QTDDTOT

I'll start:

What can I do when my GF dresses like she's 14 or something? (pic semi-related. It's not as bad but still notable)

I don't want to dictate her style or hurt her or anything but her way of clothing herself somehow turns me off. She either has this semi-male pseudo professional style with high pants or the 14 year old (not in an ironic way).
I guess if I tell her, she gets really sad.

I'm neither willing, nor able to afford a new set of clothes.
Has Veeky Forums ever touched this topic?

Other urls found in this thread:

norseprojects.com/store/men/shirting/aw16-hans-zip-mouline
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you aren't going to buy her outfits don't even start. You obviously have no say or buy in the relationship.

Already made her fit. Gotta keep it slow.

This deserves it's own thread

What do you do about clothes and your personality?

I listen to a lot of experimental music, rock music, heavy stuff, electronic and things of that nature. Naturally people that go to these shows (which take place in a spare room at the top of a pub in London) are full of scruffy people in creased shirts that smell of all kinds of substances.

I, however, wear fitted polos, nicely pressed chinos and well fitted jeans and Wolverine 1k boots. Naturally, I stand out a bit at these shows. It looks like I should be at a dinner party to celebrate Tarquin's graduation from Oxford.

Do you dress specifically for shows or do you just wear whatever you're comfortable in?

Idk just ask her why she never dresses feminine and tell her she would look really cute if she did

In this case "feminine" is a codeword for "stop dressing like shit"

I don't think you should artificially change your clothes if you're not unhappy with them. I listen to heavy rock stuff, too and yet I only wear basic clothes and rich-dude-style. It doesn't fit at all but why would it have to?
However if it is in your comfort zone, you might adapt. But don't force yourself to.

Thanks. The people there are always cool, especially at experimental shows (very open minded and don't judge based on appearance, as you might expect) but it still feels a little wrong. Wearing those clothes makes me feel more confident than anything I wore before that (I've only been putting an effort in to my clothes for about 18 months) but suddenly I feel like I used to at some of these places.

I'm not going to run over my shirt with my car before I go to shows or anything, but I just can't help but think I am drawing more attention to myself than I'd like.

A friend of mine went to a rock show and she put on a Nirvana shirt, leather jacket and knee high boots because that's what she perceived as "Rock". That's not what I want to do, obviously, but I just wondered if people here had an thoughts on the matter.

I'm probably over thinking it since people there paid to see a band, not me.

Is this Veeky Forums?

My ex was completely incapable of dressing herself. It was fine that she'd wear nothing but hoodies and baggie jeans as day-to-day wear, but when we had a dinner to go to or wanted to go out, she (1) Couldn't do her own makeup (2) Only had 1 or 2 nice outfits that still looked cheap (3) Would bitch and moan the whole time about having to dress up

It wasn't on the top of my list, but def a reason to dump her

>
>I'm neither willing, nor able to afford a new set of clothes.
Then leave her alone and let her wear what she wants

what can a dude wear with white jeans?

I have white jeans and I always go dark shirts with it. If they are not slim, you have some kind of rich man's look. Although someone asked me whether I stole a fatty his clothes before I went to a gym.

have you seen the movie american psycho
remember the scene where partrick bateman tells his secretary how to dress
this is the right way to do it

Which colors would go well with these

There's already a fuccboi general, faggot.

This. Femininity has no age and the more feminine she dresses the better she will look.

Is this shirt too long to wear untucked

its so fucking simple, buy her clothes as a "gift" and slowly throw out her clothing one piece at a time

/thread

You crop and post it upside down with barely any visual references, and then ask that question. Probably yes, since the shirt tails aren't very longand I can still see your crotch/zipper.

Are metallic silver shoes stupid as fuck? Are they workable or just gaudy? Male btw.

they're good if you're starring in a 1950s sci-fi movie

what's the cheapest places to get acronym? where is the best sale you've seen for good techwear?

is vetements effay?

only recently discovered this shoe, are pic related fake or just a weird version, they look like they have a pull tab instead of a zipper at the back?

how do you buy clothes from kohls?

yes

no

I'm thinking about copping the black ones on top.

What do you guys think?

b8

If I'm going to buy a single expensive designer piece, what article of clothing should i go for? I'm thinking outerwear or shoes.

really no idea what is your reasoning behind this or what designer you are thinking but I'd say outerwear
possibly shoes but depends what designer you are going for

Are they really that bad
I'm serious lmao

You are your style, your style is you, that's just the way we view clothing and fashion in Europe and America.

The Japanese, for instance, have a very different view on styling. In Japan you'll see people wearing rock oriented clothing but they don't even affiliate with that scene, they just like the style so they wear it, their clothing doesn't represent their personality.

That being said, rock the style you feel most comfortable in. Perhaps check out some more inspo? I'm sure there's plenty of other styles or variations of styles you'll like as well.

It's a bit basic but objectively not bad. This is a good starter outfit when you're still looking for your own style but want to dress a bit better in general.

