Protestant General

Which denomination are you a part of? Mormon here!

Other urls found in this thread:

cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Joseph Smith was a conman whose deceitful works have been thoroughly debunked.
cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

>But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9

> 2016
> Still getting bamboozled by the Council of Nicaea

>Mormon
>Protestant
>Christian

Pick one.

Hey man, born and raised Mormon here. We're definitely not protestants. No one else has continual prophets or any other institution like the Quorum.

I was raised Methodist but am an atheist now.
Let's count how many posts until this thread is ruined by Roman Cathautism.

Baptist here

Enjoy hell, sinnuhs

*sweats in white suit*

Evangelical Baptist here,
see all you in hell bitches!

my family is super Lutheran.

Like they've founded Lutheran colleges and high schools.

I really wish I could get behind it because not being a believer distinctly alienates me from my entire family.

I roleplayed really hard for a while, singing in the choir and shit, and had this weird syncretistic advaita thinking going on with the whole cosmic Christ thing going on, but eventually I couldn't get around the fact that Lutheranism, especially LCMS distinctly believes in sola scriptura, and I just can't accept that the fucking bible is infallible.

i'm a complete non believer but I wanted a way to pay lip service to it socially, but I can't agree with something I patently find essentially retarded.

I like the ELCA more than the LCMS.

Enjoy hell

> Protestants

Cathar here, enjoy the physical realm lads, I'll be relaxing in the spiritual

>Cathar

My family is Catholic but I guess you could call me a deist or pantheist depending on the day. Where I'm from most catholics are pretty relaxed but protestants tend to be pretty hardcore, it's their religion and they have a right to do as they please but damn, do some of their kids look unhappy when they can't even hang out with people that aren't in their church.

I figure spending my days staring at a computer screen is the closest one can get to escaping from the physical realm

>Anglican
>Not enjoying the tradition and art of the catholic church while dropping all the blasphemous shit.

Anglicans are pretty cool, too bad they're comparatively so small a community.

Anglicans are basically secular Christianity. Gay marriage, female ordination, dogma is "relative".

>but we have wine with our Communion so we're traditionalist, right?

>proddies
lmao

The Book of Mormon is not contrary to the gospel. It is an addendum. Next argument, please.

Mormonism is polytheistic, seems contrary to me.

I was not aware it was polytheistic... specifically how? Perhaps I have misnterpreted the Book.

According to Mormonism, YHWH was originality a man (he's married), but by being a good Mormon to his god (who also presumably originally a man), was made a god and got his own universe. Every Mormon who is a good Mormon will have this.

Deist here, any belief in an interventionist god is simply narcissitic human bullshit

Can you explain your reasoning? God creates a universe and reality, but then immediately loses all interest afterward and becomes a deadbeat dad?

No, more like God creates the universe and everything in it, and then works the universe as a whole, not each little particle. You're a small part of a great light, not a light in a sea of lights. Read the book of Job.

I've read the Book of Job, it's not deist.

I don't know how working the universe "as a whole" is distinct from "every little particle," unless you mean distinguish deist's denial of a sustaining God with Christianity's affirmation of a sustaining God here

Are you mad?

The Book of Job is pretty much the opposite of Deism.

I tried to be a Mormon because it was nontrinitatian and I thought people in the Church would be well read and educated

Boy was that a fucking mistake, Mormons have the emotional intelligence and intellectual curiosity of a rock

My father is an atheist and my mother is a catholic. I myself am not baptized and raised secular (I went to a catholic school) but I am an agnost.

I like the esoterism and aesthetics of the catholic church however.