Would you buy used clothes?

Would you buy used clothes?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/107835125
ebay.com/itm/VTG-VERSACE-Classic-V2-SILK-Dress-Shirt-L-Large-Leopard-Scarf-Print-Gold-Baroque-/252380562750?hash=item3ac30dc53e:g:6g8AAOSwNphWZcBO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the fuck is thrifting to you

I pretty much only buy used clothes. Especially shoes.

I steal them tbqh. It's trash and they get it for free and i am poor

why woudnt you?

yes

Dumb thread, leave reddit scum.

I buy wool sweathers and shawls all the time from thrift stores. Then I unwind them and reknit them and sell them to hipsters for exorbitant prices for being 'upcycled'

80% of my wardrobe is second hand

80% of my wardrobe is thrifted

damn nigga you too

Most of my wardrobe either comes from thrift stores or my dad's closet.

this desu

paying full price for clothes is a meme

It's called thrifting OP

Basically this. Occasionally mix in something expensive

I want to try but I hate entering used goods shops unless theyre books

95% of what I own is used. clothing, books, records, electronics, games, etc.

the only clothes I don't buy used are heavily discounted or rare.

wtf all these thrift brothers and Veeky Forums is still super high fashion/rich nigga dominated. glad to see we're not all brand whores here :-)

how says you cant find rare shit in thrift
i got myself gucci,prada,lv,burberry,brioni,valentino,mmc when thrifting
i dont wanna spend 500 bucks for a tee shirt my famalam

You're fucking retarded OP.

Who wouldn't buy clothes from a thrift store? They've got some of the best shit.

only buying shit from previous seasons is the true meme that middle income fashionistas have to abide by because they have no choice

i live in the LA area and there are always nice brands available

I would but I'm such a skinnyfag that finding stuff that fits is a motherfucker. Plus I live in Florida so 95% of the shit you find thrifting is really bad dadcore or welfare-core

What is grailed.

Give it back, Jamal.

i have shit tons of money and even if i buy things on season, i never wear them that season. it just makes you look like an asian rich boy, or the dorky kid from harvard westlake prep school in LA whose absentee dad got him $25k store credit at slp to make up for never being there. instead, i keep things and wear them two seasons in the future, so when people ask "where did you get that" i just say "lol its from two seasons ago" and none of them can copy me

thrifting is really important for a good wardrobe, it's also the only way to buy shit that was actually made in america or western europe or whatever. nothing you buy today is made in those places. america = saipan, europe = guest workers from china sitting in a workshop in italy.

don't be a fucking ignorant rich boy thinking your brand new shit is cool, it isn't, it means you're nouveau riche and you don't know how to wear shit without looking like a dorky ssense model

But IRL literally no one cares or notices either way.

I can pretty much guarantee that you've had to tell people "its from two seasons ago" or whatever gay shit you said in your post less times than you can count on one hand.

Literally no one cares about what you're actually wearing. Some people notice that it looks good, an extremely small percentage will want to copy you, and most people literally couldn't give any less of a fuck if they tried, cause theyre not even aware of your efforts.

Same.
Most of my most precious wardrobe pieces are second hand / thrifted. You can find amazing stuff if you're willing to look.

how poor are you jfc

I mean your typical thrift store has like $2 shirts and $10 jeans how can you not afford that you degenerate

Not him, but I get quite a few people asking me where I got something I'm wearing. Maybe it just depends on the life/career you have. If you aren't around people all the time, obviously it'll happen less.

It's not always about emulation, in some cases people are just being nice (if it's not asked almost immediately, it might just be to carry the conversation; I do it all the time), or because they like the style and want to know the store, assuming they carry other similar shit.

Buying shit on sale is smart, though you're likely to lose out on certain items that will sell out. But buying shit from a couple years ago just to say "heh, they don't make it anymore troll face" just makes you sound like an autistic dork.

Of course, holy shit. The thrift stores I regularly visit keep them in pretty nice condition too. Yay Harajuku

What kind of stuff is best found at thrift stores? I was thinking mainly flannels/dress shirts with nice patterns but what else? Is it good for China's and jeans and shit too?

Depends on where you are and what kind of thrift stores you have. Good jeans are easy to thrift where I am; lots of stores stock standard Evisu and Levi stuff and I've seen Margiela, Dries van Noten, KVA and Visvim jeans in one of the stores I frequent,

I'm in Toronto so I'm sure there's some decent stuff, may not be the absolute best tho

I can always find something when I go thrifting, whether it's just a scarf, or jeans, or shoes, or a sweater, there's always something.
It's not always designer, but there's always good pieces. The last high end I found was about a month ago, some classic Ferragamo loafers that looked like new, for $8. But, there's always something. Went thrifting just a couple days ago, and found some silk button down shirts, a badass jacket for the fall, and some decent t-shirts.

thrifting is great t.bh. Even if it's not designer there are still a lot of nice quality garments on the low.

