theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/threads/276811-Your-favorite-season-to-wear-Kouros-(if-you-had-to-pick)
basenotes.net/threads/191456-Kouros-in-summertime
basenotes.net/threads/196966-Finally-tested-Kouros-in-summer-heat
basenotes.net/threads/280111-Kouros-in-Summer!
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

Anything that smells exactly like this?

>working from home this week
>understimulated
>hmm maybe I'll wear a frag I haven't worn in forever
>oh look, aventus, #yolo
>FUCK this smells good
goddammit /frag/, why did plebs have to ruin this stuff? I wish I could still wear it in public.

All the plebs in my city are wearing Sauvage. Almost makes me gag every time I walk past one.

Anyone have personal experience with Mancera Cedrat Boise? I'm thinking about a blind buy and the price is right.

Why are Bond No. 9 retail prices so absurd?

tried this today at the department store. Really don't understand the hype. Smells like a cheap knockoff of Bleu de Chanel.
Tried Dior Homme Cologne and that stuff was pretty good. Gonna have to pick that up eventually.

muh niche
muh cool bottles
muh luxury brand

that said, they are a pretty decent house and you can find their stuff online for nearly half their retail price or less

Whats the best cologne

found an old bottle of Gaultier2 while cleaning out my room, anyone got experience with it?

You need to spray it on your skin and let it settle. Then Sauvage is a pretty good scent with decent performance.

Bleu is nice too though so it depends on what you prefer.

online, frags are usually a lot cheaper. A nice starting fragrance is ultimate cancer by meme

Right now, during the work day, I've been wearing Ferragamo Aqua Essenziale , because it's masculine but light for day wear, and it's not one of my finer fragrances. At night, or on weekends, I wear either Tom Ford Oud Wood or Bleu de Chanel, depending on the weather and where I'm going. I also like YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, but I ran out and haven't repurchased yet. I'm also curious about Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb, but I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

>A nice starting fragrance is ultimate cancer by meme
wut?

I've had my dior homme parfum for like 2 years and it's still at 1/3 wtf

10ml split of TF Tuscan Leather

For a niche house Bond no 9 is a fucking joke. they're nazis about making sure you pay full retail for their shit, clone fragrances and sell them for creed/amouage prices, and pretty much embody the appropriation of 'niche' for the mass-market.

>Tuscan Leather
Just get the fuck out.

>i have this great frag
>reeeee why do normies like it

Have you considered killing yourself

Fragrance MSRP is a silly thing. Calvin Klein wants $78 for a 100 ml bottle of Eternity. I'm happy with the prices I have paid online for my Bond frags. You can find tester bottles for under $100 sometimes, and retail packages are usually available for about $150.

>Paying full price for Bond
Maybe for brand new or limited release fragrances. Otherwise they're way better than designer houses like Chanel or Dior.

As for cloning fragrances, name the copies. Before you start, Chez Bond is not the same as GIT.

>ultimate cancer by meme
the fuck

How would you rate eternity? I used to wear it and am considering restocking

what are your guy's opinions on burberry london?

I wouldn't waste days of my life smelling like Eternity, even for casual wear to office or class. I find it to be a forgettable fragrance with poor performance. It's cheap at $20 / 100 ml online, but there are much better budget frags. Encre Noire Sport is only $5 more and it gets lots of time in my rotation among the fancy niche perfumes.

Has a great thanksgiving/Christmas vibe. I love it.

Is Chanel mademoiselle effay? My other perfumes are cheapos. Any tips on making fragrance last longer or do I need to just reapply more often? Or maybe I still smell like perfume and can't smell it on myself anymore?

It's Aventus but with woods instead of smoke. They smell fairly similar.

Bond doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dior, and pick any of the Chanel les exclusifs and you'll have a superior frag.

Another hot round of well-supported opinions. You're changing minds, user.

I'm finding that I really enjoy that genre of fragrance. Woody, fruity, and loud. Aventus, Scent of Peace, Bleecker Street. I'll probably cop the Mancera. What else would I enjoy if I like these?

I want to smell like really good weed

What should I wear

Black Afghano, Hungry Hungry Hippies, Cannabis Flower (Demeter), Kush (Kush Perfume)

just droppin' truth senpai ;^)

Demeter Cannabis Flower smells like the medicated rice krispie treat edibles sold at the weed stores. Not sure I'd wear it around regularly, but it's nice as a novelty. It's fun to layer it with Bond No. 9 Chinatown or Smell Bent Green Patchouli.

