/Prep/

>tfw when no prep thread
Come on guys, it's almost time to go to Ivy Leagues ;)
Unless of course....
You're stupid

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2015/12/05/books/book-reviews/ametora-japan-saved-american-style/#.V6aszfkrLIU
youtube.com/watch?v=ov7riaL5Fbw
youtube.com/watch?v=sSMbOuNBV0s
imgur.com/a/XZuwA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there any cheaper alternatives to Barbour jackets like the one in this fit or should I just save for one

Japan edition

save for one, worth it in my opinion.

Do you have one? If so, which one do you recommend? I was thinking Bedale, but I also like this quilted one which is cheaper

Also what's with Japanese people and prep? I mean I think it's cool but I'm curious as to where the fascination comes from

>tfw live in Cambridge, MA, where you literally look like a clone of everyone else if you wear this

Didn't go to Hahvahd tho famalam

Barbour jackets aren't exactly expensive for a good quality waxed jacket t b h, don't know where you'd get one of comparable quality for much less than £200 or equivalent dollaritos.

Just save.

nice

anyone know w2c sweater?

Not really prep per se but I think it's pretty close. Bussiness casual is the word.

not digging it

Get the bristol or any jacket for the lifestyle range, they come with a slimmer cut

Thanks. I'll look into that

awful

>Also what's with Japanese people and prep? I mean I think it's cool but I'm curious as to where the fascination comes from

It's a full-on subculture there, I've literally seen museum exhibits on it. They call it "Ametora"

>japantimes.co.jp/culture/2015/12/05/books/book-reviews/ametora-japan-saved-american-style/#.V6aszfkrLIU

>ITT: no one who actually goes to, is going to, or has been to an Ivy League school.

ignore chicken

If anyone is ever looking for some prep/trad inspo from your school (assuming you don't go to an ivy league) try looking back at your university's yearbook archives from the 60's. Bound to be some interesting stuff.

I'm going to University of Penn.

I'm sure there are others ITT

this is some good shit

guys know some good summer/early fall fits? I need some.

Is Syracuse prep?

Kek

Any advice on how to get into dressing /prep/ as a female? I would like to incorporate more classic items in my wardrobe but I'm not sure where to start...

I bet that guy hasn't really sailed around the globe by himself

There are a lot of ways to approach. Honestly I find it would be best to ease in to it, not just all at once. Otherwise you won't know your kind of style. Start with Skirts, maybe sccarved, sweaters

wow that's actually pretty interesting

Really made me think

How does /prep/ plan on dressing for the fall?

nigger, this is a paninaro look, this was an italian youth subculture in the late 80s, and barbour jackets just happened to fashionable, like moncler jackets and stone island.

it is not really prep. like most of the assorted cancer in this thread. please kys.

youtube.com/watch?v=ov7riaL5Fbw

could easily fit into the 80s take ivy book, that's close enough for me

this answer should delegitimize this entire thread for all readers. okpeaceoutbye.

youtube.com/watch?v=sSMbOuNBV0s

what are some good shorts? I'd lke the above knees, but not sure where to look

chinos, loafers, yellow rain jacket, sweater vests. Got accepted to Brown recently so maybe I'll get a letterman

Not business casual either.

Congrats. What kind of yellow rain coat? I was looking for one the other day

>not prep per se
not prep at all

>imgur.com/a/XZuwA
most important thing is to be not be fat.

Thanks! And anoraks look pretty good with a lot of things

literally google generic grey v neck sweater

but user, it's not the same

Any specific brand?

stop posting this fit it's bad lurk more

mate it likely isnt him

he's just trying to make some poor kid a meme

Why are the people in prep photos always so photogenic? Maybe because they're all rich white Americans.

More summer prep inspo. Need some fall stuff though

Is there a term for prep without the colors? Or is that just meminalist techno interests me

>how to be fashionable in Japan
>step 1: be so white you shit bread

In a way it was the Italian prep of the 80s, but... you do realize it resembles prep because it was influenced by 'how young wealthy Americans dress', only with a new-money sense of conspicuous consumption and much less value given to eternal styles and fabric?

without is called traditional-prep. It's also more of a European style. The colors is more Amercian

Berkeley reporting in (tfw technically not Ivy League)

Daily reminder that people of wealth don't actually dress prep anymore, Unis are now a norm fest and prep is worn by a bunch of poorfags trying to feel superior (lmao at your Ralph Lauren)

you couldnt be more wrong mate. Maybe West coast rich isnt prep, but East coast old money is still this style.

this is flase. I come from a silver spoon family and I'm on the east coast, like it's still prevalent.
>Western ivies
Kek literally the backups.

If you guys actually went to prep school, you'd realize the style is still alive and well.

the waspy trump jr look is creepy and obnoxious now

Trudeau on the right

>he doesn't know that prep is the best looking style out there
>he doesn't even go to a top 10

I feel bad for the female students. Prep looks on out of shape/ugly fucks is foundonthefloorofathriftshopcore.

could someone post some examples of this?

you could clip a few pages from Alan Flussers book - tons of prep/trad inspo for the fall.

slim wool trousers and cutaway collars.
I have a dozen or so macs/trenches so it's really time for me to refine the details.

>slim
>cutaway collars.
haram

I thought you'd never ask
pullover over button-ups; slim fit pants with Vineyard Vine Belts with a hint of Clarks to complete my outfit.

>haram
post fits sounds dope

these look like trash or are not prep

vineyard vines is disgusting, get rid of it. the rest sounds solid.

preppy is alive and well on the other side of the US buddy.

You will never be a vintage Chad, picking up girls all over campus.

>a vintage Chad
I think you mean a Thaddeus Winslow III

Anyone know w2c a good polo coat for autumn? Ralph Lauren doesn't have them any more. Pic related is what I am looking for.

You are very wrong. Prep is very easy to see in any rich/wealthy new England place

post fit

Talkshitpostfit