this

Manga, not even a contest.

You really shouldn't have to ask.
This is now a Punpun thread.

Literally manga

josei is the Veeky Forumsest manga

Nice fucking manga rec thread OP.
Read a GIrl on the Shore

Mango simply because its much """easier""" and cheaper to produce so there is more of a chance for it to be creative and effay. The author has more freedom.

Anime is nationally televised and it's expensive so the producers have to nake sure it can air and make money from a large audience so it becomes more sterile or cliche to get the $$$.

Just my two cents

manga is the more pure, minimalist artform
just black and white drawings, no studios, voice aacting, CGI etc.

Manga

Manga is infinitely more effay
It's like comparing Hollywood movies to books

neither you fucking losers go outside and learn a sport holy shit

Where can I cop an effay PunPun shirt

Visual Novels are full on masterrace
How can manga/anime even compete?

fuck yes
and kyoko okazaki is so effay

I've never envied an anime hairstyle until 91 Days. I don't even know why

disgusting

manga is more Veeky Forums than anime, but actual books are more Veeky Forums than manga

so pretty much just read books and watch anime for your tv

>you can only have one interest in your life

Manga. Also, Does this look good or is way too garish?.

just search punpun in redbubble nigga

Why do you guys think manga is "more effay"?

Anime also got some really cool stuff too, especially kyoani.
Kyoani's animation is so fucking insane, look at how smooth every motion is.
Don't get me wrong, I read more than I watch, but you guys are way to biased towards anime.

Check this out: youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

>
Who drew this?

>pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=46262001
>pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=49270683
NOTTAMA, i think.

UTENA
T
E
N
A

from which manga is this pic?

Manga, is this even a contest?

its the same thing

more and more normies are watching anime these days. Only fucking weebs read manga and being a weeb is def not effay unless you are trying to fit in with a certain crowd.

manga- this is indisputable

80s & 90s anime
any era manga

gtfo shit taste pleb, wow go kill yourself

I've always preferred manga, if only because it takes less effort and always seemed to have less corporate oversight. Lots of the romance mangas I've read are excellent because they can go off on dark tangents and shit without drawing the ire of some corporate exec scared about not making shit ~moe~

Is there a mangaka who creates more Veeky Forums works than Inio Asano?

>Oyasumi PunPun
>Solanin
>A Girl on the Shore

Whether or not you like the manga, visually I can't find anyone else to compare.

>leaving out the potential manga of the decade DDDDeDeDe

Oh fuck I forgot about that one. How is it? I heard it takes a much lighter tone?

It's basically a deconstruction of slice of life manga, you've got this zany group of very cute, lovable girls being happy and ignorant while the apocalypse is imminent, also there are chapters where the aliens get slaughtered that border on the most horrifying thing he has ever done. It's brilliant and unfairly ignored by some for not fitting in their "sadboy :(" aesthetic.

>deconstruction
Fuck off you pretentious retard.

It's a prime example of deconstructing genre tropes you anti-intellectual idiot. It's the K-on mantra "fun things are fun" that's used to contrast Asano's typically misanthropic world view. Do you think he would just start a happy SOL for the sake of it?

how is she so effay, bros?

manhwa

>Deconstruction
>Genre

>Anime/Manga
>Intellectual
This is some good ass bait, fuck i might even use it some day.

I said deconstructing genre tropes, dude, the genre is slice of life. And I didn't say it was high-brow, it is art as is all entertainment. At least read the post once buddy.

This

my man

Is JoJo Veeky Forums?

Obviously, Araki loves fashion.

pun pun thread?

pun pun is shit
babbys first traced egdefest
asano is a terrible artist

this
pun pun is some shit i would have made in middle school if i knew how to draw

explain what's edgy about it

Manga obviously. Artists don't have to worry about moving animation. This allows them to be as detailed as they want on a page.

Pic Unrelated.

Good series, but it's clearly 100% NOT Veeky Forums.

>Flavor of the month
>English localization

wew

The majority of modern anime are only made to promote light novels or already existing manga series that studios hope to make money off of with merchandise and special edition BDs to tempt seiyuu otaku.

Manga is like an ever-changing expanse where people have the freedom to create stories based off of whatever they want instead of only having to rely on the flavor of the year trend. Being able to self-publish or have series released in magazines that have varying demographics allows more unique work to be made, right now I could go out and buy series about middle-aged singles eating food to ones about competitive ballroom dancing, bullfighting lesbians and the french revolution.