C&E West Indian Lime

Dior is better than 99% of niche houses, and way better than fucking bond no. 9. Your nuts

Ï almost literally can't smell Dior Sauvage. I spray, I get a very faint hint of something that might be citrusy, and a very faint hint of generic skincare-brand deodorant perfume

I tried googling and came across a thread on reddit where a guy said that ambroxan causes extreme olfactory fatigue for some people. That makes a lot of sense to me, because I've noticed that if I smell my Sauvage cap, it actually changes my perception of my BdC cap

Anyone have similar experiences?

Also coriander tastes like soap to me in case it might correlate

idk why people even bother with that fragrance when it's progenitor is better in every way.

not him but whats wrong with it
i quite like it despite its price

probably some edt from Body Shop or something

recommending TL a newbie during the summer is the frag equivalent of full rick. also, there's this guy that memespams TL constantly in these threads and I'm pretty sure it's that guy.

recommending TL a newbie during the summer is the frag equivalent of full rick. also, there's this guy that memespams TL constantly in these threads and I'm pretty sure it's that guy.

Just copped YSL Live Jazz. Thoughts /frag/

I gave my dad my half-full 4oz bottle of Aventus on Father's day thinking I was done with it. A month later, I started to miss it. Another month later and I've gone and bought a new bottle.

There's nothing wrong with wearing Aventus out in public. I still don't think most people are familiar with it at this point, even if every mid-grade frag junkie has a decant by now. The people whom I work and socialize with only know very mainstream designer fragrance, and retail Creed is very much off their radar.

It's a shame that Imaginary Authors overprice their stuff, because a couple of the fragrances are pretty good. 60$ and I would own a couple, but wanting 95$ for 50ml bottles is bs.

>95$ for 50ml bottles is bs
that's actually not too bad all things considered. I can only think of a handful of niche houses that are comparable or cheaper at retail

and fwiw, from my experience, a 50 mL bottle should last a good while, and maybe a year or two if you have even a small rotation

It's just scummy because they raised the price of their product while decreasing the size of the bottle.

Man, I like Tom Ford, and all, but Noir gives me a headache for some reason.

Burberry in general gets undeserved shit. They aren't setting the world on fire and changing fragrances as we know them, but they make perfectly fine fragrances that just get random shit for little to no reason.

>favorite house is HdP
>nobody ever talks about them
>never sure if this is good or not
such is my life

>favorite house is HdP
>never sure if this is good or not

Lol what? Do you need other people to tell you why your favorite house is good or not?

this general loves London for the most part, i.e., it's a meme frag, bruh

>Sauvage
>it is progenitor is better in every way
What frag are you referring to?

Just wore it today. A very satisfying slightly mature skewing non-groundbreaking summer frag. What do YOU think about it?

>thanksgiving/Christmas vibe
I pretty much only wear it on those holidays. It just feels right. And it's the only Burberry frag I like.

eau sauvage; alternatively you can still smell fresh while wearing this w/o smelling like a basic bitch millenial.

it's a classic frag so you should still smell it anyway.

Tbh the mens stuff frok bath and body works is pretty dope

Is pic related the best AdP Cologne? I think so.

It is pleasant enough, but makes me think of Lemon Pledge with poor longevity. Does sharing a root name and nothing else connote a progenitor? Sauvage is not a flanker of ES.

>mfw no hot as fuck summer scents ever last/project worth a damn

Ahem

I know. I assume Demachy was trying to pay homage to that classic accord but update it for 2016 and somehow ended up with a citrus drug-store-tier frag

Intensa > Assoluta > original > Essenza

I recommend anyone interested in AdP to try each though; all of them are pretty good.

Have you tried Colonia Club btw?

Bond Scent of Peace
Dior Aqua Fahrenheit
Guerlain Vetiver

Hahaha, you got me good! WEOW!

Alright, how about some serious answers.

Thoughts on this? Loved the smell when I was younger, don't know if it'd fit me now.

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir

isn't this the one which smells like piss?

>judgement prior to investigation
basenotes.net/threads/276811-Your-favorite-season-to-wear-Kouros-(if-you-had-to-pick)
basenotes.net/threads/191456-Kouros-in-summertime
basenotes.net/threads/196966-Finally-tested-Kouros-in-summer-heat
basenotes.net/threads/280111-Kouros-in-Summer!

I got autism from fucking some nerds without condom.

Now I'm obssesed with getting the top fragrances with H2O in their name, in no particular order:

>Acqua di Gio (Adquired)
>Cool Water (Adquired)
>Acqua Essenziale
>Eau Sauvage (Getting this one soon)
>Acqua di Parma
>(Shall I include Aqva from Bvlgari?)

