Long Hair General

General for boys with mane.

I want hair like this but I have dangerously straight hair, would it be wise to invest in curl boosting shampoo and conditioner and maybe a salt spray?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SY9QaHHq9v8?t=1m55s
youtube.com/watch?v=_2X0oK_Xl1s
feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Genetics man, gotta embrace your straight hair.

That'd mean cutting it, which is no because Ive spent a year getting to where I am and if I can deal with that shit then I can definitely work around my flat fine hair

Maybe try a curling cream, how long is it?

If you get it long you can sleep with your hair in braids and stuff and make it more curly/wavy. Salt spray will also do some good and add some texture.
Idk about curl boosting shampoo but you could always try it

I already have curly hair but when I put it into a bun it goes mega curly, try that?

Kinda hard to get solid measurements but ill guesstimate

Top length goes maybe half an inch past my chin, sides go lil past halfway down my neck and my back goes probs a centimeter past my neck

Then you'd have to wear curling rollers every night when you sleep or buy a curling rod, there's barely anything you can do if your hair is already pin straight. It will also likely straighten itself out during the day/lose its shape if you don't use a lot of hairspray.

There's also perms but that's literally getting your hair chemically melted and reshaped and it could easily wind up looking like shit if it's done by a bad stylist.

Do you sleep with it? Any bun or a top knot?

This does work for me but trying to learn how to braid my own hair is a bitch, any advice on making it easier ?

I only put it in a bun during the day, slept with it once, hair was fucked in the morning.

I might've exaggerated, my hair isn't pin straight but it's definitely p fucken straight, I think that braids are the way to go. And since my hair is straight would it just be easier to go for a style like this, where only the ends really get flashy? I think sleeping in a regular or fishtail braid would do the trick.

When I did braid my hair and sleep with it the curls lasted a cool 4 days (because I didn't shower)

I'll do this tonight since I work at a restaurant which requires I tie my hair anyways, thanks for the advice user

don't forget to post inspo

Just remember to lightly comb it, so it doesn't knot.

>tfw will never have hair like this

why live

hair goal

How did he keep it from falling in his face constantly?

Training to comb over to the left side.
> Why ask?

thin hair what do

I mean without actually putting it back.

after a shower, comb some light mousse or gel in ya hair, part it into like 2x2 cm segments and twist into tight coils. do both clockwise and counter clockwise, let dry, part gently and you should have corkscrews.

i'd recommend buying aveda's be curly curl enchancer, works wonders in my experience

is this a good look?

its not impossible senpai

>tfw hair is finally getting some length to it
>not sure if I could get it cut because I think it feels damaged

sheeeiiit. wat do

Suffer another month if you can then trim the split ends.

>hair is over a foot long at the front
>bored of having long hair for 6 years

Is it worth cutting short because I fancy a change?

>6 years

yeah I could see why'd you want to change that

I'm growing out my hair, but it's currently in that awkward in between stage which just looks goofy. Any recommendations on how to make the most of this length/style?

youtu.be/SY9QaHHq9v8?t=1m55s

I want to see some guys with actual long hair. Post yourselves so I can gawk at u

goals

ok but I turned my self into a spooky ghost sorry

Very cute, sweetie. But I meant long hair.

What's the difference between clay, pomade, and gel?

I'm have thick curly/wavy hair but it gets frizzy shortly after shower. I never used any products besides shampoo/conditioner before and trying to get something to tame frizz.

>

though im still growing it out definitely

Good boy. Now post a picture of your arm for me.

'no'

And why not?

bcuz u r a fag

All of that stuff is more for volume/style/hold/etc. If you want to control frizz (short of straightening your hair) you really need some sort of oil. I personally use argan oil.

How do you apply the argan oil?

You got me.

Same man.
I just cut my hair to shoulder lenght and it feels way better so I'm going to stick with it for some tome.

I have no idea what to do with my hair except keep growing it out.

Is there something else I could do with it that would look better?

Just rub it into your hair?