Thanks, mate. I got a nice little bonus at work so I might order a few items in a different style. Shame I'm 6' 5" so I'm a bit limited.

start buying things for her or invite her to go shopping with you

god fucking dammit I want rick leather so bad

I feel ya my man, 6'3 and it's a bitch finding stuff that's long enough on the arms

don't we all

For summer fits shoes are more important, otherwise outer wear is priority.

I'm 6'3 and have a long torso. I just bought two JCrew slim vneck tees and having them shipped to me in podunkville but now I am wondering if they will be too short. Should they go down to my belt buckle or below?

Maybe grow up yourself and stop trying to change her? If you don't like the way she dresses that much maybe you shouldn't be with her.

why do idiots not read the sticky before posting new threads

Do I need to shampoo after using crew or pomade?

Are my pants too tight for how fat I am?

STOP MAKING THIS THREAD YOU NEWFAG, THI IS WHAT THE FUCCBOI GENERAL IS FOR

wew

What did he mean by this?

1/2 way down your belt is min length. At least that's my rule.

i think they look best in this colourway but u cant go wrong with black.
i dont really rate supreme that much but their collabs with vans are usually pretty good. if you like em, buy em.

is that a post ironic heart tattoo?

It's actually post-post-ironic, but can you tell me about the pants?

Asked this a few days back but didn't get any replies:
>Tights/socks in pumps during winter, y/n

What's up with women covering their crotches?

Can men with large thighs and ass be kinda effay?

what type of glasses are these

What happens to a pair of raw jeans if you leave them in water for days or weeks on end? As opposed to the normal washing method.

I say yes, especially in the left hand example. Dig the textures.

Any of you workout and Skip legs? Post routine please I just need to work on upper body and cardio to lose some weight

you sound like a pain to be around

Removing wisdom teeth in bout an hour, would it change my facial aesthetics ? Kinda chubby in face

I need to step up my sock game past Costco's Kirkland brand. What would you wear with soccer sneakers, jeans, and a plain T-shirt? Plain white ones? Or something with a more interesting pattern?

your legs don't look fat. It's hard to tell if that fit suits you from that angle. Personally, I like my pants to hug my legs when I'm sitting or have my legs bent and whatnot, but also to not show the shape of my leg TOO much when standing.

maybe

HOW DO I SIZE DICKIES PANTS?

Am I going bald at the crown?

Another pic

Boys whats the best site to buy shoes, I wanted to buy some monochrome white canvas shoes like converse, but I have no idea what site to go to. And I cant find the high top CDG in 10

yes

I got some white leather monochrome chucks from Zappos for like $70 W/free shipping

From the front?

About to go thrifting in a massive thrift store in the city. What should I expect/what should I look out for? I'm new to fashion pls help

>inb4 sticky
I read it, I'm talking about any specifics that might not be covered

Does anyone know where I can get a shirt similar to pic related aka norseprojects.com/store/men/shirting/aw16-hans-zip-mouline

The norse projects one is a tad out my price range.

This is a great way to approach it.

Does anybody know of any fashion forums aside from Veeky Forums that are worth going to?

High black socks+Black sneakers with different shade sole and shorts is pretty nice. But I am palefuck.

Acne or Rag & Bone for black skinnies?

That's basically how tight I wear mine, but I'm a pretty skinny dude. Seems like you can pull it off too. The only thing is that it contrasts your big upper body a lot, which I wouldn't say is necessarily bad.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Where to buy knitwear/sweater/pants
for a comfy look?
(Brand and stylist)

Thanks senpai!

Seconding this, especially the psuedo-oversized stuff

Wanting to buy a leather messenger bag for uni but I have no idea what brands or sites to look for one at, any suggestions?

Is it an ok idea to have an earth tone and black wardrobe or should I focus on one or the other so when I dress it isn't too much of a drastic change in the color pallet? Or maybe I'm over thinking this. Also ID on this jacket and pants please.

I want to go for a buzzcut just to not have to bother with my hair, but I'm afraid I'll go from a 5/10 to a 3/10. What do?

>
post face for better advice
anyway try that, hair grows back

What to wear with these?

no that's a good combo

H-here senpai

Tbh it could go either way, it would make your forehead more pronounced and you could seem more aggressive which can be off putting to people. I recently shaved my head and regretted the decision.

they look pretty dodgy.
do some more research, but from this pic they are definitely not the proper kva highs.

no

idk about too tight but the make your torso look huge imo... prolly should go with something looser

on my bluchers the laces are really fucking long. are they supposed to be like this? do i buy shorter laces? or am i retarded at lacing/tying my shoes.

When is it ok to buy cheap clothes? i.e. old navy instead of duluth trading co.

>old navy
>why

just buy used or thrift. i cheap out on basics like tees that im going to beat the shit out of.

My Red Wing 8111s are my only "rugged" boots. If I wear them hunting in a couple of months will they get fucked up?

I'm about 6'2, with longer legs than torso. Should I hide or accentuate the difference in length? I'm assuming it may depend, but how would I go about doing either?

Bump

Bumping this.