Are Cowboy Hats the "fedora" of the American South?

Are Cowboy Hats the "fedora" of the American South?

No.

I saw about 1000 of these during the RNC. I wonder if they wear them all the time, or only when TV camera's are pointed at them.....

It's a Special Occasion or Going out sort of thing

Texas here. No

Seconding this. I'm from Texas and nobody except ranch workers and really old guys wear them here.

not at all.
another texas fag here, stop trying to meme my culture.

Would it be weird if a filipino, like me, went around wearing it all the time? I'd still wear one regardless of what you boys think.

You'd probably look like a Mexican so no one would care really

can I wear one if I'm 5'6?

I wear one but I'm Arizonan. I like how much it pisses off nerds. I also deserve to wear one and I hate all these faggots from California and Chicago who keep moving here.

any brimmed hat is fedora tier desu

You are why I wear it.

I'm Asian and live in Cali but I always fuckin loved cowboy hats, should I get one or nah?

It's part of regional traditional formal wear among among successful and socially well adjusted people, so no, pretty much the opposite.

I've never seen someone wearing a cowboy hat.

anyone can wear it as long as you do manual labor. anyone else who wears it is literally garbage.

I imagine you don't live in the American south then? I live in Ohio and we get people wearing them up here even

No

I live in Eastern Kentucky, not close in geography or lifestyle to the West, and all men wear cowboy hats

Yeah man

Not at all. In fact in Texas a good hat can really pull an outfit together. There's nothing honky tonk girls love more than a guy in a cowboy hat.

Hmm
Fair enough.
But would I get socked if I imitated a texan accent? Not really to insult but just to joke around.

I saw him live a few months ago. He looked pretty striking in that hat.