Would socrates smoke weed?

Would socrates smoke weed?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20140528-do-animals-take-drugs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I doubt it. Even back then, it would be intuitive that smoke inhalation would have some form of negative impact on the body, and socrates was pretty in tune with fitness requirements. So, I'd say no.

No, it clouds and dulls the mind.

>Contrarian jackass philosopher who claimed he could drink for days without getting drunk
>Wouldn't smoke weed

I'd wager he would

>Contrarian jackass """""""""""""""philosopher"""""""""""""""

ftfy

You think this greek philospher knows smoking is bad for him? Can he let the medical professionals for the next thousand years know?

The ancient Greeks were aware of cannabis.

They just thought it was one of those girly things that people from Asia did, like makeup and opium.

They considered wine the only manly, civilized recreational drug.

Medical professionals actively denied it because they were being payed off by tobacco companies. Smoke inhalation being harmful to the body is intuitive, especially for someone who said that each man is responsible for his own physcial health and fitness

>Even back then, it would be intuitive that smoke inhalation would have some form of negative impact on the body

you are fucking retarded. we have been smoking since we have had fire. fucknut cavemen all around the world probably tried inhaling fire smoke (or things they burned in the fire) the same way a kid tried sticking a finger up his ass. there's no intuition with something unknown, and it's human nature to explore it

>we have been smoking since we have had fire
[citation needed]

what is more likely my scholarly friend, that the human race had fire and never inhaled any of the smoke, intentionally or not, or, dudes had figured out what sort of plants' and leaves' smoke they liked to burn and inhale long before they even had the words to describe them?

fuck man we were smoking tobacco and even manufactured tobacco for the longest time as an "enlightened" civilization with no apparent concern for any sort of long term deadliness. I find it cute you think some old ass philosopher would ascribe to your hippy sense of what would be "natural" for the body

First off: 18+

Second: Understanding that smoke inhalation is harmful in some aspect to the body is completely intuitive. Smoke goes in lungs. You cough. Smoking bad. Denial of that fact and preference for the results is what leads to smoking culture and practice.

Yeah but we're talking about weed and the subtext of this post is acid

DUDE

Not that user, but why did smoking tobacco in america or cannabis in eurasia come about then? Even if it was discovered accidentally by burning a particular plant inside your tent and noticing effects, it was obviously popular among many people even if they didn't discover it themselves.

Plenty of animals even seem to have a curiosity towards drugs.

bbc.com/future/story/20140528-do-animals-take-drugs

Religion is what led to smoking practices. are you actually this sheltered? must be from /a/

its been around since at least 5000 BC. drinking is terrible and gross at first, and that would be counter intuitive, but the benefits outweigh the negatives, so it keeps happening. someone tries smoking on that same basis. no one even thinks of the long term consequences until they pop up, its always been the case

LOGIC

If you hand socrates a joint are you telling me this goodie twoshoes is gonna say no?

>its always been the case

see: asbestos, lead paint, cancer and cigarettes, etc etc

So a long initial period of ignorance, follower by awareness of the health impacts, then a backlash from deniers, and eventually there's no more room for denial, and people still smoke and drink because we aren't actually rational.

Cause that's all that matters. He doesn't know shit about what weed does its just someone offering him a joint. Would he hit it senpai

yes and this mainly happened from the 19th century onward, we're talking about socrates trying some of the BC bud

I reckon he might try it at least.

he probably wouldn't have had to kill himself if he just chilled out and stopped fucking with the kids

>this feels bad at first
>therefor, it is intuitively bad for you
Intuitively, exercise is bad for your health.

this is the answer im going to believe