet. And thus no subculture develops, the few subcultures that do are global, not focused in an area. The only subculture I can think of here are based on class, not on music or style. "Hipster" or "tumblr style" are just umbrella terms.

I'm a right winger myself dude. I just didn't want to go too political or biased. I have plenty of friends, some leftist, some rightist, but the latter either dress like this which is basically just conforming to the "proper" norms. If they don't, they dress like absolute shit. And prep right wing fashion seems to be mostly dominated by neolib rich kids, not actual conservative and traditionalist men.

You sound autistic either way. You talk about a set of political beliefs like they're some kind of uniform.

Kys right wing politics is shit by default. Just as shit as immigration now fuck off back to your containment board faggot lel

uniforms like that are gay.

faggot.

But political beliefs ARE affiliated to clothes. Hippies, skinheads, fratboys, yeah, they're a thing dude. Stop trying to be above fashion like some kind of edge lord, everything is politics, and fashion is probably one of if not the most important thing that shows the world what your identity and beliefs are.

Also this isn't really about the clothes themselves, but rather a question for what has caused the right wing to fuck up in terms of clothing, whereas leftists keep developing new styles.

I think it's because the modern day right wingers aren't right wing radicals but rather right wing liberals or conservatives, none which are very good with developing new styles.

You can dress in whatever the fuck you want m8, but clothes are meant to mirror your personality, not just be garments you wear to keep you warm.

It doesn't have to be uniforms, it's just surprising that in a time of a growth of new right wing beliefs and "alt right", we haven't seen a change in style or music at all.

Even on Veeky Forums, a fashion board, where most people are undoubtedly edgy Trump supporters or stormfags, they still dress like every other tumblr memer or hypebeast.

How can you take yourself this serious honestly

the answer is obvious m8

right wingers can never b fa

>trying to discuss a subject
>u tak urself 2 srsly

if you're not going to contribute to the thread piss off back to tumblr

I'd knock u 1 on 1 alt autist

>expecting Veeky Forums to know jack shit about the history of subcultures

take this to Veeky Forums if you want proper discussion

In Sweden it's popular for stormfags to have a outdoor/paramilitary style. Loads of natural colors, cargopants and military surplus.

Yup, this is true, although a lot of stormfags also dress in edgy white trash wear that looks like it's been inspired by metal and rap.

nordicwear.se

Not like I've seen many wear exactly this brand but a lot of them wear edgy metal tees or hoodies with inspirational shit like "NO EXCUSES". Classic stormfag macho apparel. It's not really a distinct style because there's too much variation between the look.

>Conservative people dress conservatively; what's up with that?

Your average social conservative doesn't give a shit about what the kids are wearing these days; dress how your father taught you to, and cut your damn hair. Your average fiscal/business conservative projects wealth, which is done through traditional business attire, which leaves little wiggle room for personalization. The most far-out part of a business conservative's look would be their hairstyle if they're a yuppie or their pocket square if they actually know how to dress (many/most do not).

well, conservative is the new avant garde, non-normie, rebellious counterculture.

liberal is like old navy, or route 66 from kmart desu

>conservatives are avant garde
>while leftists are literally coming up with new genders by the minute

Get off Veeky Forums for a while, dude; the alt-right hugbox has you thinking they're cool.

I believe in capitalism. However, conservatism is pointless to me.

fucking this. stop falling into normie conformist reddit MSM pro feminist pro blacklivesmatter pro islam fashions like demarco/slackercore, streetwear, loosewave, or anything else with light wash jeans, dad hats, or 90s inspired anything

>don't dress in '90s-inspired outfits!

Somebody doesn't know the two-decade rule.

>limiting your fashion spectrum based on political preferences
Veeky Forums is homosexual, metrosexual, insecure, liberal, edgy. Take your yachtboi and military uniform back to /pol/.

>unlike SJWs and tumblerites who have plenty of style

>Assuming the fashion board is full of conservatives

This. Seeing that the people are nice and open to experiencing any kinds of culture for the sake of aesthetics, these good and nice people can't be right wing conservatives.

And right wing people don't know creativity and cool vibrant aesthetics.
>clubbing is degenerate !!
>skinny jeans is degenerate !!
>nigger music is degenerate !!

im not even right wing and i can recognize all of those things are garbage

just wanted to let you know this post was me and its really pigfuck and you made me come out of retirement to post the reaction image because the phrase

>unlike SJWs and tumblerites who have plenty of style

is so offensively hilarious that i couldnt not reply.

cheers

you're all as stupid and clueless ever, btw.

They mostly just dress like hooligans here

Right wing doesn't mean you have to be like your inbred retarded grandpa you doofus

opposition to individualism

piss off martin you wog

>>Conservative people dress conservatively; what's up with that?

Right wing doesn't equal conservative. Your american two party system has fooled you that there are only two types of political parties and ideologies: The left is culturally liberal, but controlling the market. The right is market liberal, but controlling and conservative culturally.

This is obviously fucking bullshit. There are leftist reactionaries and right wing radicals. Both fascists and the nazis were radical for their time, against the monarchy, and their political beliefs in race and style were completely different from anything at the time. Being a right winger today that doesn't want yesterdays 80s neolib would make you a radical, not a reactionary.

To sum it up, right wing doesn't necessarily mean conservative and right wingers can adopt different new styles and ideas, too.

you're still here? my condolences...dream of me, im going now.

I'm well aware, and because of that I'm waiting to see internet fashion memesters wanting straight legged khakis and oversized vintage limp bizkit hoodies desu

should I wear AF1 with these clothes senpai?

>modern
>right wing

slow down there my man

I mean, i believe in capitalism. That's all. The whole nationalism ""redpilled"" thingy is so not Veeky Forums.

i have no idea why. fashion is one of the very few arts that is conservative by nature.