- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10417589
newscientist.com/article/2087378-smart-second-skin-reduces-eye-bags-and-wrinkles-or-so-it-seems/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would using Paulas Choice AHA 8% Exfoliator in the morning and Tretinoin Topical Gel at night be too harsh?

pic is me

That sounds harsh. Stick to just one major source of exfoliation at a time.
Over exfoliation can speed up the long term aging process

alright sure.

how bout adding a vitamin C serum with tretinoin? idk if tretinoin is enough lookin at my face

Can I get a review of my routine? I've normal/ combination skin.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Occasionally some Walgreens generic exfoliant
Eau Thermale Avène Gentle Toner
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with sunscreen SPF 50+

How long have you been at it?

Thoughts on Snail mucin?

Is it worth trying?

>washing face with cold water every morning after waking up
>warm water in the shower, just staring to the showerhead for a couple minutes
>washing face once more with cold water after shower (if shaving is required, its before this)
>drinking a lot of water during the day
>cold water every evening

i dont use soap or any skincare on my face at all, my skin is clean as fuck

i used to do clearasil but it made these tiny pimples appear on my nose

I did read somewhere that vitamin E directly on the scar will make them fade on long run, can someone confirm ?

why not google it?

2nd result for "vitamin e scar" yielded:

>CONCLUSIONS: This study shows that there is no benefit to the cosmetic outcome of scars by applying vitamin E after skin surgery and that the application of topical vitamin E may actually be detrimental to the cosmetic appearance of a scar. In 90% of the cases in this study, topical vitamin E either had no effect on, or actually worsened, the cosmetic appearance of scars. Of the patients studied, 33% developed a contact dermatitis to the vitamin E. Therefore we conclude that use of topical vitamin E on surgical wounds should be discouraged.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10417589

doesn't seem rosy tbhfam

Is skin bleaching something that can be properly achieved Veeky Forums? Information is all over the internet with some people saying that it's achievable and possible to do well and some saying you'll get skin cancer and die. Give it to me straight Veeky Forums. I just want to be lighter without buying some cheap third world country garbage that will permanently screw me over. Recommend me something if you can. BTW I'm not black but I would like to be lighter

Pic unrelated.

I'd say almost three weeks now. Prior to that I was just exfoliating excessively because I was ignorant.

I had mild acne when I was younger because of a shit diet but after starting this up I guess I can say my skin feels nicer. I didn't really take note of my condition before starting.

Since there is ALWAYS questions in this thread about problems with acne and breakouts, I'll let you in on the perfect solution. It's from a south korean skin care co. (Elizavecca)
> Milky Piggy Sea Salt Cream
Works miracles.

Mederma works pretty well.

After you put it on it hardens into a crust though and can flake off so instead of putting it on in the day its good to put some on your scar before you go to bed and then rub some moisturizer over it do it dosn't flake off.

Any hope for healing ice pick scars?

test

testosterone

Can someone recommend me something for back acne? I'm 21 years old and I strungle with it since I was 16.

5-10% benzoyl peroxide and sleeping with a t-shirt that you can stand getting bleached

otherwise just get a small dose of 'tane

thanks, I'll give it a try

Any anons use face masks?
Picked up some lava shit by 'kyoku' and it seems pretty good.

Pic related

is there anyway to get rid of blackheads other than extraction?

laser resurfacing my dude

How can I even get rid of zits and pimples on my back? I can't stand them, please help. I've fixed my diet, eating less, drinking more water. I have only 1(one) zit on my face now but my back hasn't changed. What do?

use kelo-cote. my doc recommended it, it really works to minimize scarring. kind of expensive though– if you're broke, vitamin e oil does work to heal scars, just less efficiently

going to the derm tomorrow to pretty much start the process of accutane. thank Had acne for the last few years its killed my confidence and just been there despite trying multiple topical and oral treatments. Having pale completion makes it super visible and red too. feelsgoodman to finally accept this is what I have to do and just get this shit gone before I scar my face even more

how do I deal with clogged pores on forehead? I used to exfoliate with a physical exfoliator but i think it made me breakout so I stopped.

Someone pls. Advice on what I'm missing if anything and what I may be doing wrong?
Yeah. Have experience with bentonite clay. Quick on and off with apple cider vinegar but the high end stuff seems unnecessary.
Have you tried a chemical exfoliant?

should I spot treat before or after my moisturizer

I get tiny blackheads around the bottom corners of my mouth, and whiteheads and blackheads on my forehead crease. Any tips to deal with them?

WHY DOES EVERYONE BUT ME HAVE GOOD SKIN
WHY
WHY
WHY
>watch game developer diary
>all the nerdy fat devs have good skin
WHAT THE FUUUCCCCKKK

makeup

Do ABA/BHA toners also act as exfoliants? Or do I need to use a separate exfoliatant along with the toner?