Update. 1.5 years from a buzz

such a long time for mediocre length. sigh

4th and 5th from top looks best.

I know. My hair grows so goddamn slow

>long hair

flyover state as fuck now, dead and abandoned to the influential people

long hair never goes out of style, just like flannel

4 and 6 were best

they would all look better with should length hair...except maybe the guy on far right

yeah but that doesn't look nearly as cool when you're all headbanging synchronized on stage like a bunch of goons
youtube.com/watch?v=_2X0oK_Xl1s

>that
>awkward stage
You have no clue, my man.

>wear a hat

About a year from a crew cut
Is this the awkward stage?

you are just getting into the awkward stages, just wait until your hair is about the length of your head

james may core, I like it

it depends on who wears it. fabio looked horrible

Finn?

Are there any long hair styles that a black could get besides dreads? I love long hair but I couldn't do it anymore

Pic related

Maybe something really layered like this if your hair is straight or wavy.
If your hair is super curly, then I don't know.

Its been growing for ten months, how is it lads?

short

slick it back maybe?
idk but it looks ok for now

It's typical black people hair, I currently have an Afro. Idc how crazy it is just give me any cool idea, I can't live without long hair

nope

suave

I have a perm so my hair is curly and down. I'm disappointed because it still grows but it hasn't noticeably grown in a year

so you will tell me you cant see any difference between your hair a year ago and now? picture pls

I really haven't seen much of a difference and I don't cut my hair. The pic is from the first time and I usually have to do it every two or 3 months. there are signs my hair does grow but I haven't seen any real leangth

Goals

Should I cut my hair or..?

He is unbelievabley gorgeous, I wish I could look like him so much.

oooo

The best you could hope for is just keep growing and have long and frizzy/curly hair like pic.

Hate to say, but that's just how it is. Hair that tightly curled takes eons to grow out because the texture itself eats up so much of the length.
I'd say you still have about 1 - 1.5 years until it reaches a decent shoulder length and starts being "long" hair.

The best thing I think you could do is brush it back nicely, take some of the rattyness out of it, and wear it back for awhile. Maybe with a headband if it gets in the way too much.

Hair thread? It was longer before my hair lady butchered it

>my hair lady butchered it
If you just wanted a trim, you should have done it yourself. Hairdressers ALWAYS cut too much off.

feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

I do not trust myself with scissors.

Your hair still looks fucking tight though. Loving it.

did he get a rhinoplasty or something? his nose looks straighter

were you in fleet foxes

Yes, actually.

>have long hair
>people expect me to care
Lmao fucking normies

what product is good on long hair to give it that shiny but wet look? pic related I find sexy.
hair is roughly same length color and texture as his

Cool bait

He's so damn good looking too bad his personality overpowers his good looks

wow the guy on the far right

Pomade

Thanks guys, I do love it just wish it was longer, trying to tie it back but it's pretty tight and never doing it before it I need help sometimes. I don't like brushing it but I detangle it so it keeps it's style.

Tbh my hair came out like this by accident but since its like this I kind of want my hair to turn up more like pic related or the actor Jason Momoa but a little shorter

>not caring about your appearance

back to /r9k/

I currently have a long version of 'short sides long top' haircut; if I want to grow it longer, do I need to have a buzzcut and start from there or do I just keep growing it and then later cut it or?

depends on how your hair grows. I buzzed my hair and let it grow and I've noticed the back grows faster than the sides and bangs, so I end up with a mullet that needs a trimming every now and again. You could start with a long, messy HY but obviously the bangs will be noticeably longer.

In my opinion just let it keep growing. You're probably a few months in which is good progress, just don't be afraid to get a few trimmings/clean ups every now and again.

>tfw you will never look like prime Robert Plant

what should I do Veeky Forums? should I just cut my hair to a Charlie Heaton hair style or should I keep growing my hair out? also wtf is going on with my hair on this pic

my hair's like this but light brown
it's ok but it's way too frizzy