Glasses General

Ray-Ban Wayfarer Eyeglasses

Thoughts?

eyewear equivalent of white noise

contacts. Seriously no guy can look good with eye glasses. You look like a loser .

idiotic

ray ban is shit tier

get some LA Eyeworks

Wearing Ray Bans for eyewear is like wearing Herschel... it looks bad.
Just get some cheap Warby Parkers and call it a day.

which ones do you like family?

these

Should I wear contacts?

I would say no but do what you want.

Glasses. Your jaw is small and glasses compliment it more.

I have wayfarers for both sunglasses and eyeglasses, but I usually wear my clubmasters as eyeglasses instead.

Wayfarer I find too big for most faces (the sunglasses are fine on literally everyone, but the eyeglasses are very hit and miss).

Ok thanks, I guess I'll stick to the glasses it's more convenient for me.

Glasses senpai...you need to hide that face as much as you can desu

How stupid would it be to buy cheap, metal wire frame glasses from AliExpress (or maybe Amazon or eBay)? Would the quality be total shit or is it all the same?

They would be used with prescription lenses.

In my experience ultra cheap (sub 20 euro) frames are shit and will end up costing you more when you have to replace them and the lenses won't even fit the next frames you get.

My knock-off clubmasters lasted a few months, my real clubmasters lasted 4 and a half years and I only broke them because I was cleaning them improperly.
Get a cheaper but proper frame.

looks qt w/ both. always hotter when guys switch it up every so often

got these glasses recently

idk if I should wear them or just finally get contacts

lmk lads

his jaw is pretty well shaped actually

help me find these glasses you cucks

You look like an even uglier Alex Turner

warby parker abbott

no I dont

can anyone recommend angular metallic frames that still look good today

I just fuckin hate plastic glasses because they never have nosepads and are always so bulky

thank you my lover

glasses will give your face more symmetry making u more attractive but maybe dif glasses

My frames currently

Ordered these online. Does anyone have these exact glasses?

Why go with that color? They look perfectly okay in black and they're cheap (makes me feel bad about buying 300 euro frames).

Idk transparent frames look pretty cool and not too basic like a black frame

They look like safety glasses worn. Pass.

I dont see that when i look at people wearing them.

its like youre wearing nothing

They look cheap, "modern" in a bad away and almost as you're trying to pretend you're not wearing them (if that's the case get contacts or surgery).

whatever ill still wear them if they look good on me.

But they don't, not even Oldman can pull them off.

they dont look bad on him desu. i dont see anything not good on it. and i think they dont look great on old people no offense to oldman

They don't look bad, as in offensive, but they're the worse option.

Does anyone else here have a really strong prescription or switched over to using high-index lenses? I was wondering if those were worth the cost instead of using regular thicc lenses that always mess up my face in photographs. Can they make high index lenses for any type of frame?

I have a -8.5, and I have high-index lenses, but I still never wear them in favor of contacts. They're too thick at this level.

I went for the thinner option last week when I ordered my lenses, although I only have 3 degrees plus some minor astigmatism.

It's probably the right choice if you have like 6 degrees but I don't think it really makes any difference where I'm currently at.

what do u guys think of aviator prescription glasses?
theyre my current frame right now

ALWAYS makes you look like a rapist. Don't ever wear glasses like this, if you got them you fell for some meme.

My worst eye is -6.50, I'm not really into contacts because people think my face looks weird without glasses but the lenses poke out of any frames I get.

that only applies if youre not attractive. im fairly attractive so im good

Oh okay if you're REALLY attractive it totally still doesn't look like utter shit!

There's a reason you almost NEVER see aviator as perscription glasses worn by people either in real life or outfits intended to be actually wearable. No celebs ever wear anything similar either.

It's absurd to think you're a unique snowflake that manages to make something horrible look good.

You would like CWC

what?

someones mad

You look good. Don't worry.

>"modern" in a bad away
transparent frames are the farthest thing from modern

deathly afraid of stepping outside his comfort zone of memes

Entirely clear frames was never a thing in the past. Slightly colored ones or mixes between solid colors with clear parts were quite popular starting from the first decades of the twentieth century up till the 80s, but never entirely clear ones.

dude what

thanks mate :')

they only fit if you're a manlet

Keep the glasses, you Franklin looking ass.

oh gary. shave and get a midcentury cut and some black frames and a black suit. plz m8 respect yourself.

I love those threads. Im working as an optician and love to sell all the dank memes to Veeky Forumsgs

what memes?

One of my favourite are unique art fashion grills with giant pilot eyeglasses.

aviators is impossible to wear as an eyeglass, I don't think that's something that happens routinely.

If the dpt isnt that high it is possible. And i dont talk about aviator because Ray Ban is dead. Just for arabs and 16yrs old basic bitches.
Maybe its just a meme in Dortmund (Germany). I dont know

Ok so im gonna need to buy glasses for the first time in my life

I have no idea what glasses are Veeky Forums and would fit my face shape.

Any tips?

(also yes my hair is a mess)

I got these with pretty much the same fit as this guy, still haven't received them, but I'm wondering whether I should have gone for the smaller size.

Need advice about matching glasses with face shape.

My face is not round but not really square either. Falls somewhere in-between, probably oval, and I've got soft features. Should I avoid round shapes or are they fine in this situation?

desu i don't ever recall seeing a normal round frame look bad on any person. i think you could get away with it.

For fucks sake everyone, get glasses that match your face shape.
I'm not joking around here, this shit matters. Glasses can look good but still make you look like a goofy motherfucker when you wear them.

Pic related are my current ones, second set of frames. Cheap ass fucking plastic ages way to wast.

>buydirect.com logo

ugghgh

You do not know shit, man.

a lot of rapists and serial killers wore them, but who cares, you're not one right?

i really like these, what face shape would these be good for?

You look much better with glasses. It takes attention away from your Squidward nose. I have the same prob senpai.

everybody wore them in the time frame you're thinking of. they were an incredibly popular style

any

I have a pretty long, angular face, but I'd say these are somewhat flexible. Protip is not going round glasses + round face, etc.

Also these in particular (Persol 2410vj) aren't made anymore, got my last pair at ebay.

And as most plastic frames they use the cheap stuff, meaning they get age and get a white layer on them if you don't take care of them (if even that)