Photo general

If anyone here knows how to take effay portraits now is the time to share this knowledge. In few simple points and protips, would be peachy. Also photo general

just go on /p/

this is for people who don't care about photography just good Instagram selfies

totally agree. That's all I'm asking for

what's the smallest amount i need to spend on a camera to get really good quality pictures? Should I just buy an outdated DSLR used?

That will totally work. Unexperienced people won't be able to tell the difference anyway.

/p/ is awful. avoid /p/ there's better portraits on Veeky Forums

learned this last year in college at a house party and it's served me well ever since
for ez selfies: hold phone above your head and to the left/right, looking up at your phone at an angle. dunno how to explain it desu but try it and you'll see what I mean

you kinda look like a fuccboi doing it but w/e

also for taking real portraits use a grid and use the rule of thirds (Google) and put one of the points on one of your eyes or whatever

example?

Are you or
?

bump

>know nothing about photography
>buy expensive film camera with aperture priority mode
>use aperture priority mode and the lowest aperture possible
>take pics of your friends
>???
>congratulation you're a photographer now

get a $50 used dslr with at least 5 megapixels

point and shoots and phones suck dick

i spent $10 on a used film camera on eBay and have gotten great results.

This. So much this. As a semi-pro photographer I can say that this a thousand times.

you can get a t2i or t3i for dirt cheap these days

selfies are lame

official photo ranking goes

picture with friends>pic of you traveling>pic w/ gf>pic of u playing a sport>>>power gap>>>selfies

add one point if taken with cool film camera for

a e s t h e t i c

selfies make you look like a dumb 16 year old girl.

been looking at contax t2 lately
any other cams youd rec?

Not user but the Canonet QL17 is a great bargain rangefinder.
Mine became jammed by a poorly timed beer can explosion, and I replaced it with a Ricoh GR, haven't touched any other camera in my collection since.