Next project will be getting the top 5 with "Blue" in the name, keks, starting with Bleu from Chanel.

>Get a load of this guy
That's a weird way of enlarging your fragranceteque dudefam.
Aren't acqua di gio and cool water quite alike anyway? Good selection yet cool water is quite overused nowadays.

Acqua di gio is slightly more floral IMO, cool water has some tobacco in it as middle note. Both have those sea-waterish high notes at top of the pyramid tho.

thoughts on Decadence on men?

Kek, best post I've read in these threads tbqh.

L'eau d'Issey, Terre Eau Trés Fraiche, L'eau d'Hiver, Virgin Island Water.

Wondering, what fragrances has that mythical 1929 armpit essence?

Eau de your mom, noir.

If by decandence the homosexual factor is the understatement, then it's ok thinkso. The ingredients are quite floral and fruity. But better try some samples on yourself before deciding.

Thanks for the protip fampai, I'm reading on those.

>L'eau d'Issey
>cinammon, nutmeg, coriander, cypress, sandalwood, mandarin orange, musk, yuzu, lemon verbena, sage, vetiver, bourbon geranium, saffron, bellflower and tobacco.
Good, musky, spicy, citrusy, greenish and slightly floral and tobacco fuck yeah, my kind of fragrance.

>Terre Eau Trés Fraiche
>orange, citruses and water notes; middle note is geranium; base notes are woody notes, patchouli and cedar.
This one seems direct to the point, masculine enough.

>L'eau d'Hiver
>White heliotrope, citrusy notes, interlaces with notes of water, with balmy powder of iris and a drop of honey.
I have my doubts on this, but only could tell if I get to smell a sample on me, hope it would not be kinda fem.

>Virgin Island Water.
>It opens with a citrusy cocktail of white bergamot, Jamaican lime, Sicilian mandarin. The citruses are accompanied by a note of copra, the white inner flesh of the coconut. The heart includes intensive Indian jasmine and sweet hibiscus, exotic ylang-ylang and cold, spicy ginger. The base of the composition includes sugar cane, musk and white rum.
Damn Creed, better try a sample first, but you kinda know what you're doing tho, I'm fearing I'll love this and had to get a bottle of it, price not mattering.

dude, there are like a fucking million perfumes with EAU and ACQUA in the name, your autism is of the silliest kind...

Not necessarily, but yes, lots of them has the apellative of "eau de toilette", but not formally included in the name.

Gotta catch 'em all?

L'eau D'issey is none of that; it smells like fizzy lemonade with a light woody drydown. That Terre flanker is the orange without the wood and more emphasis on the floral and doesn't strike me as particularly masuline.

Collector posting an update
Not even gonna pretend I plan on stopping; I know it's pointless to try

>owning multiple CK fragrances besides ckone
u already failed

Nice Collection what do you think of Infusion d'Homme by Prada I enjoyed the woman's
Infusion d'Iris which is similiar in note breakdown so do you find this one very unisex?

Also has anyone tried the Rasasi fragrances Dareej Men or Hatem looking at a blind buy of them?

This one is the Infusion de Vetiver 2010 edition, with notes of tarragon, pepper, vetiver, and ginger. It doesn't smell like any of the individual ingredients, and comes across as a soft and fuzzy spicy soap. I could definitely see it as unisex. It's just not sweet.

best thing I've read on Veeky Forums in awhile.

start mixing breh

Absolutely love it. I've had regular Jazz for 6 years or so and thought I might as well try Live. Jazz was a personal favourite of mine.
To my surprise, it's less of a fougere and more of an aquatic. The slightly sweet top notes really seal the deal for me.
Honestly going to be my scent of the season for late winter early spring (Ausfag btw)

I just bought Lacoste L!ve and I'm realising what the fuck I've done, is there any hope ?

oldfag here

Where do you live? I'm in new york and the janitor in my office building wears aventus

This is the only non-gay thingy posted here. Rest of you can just kill yourself with a large black dildo.

I have one bottle of Quorum, and I like the smell.

It smells really nice I think, but I'm no sure if others would agree.

Has anybody else used this. Does anybody have any opinions on it?

it's probably that Reyane or Armaf clone

well done user, well done...

how much of an heresy would this be?
Is that like ultra-amateur perfumeur 101 playing God?
Any rules to do it?

>noir
#noir_smells_matter

Haven't smelled it yet. But I like the ingredient list.
How's it? Kinda pretty 80's?