Hair

how do you wash your hair? and how often

im feeling like im new into life

I couple of weeks
It dries out my hair a lot (although this maybe be due to the shampoo) but it always goes super curly and straggly which I don't like

*every couple of weeks

i was washing them like everyday but few days ago i found out that this just destroy my hair so im just askin how to do this properly

bump for interest

Only after working out (three times a week)

cmon faggots are you not washing hairs????????????????????????

Everyday

baldmuhn

It's been almost 5 days for me and its gone to pure grease

Every second day or so.

But only like once a week/two weeks with shampoo.

About 3-4 times a week. I only use conditioner because my hair is dry and its looks dull when i use schampoo. And no it doesnt get greasy/smell bad, people tell me its smells pretty nice

I cannot even fathom how would hair 'smell bad'.

Like does head hair ever have any smell that isn't from shampoo/conditioner?

but every secound day you just flush them with water or some shampoos too?

Re-read my post and think hard.

Wash? Never. Rinse with water? Every single day, massaging my hair like I would if I was using shampoo.

Hair literally only gets washed when I go to the hairdressers

disgusting

For the past month I did no poo and only using conditioner and I've been losing hair. Like the front of my hair is thinning out so much it looks like I'm balding. Never trusting Veeky Forums again.

>month
Well duh, that's why. Doctors do say no poo is OK but two weeks is the absolute maximum you can go without it.

not at all

That's just your shitty balding genes.

use a sulfate-free shampoo once a week, otherwise just rinse and apply leave-in conditioner

Calling it right now that you're very new, or have never been in a hair general here. Or read up on how to keep your locks healthy outside of the chans. Shampoo actually isn't great for a most people's hair.

Your hair will be clean if you wash it thoroughly with water

Is hot water or cold water better for showers guys? I like hot because it's comfy but cold is really uncomfortable.

citation needed

cold water makes your hair shinier

>Your hair will be clean if you wash it thoroughly with water

Usually when I just use water, it feels a lot greasier and thicker. Am I doing it wrong somehow?

I wash my hair every 4 days or so
day one: shampoo & condition
day two: water only
day three: water only (maybe dry shampoo)
day four: water only & dry shampoo if I didn't yesterday
day five: day one again & repeat
I have thin, almost shoulder length hair hair so the dry shampoo helps buildup and makes it look thicker.

Everyday with a no silicones/sulphates/parabens/colourants shampoo because I put styling products in it when I go outside and if I don't it quickly gets greasy anyway. Sometimes put coconot oil in my hair a little while before showering as well.

Every third day generally, that's also the same day I apply my BHA and AHA. I have to use shampoo since I apply ricin oil pre-shower, then I use the shampoo to wash it out. After that I use a leave on conditioner with argan oil and then step in the shower for a second time after like 5 mins

Don't buy into the no poo meme.
My bf has been doing it for almost half a year now. No positives, just looks oily / dirty to me. Feels bad as well.

After and before buzz respectively, howd I do?

Both good imo.
Depends on your general style.

I have long wavy hair. I wash it every three days, any sooner than that and my hair is frizzy and dry, and more and it's greasy as fuck. When I don't wash it, I wear a shower cap. I'm using a TRESemmé shampoo atm. Ideally in the future I wanna experiment with shampoos that contain natural ingredients instead (no silicones, parabens, sulphates etc) and see how that goes. Work shampoo into a lather, get substantial coverage of scalp. cup my hands into a 'claw' and use a front to back motion while wriggling my finger tips, starting at my widows peak, and massaging upwards against my scalp towards the back of my head gently, to ensure I don't tangle and pull out hair. Use water that's not too hot, only apply conditioner from the ears down, rinse with cold water. Wring my hair out gently with my hands and blot with a clean towel, apply small amount of coconut oil to the ends to lock in moisture and protect from split ends. Let it air dry, because heat damages it. If you absolutely need to hair dry or straighten it, use a heat protectant spray. When completely dry, brush it out with a boar bristle hair brush. Sleep on a silk pillowcase.

It's not just him, it's ambiguous to me, too. Can you clarify instead of being condescending?

>Did not work for my faggot ass boyfriend, therefore it won't work for every single person in the entire world despite all the evidence proving the contrary

Thanks user, real solid advice

What does good hair feel like? I have to check mine now.

Depends. What kind of product do you use in your hair? Is it water soluble?

Do you just have naturally greasy hair? If you do, no poo probs isn't for you bro

i wash my hair like once a week. condition a couple times. idk what im supposed to actually do but i use sea salt spray to style my hair, so i wouldnt know if it gets greasy. i could say it looks healthier but that could just be my imagination too.

I'm black so cowash every week wash every two weeks.

I know of (white) people whose hair will smell like goat after a week or so without shampooing.

Just with water when I shower, daily in the summer, every other day more or less in winter. Use shampoo only when I actually dirty my hair with dirt or w/e and at the end of beach season to remove remains of salt and sand that dry my hair

is this what guys worry about

I a have a lot of hair, down to my back

I shampoo it every 3 or so days, condition afterwards

between those days, i just soak it with cold water

I never use styling products or a blow dryer or anything.

pic related is good for general hair advice

Its stuff you have to do anyway, you put a bit of thought in it and get a routine, you just skipped the thought part because it just werks for you, other people have a bit higher maintenance hair

triggered

I have seborrhea dermatitis and I use this ketoconazole 2% shampoo that dries the ever living shit out of my hair. I use it about once or twice a week.

I wish I could do no-poo or just wash with conditioner. I don't know what's worse dry, flaking, itchy scalp or dry hair that looks like wires.

Yeah, thats though, a few girl friends of mine started no poo when I did a few months ago but they had to give it up because of dandruff

ok bud

hair shouldn't be soaked with lukewarm water?

Have any of you guys tried this? It's pretty good, it makes your hair look like you just came from the beach
And it smells fucking great

everyday, I only use shampoo every other day

You fucked up, but if you got a legendary jawline, than no

its dope.

I workout almost everyday, any tip to not wash it daily?

Don't work out

you're going to get all muscley and gross anyway

fuck off skelly skinny fat fag.

to be honest, I have absolutely no clue whether it makes a difference or not. however i do know using cold water during a shower makes a pretty big difference in how you come out looking (less red, pores less "open"), and that heat damages hair, so you might as well just use cold water.

though in all honesty, lukewarm probably wouldn't hurt you.