I have oily skin, and have to use oil absorbing sheets during the day.

I wash my face with Aveeno face wash, then use some Aveeno moisturizer but no matter what, 4-5hrs later (sooner if it's warmer out) my face has a bunch of oil coating it.

What do?

Does anti-ageing stuff actually combat ageing or just tighten up the skin?

Can I use it when young to look better when old?

No, and in fact, most of them are the same shit and actually contain things that age the skin faster. Same thing with chapstick (makes lips cracked, making you buy more).

There is this though, so keep your fingers crossed for the future:

newscientist.com/article/2087378-smart-second-skin-reduces-eye-bags-and-wrinkles-or-so-it-seems/

>most of them are the same shit and actually contain things that age the skin faster.

>Same thing with chapstick (makes lips cracked, making you buy more).

a source that isn't HuffPo or whatever would be great

could be the dimethicone in the moisturizer that is adding this oily layer to your skin

tried not using it?

whats a good, not super expensive chemical exfoliator?

Help?

My skin looks like people of 28 year old eventhough i am only 21..what shall i do? Help please!

I could deal with my acne for the most part,

but the bit im most self conscious about is how my nose + skin around that area is all red. how do i make it "normal" ?

they're mild chemical exfoliants because they contain AHA and BHA. they both make skin shed faster. there are physical exfoliants that do it faster, do. higher concentrations of AHA will literally peel skin of you though

you only need more exfoliation if you have a lot of dead skin cells

put your skincare on in order of product thickness:
>toner
>serum/spot treatments/etc
>moisturizer
>eye cream
>sunscreen always last

i wash my face in the morning, go out at 7am and come back around 3pm. then i wash it again before sleep
after all of this time, till i get home, my face is completely greasy and oily
what should i do senpai, should i just start washing my face thrice a day?

wash less actually

wait a couple of days and see what happens.

What do you guys do for teeth whitening?

Looking to get them a bit less yellow without going to a dentist

Currently brushing and mouthwash 2x day, flossing before bed

Not really skin but still face-related and figured you guys would know more about it than random schmucks in the fuccboi general

Does anyone know what this is and what to do about it? I have this for like ten years now and I tried everything, washing twice a day, not washing, using various cleaning gels, not using any, using lotion, washing my bed sheets every day etc, the list goes on.

Basically when I don't use any products it gets dry as fuck, flaky and red after showering, when I use cream the pimples start to spread immediately, even if it just something water based.

Right after showering it looks the worst.

already tried that, my skin will break out, be greasy and just gross

Ingrown hairs from shaving.

nah man I don't grow much hair there

Stop using those oil sheets. They make your face over produce oil in the long run. If necessary just splash your face with cold water throughout the day to remove some oil

So I've recently finished a long round of antibiotics and other treatments prescribed to get rid of acne, and I'm happy to say it's worked. However, after many years of having it I'm stuck with a general redness on my face, and very light acne scarring that shows up when I'm in the right light.

The point of this is I've been considering getting microdermabrasion to fix this, but it's a lot of money, and I'm wondering anons thoughts on this. Anyone else had it in the past, or know anyone?

Bro, just get an exfoliating towel/glove and rub your face with it in the shower till your face starts to tingle.

Do this 2/3 days a week. Save your money.

Pls help.
My current routine is cleanser, PC 2% BHA gel, moisturizer. Where should I fit a clay mask into this routine?
I was thinking before moisturizer but is exfoliating+clay mask too harsh?

microdose accutane

You could always get them professionally whitened, which is like ~$500 I think. Or you can get whitening strips

Besides that, drink lots of water and eat lots of apples. Use a tongue cleaner after brushing and alcohol free fluoride rinse after you use mouthwash

my skin is developing this fucking weird texture and I don't know if it's the exfoliation or what.
currently using
am
> cetaphil
pm
> cetaphil
> stridex 2%
plz halp

Yo, that looks like slight dermatitis to me

What's the best vitamin c serum?

my skin literally looks like sandpaper in direct sunlight, how the fuck do I get smooth skin Veeky Forums this shit is driving me nuts

Hey, i need help.
so, my beard grows everyday and a while ago i just shaved everyday because i fucking hate beard so much, but now a day mi skin seems to be very rusty (like razor burns on my cheeks) and it seems very bad overall, i want to get my old smooth skin back, so what should i do? like any kind of routine or something? mask or things like that? help would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Does anyone use baby oil after the shower?

I have the same problem. Using a sunscreen/moisturizer in the morning and at night has helped a lot.

not sure if this helps but i used to have frequent acne breakouts and combined with my oily skin + tendency to sweat my face was a real fucking mess

went on a hiking trip for 2-3 days out over 2 weeks, sweating a fuck ton and being in the sun a lot and my face just cleared up

been 3 months since and my face is still perfectly fine

How the fuck do I get rid of laugh lines besides not laughing