Yesterday I scored an unused Calvin Klein suit jacket and matching pants (found seperately but perfect match), and three dress shirts all in my boyfriend's size for $11.50 plus tax.

For someone who have never been to thrift store it sounds surreal.

The key is to go on a regular basis. I go every two days. Sometimes I'll go four or five visits before I cop anything good.

It also helps if you have basic or even advanced sewing skills.

Ive bought suit jackets and pants that were big/had unflatteting cuts and have restyled them. My boyfriend's all time favorite work suit was cut and styled from a size 56 jacket and 3xl pants which I got for probably $6 total.

Its also a good way to get practice doing that kind of work too since you can get a cheap pair of dress pants and not worry too much about screwing them up. You cant buy material to make your own clothes for cheaper.

almost all of my clothes were bought used. I'm not rich.

>Tfw Ohio thrift stores are filled with old man jackets and baggy carpenter jeans

where do you go? I'm in scarborough so the only thing interesting ever in the value villages here is like esprit or the occasional brooks brothers shirt that's way too large for my famine-tier Asian frame.

Buying clothes second hand is how I was able to have a closet full of designer clothes

But you have access to some killer stoneware, both vintage and modern
I'm jealous
vimeo.com/107835125

i saw a full zegna suit in a charity shop
didn't cop because i haven't had the need for a suit yet

in toronto we only have like value village they JACK the prices, idk if the same for that user

Dude here there are recycling centers that run stores; like if an aerosol can has paint left in it, half-full bottles of car wax, etc.....and it's all free
You can find some insane shit at them sometimes , like titanium walking poles

I got these at a thrift store and a garage sale

>what did he mean by this?

When slacker-core comes back in 15 years you'll be ready
But it's already falling out

>what did he mean by this

Not when you're an engineering student

Is Goodwill a decent thrift store?

I'd say it REALLY depends on the Goodwill. Generally, don't expect anything amazing your first trip but try to go there every now and again.

I'm going to 3 massive goodwills in Tulsa, Oklahoma. So, idunno.

>buying used shoes
everyone's feet and gait are different dog, new shoes always wear in more comfortably

how's middle school treating you?

we have more than that but a lot less variety ever since goodwill closed (though it is returning)

i got some rad skinnies in san francisco at this place called the buffalo exchange.

depop and ebay are always a good bet too.

budding thriftfag here, i mostly look out for milsurp when i'm thrifting, but other than that i look out for levis jeans and 90s adidas tracksuits because i find them comfy, what are some other price or quality-wise valuable brands i should look out for?

Union made satin jackets are common
Always go through the outerwear item by item cuz you never know what you'll find
I check the suits too just in case there's something really special
Basically made in USA nutmeg or Champion gear, LL Bean jackets, American leather, anything heavy duty

No

You can't be older than 15.

is getting second hand stuff from ebay worth it? no thrift stores in my area

where you live?

I'm in Seattle and do to the popularity of thrifting I've never found anything luxury. Got some helmut lang pants once but that was at crossroads not the will.

I've only ever purchased underwear from a retailer.
Everything else is from thrift store.
I don't really know what to look for, I just buy what looks comfy.

I have no style and dress like shit, but at least I'm comfy and save $$$$$.

Saw you in another thread with long hair. Just get it cut?

Idk what style to show to stylist.

IDK is it?

ebay.com/itm/VTG-VERSACE-Classic-V2-SILK-Dress-Shirt-L-Large-Leopard-Scarf-Print-Gold-Baroque-/252380562750?hash=item3ac30dc53e:g:6g8AAOSwNphWZcBO

No caring thrifting gf to buy me clothes

(.__.) (;___;)

>live in large american city
>visit thrift/consignment stores in rich areas
>buy designer items for very little
>sell them for at least twice what i paid on grailed to residents of flyover states who don't have the same thrifting opportunities i do

feels great to be entirely honest

WOW I must be a retard then. I've only thrifted once and usually buy tons of shit from retailers. It's always on sale but still...wtf is my life

>Live in NYC
>Designer clothes are always marked up becuase designer

Feels bad man

How much money would you guys say you spend on clothes per year?

too fucking much

going thrifting on my next day off.

always left a bad taste in my mouth when people justify shoplifting from Goodwill - or worse any other thrift shop that is not Goodwill - its like, its wrong. Anyway you spin it its stupid, and embarrassing. Like you have to be really fucking desperate to at least not try to shoplift from a retail store considered worth a damn, but changing the price tag on 12 dollar shirt so its now 4 dollars because it didn't have the color of the day tag etc etc etc

what the fuck man

yes and I do.
fak of

the only clothes i would by new is jeans because my Veeky Forums legs and ass are very particular

Exorbitant wealth-core on the down low.

>previous seasons
>following yearly memes
why? be original for once.

Fuck do you mean NO?

I don't want to buy new shoes. I buy good condition second hand shoes. I don't like directly supporting shit companies by giving them money. I'd rather pay a thrift store or a random person. Better than them throwing them away.