Post-war America

Is it wrong to enjoy the aesthetics, optimism, and culture of the Atomic Age? Was it all just too idealistic to serve any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NEtsFqCY1LY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

of course it is, you racist

no, and stop playing so much fallout

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the aesthetics and culture of the 50's.
Its only when you put it on a pedestal and say there was nuffin wrong going on during that time that I find objectionable.

>we had plastic chairs un shiet

No, but remember that the idealized version that is now part of pop culture has about as much to do with reality as steampunk does with Victorian England.

Racial discrimination had been a common problem throughout history. I find it regrettable of course, but I'm not going to include that in thinking about this, since it had been a problem in previous generations too. Just as I wouldn't fault people for having homophobic thoughts today anymore than back then. But I'm sure you're baiting.

One can't have a discussion on the time without linking it to that game? I'm not here to talk about video games.

Those aren't plastic.

>But I'm sure you're baiting.
of course I am
you'd have to be a fag to not like the 50s.

Oh yeah, of course there was a lot wrong with it. It wasn't some magical problemless time.
Yeah, Like I wouldn't even consider movies from the time as reliable. Do you know of any realistic examples of the time in film or literature?

>materialism
>idealistic

Why not both? It was idealized in that the media showcased an America that wasn't really there.

Outside of F2 and FNV, Fallout is shit.

The last age of positive make role models....

that would be the 80s, really.

It was there, it just wasn't the whole story. Film culture had to progress to the point of wanting to see every day life. When film and television began, they were resources reserved for only the most pleasurable scenes. The things we wanted to be seen the most. After 70 years of being in human culture, video is finally mundane enough to cspture the mundane or grotesque.

The 80s male role model was a pussy masquerading in a real man's skin. The 50's man persona has remained relevant even today...

I can agree with that.

why does it look more aestheticly pleasing and futuristic than today?

Drive-In theaters really are a treat. Thankfully there's still one in operation nearby.

20s-early 60s futurism was GOAT. I want to single out whatever factor lead to the demise of it and art-deco and work my best to build a time machine to stop it.

Because of fucking hippies.

Dem pointy titties. Dem velour pants.

So this is what happens in a white dominated society that is the only country to be both first world and not completely fucking wrecked?

>the absolute madman

Why not single out the factors that lead to it's creation, work your way into a position of power, and foment those factors.

>hey, honkie, I heard you was sayin' we wuzn't fifties n shiet too

because retroactively bringing back futurism just makes it retroism, don't you think?

>What is the Renaissance

fair enough.

do you want architecture design to change or not fag? stop being so idealistic

>googie / raygun gothic shit

Pig disgusting.

can somebody tell me if these cars are 50s or not? I think they could be 60s or early 70s and that I put this in the wrong folder.

as if you aren't only shitting on it because Fallout made it popular with normies.

>90% white

sounds like heaven.

I don't know why people mention Fallout so much, the 50s shit wasn't really a thing in the Fallout universe until F3 and most of Fallout is Mad Max-esque desert raider shit anyway.

Is this West Vaginia?

(kek)
My folder thanks you.

Definitely 60's early 70's.

and Fallout wasn't really a thing with normies until Fallout 3.

Google reverse search gives somewhere in NY State, but as somebody with an Appalachian background I wouldn't have been surprised if it was West Virginia. The two states have similar license plate colors, which doesn't help.

>let me tell you about Koreans

Someone explain this gun to me. Am I looking at it wrong or are those bullets facing the wrong way?

the sad part is that we're so far gone from this that white American industrial workers are almost a humorous thought to me.

>>>reddit

imagine what a crowd this size would look like on an American beach today.

Those bullets would be rotated in the right direction though a sort of complicated mechanism.

Fucking wonder weapons. Besides saving space by putting the magazine flat on the gun, this sounds like it'd jam like a motherfucker every two seconds.

it's for shooting people from around corners. We could have won the war in a week if it had been designed 10 years beforehand.

It got reused later on in this belgian wonder weapon.

looks like the first step towards a Metroid arm cannon. Neat.

>hurr durr fallout
Why do you care so much if somebody has become interested in this via some game? Are those people actively affecting your interests like shitty Steampunkers do it? Doesn't seem like Fallout had this effect

But normies have been interested in 50s esthetics decades before Memellout. See shit like rockabilly.

Or like the entirety of the 80's.
Back to the Future, the B-52's, etc.

it's weird how nostalgia tends to go in cycles of 30 years like that. I remember a lot of shit from the 60s like spy movies and psychedelic imagery/music coming back in the 90s, and the next decade you had stuff like that 70s Show.

We have 80s nostalgia right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEtsFqCY1LY