Were the Minoans a meme?

Were the Minoans a meme?

no
t. Minoan

All i know is they were really into interracial and public nudity

dude sealife lmao

No

They had a very unique civilisation and probably lived the closest to an ideal life in all human history

>totally safe
>topless tanned sluts covered in olive oil everywhere
>fight bulls in your spare time

Then the Greeks came

that does look quite comfy

I thought some kind of natural disaster was the cause of their collapse ?

SEA PEOPLE
E
A

P
E
O
P
L
E

How do I make a living drawing supple breasts?

TASTE LIKE SEA, TALK LIKE PEOPLE

They put one of their major city on a fucking volcano, what could posdibly go wrong?

The last stage of their alphabet is confirmed Greek. There's some debate but it doesn't seem the earlier language was. They got conquered at some point before the volcano.

The Myceneans conquered their asses.

10/10

Around 1600 BC, the volcano on Thera in the Agean erupted, sending a gigantic tsunami to Crete that destroyed their fleets and palaces. However, they rebuilt the palaces and continued to live as before until around 1450BC, when the mainland Greeks (the Myceneans Acheans / Argives) invaded them. So while the volcano didn't destroy them, by wrecking their fleets it probably ended their domination of the Aegean and set the stage for their eventual conquest.

While there were certainly Myceneans among the Sea Peoples, there's no evidence for Minoans, or even that Minoans still existed in large numbers by then. By the end of the Greek Dark Ages, Minoans (etocretans, as the Greeks called them) were confined to a few mountain villages.

Now somebody needs to explain this shit. Why the fuck did they depict dolphins like that?

Minoan art was highly expressive and full of humor and movement, but this was before the invention of perspective so something they look a little deformed.

they used do draw women white and men reddish
they are still the same race though

This is because women stayed home and men went out in the Mediterranean sun and hot tanned. Only retards would think the men and women of the same civilization were of different races (yet somehow unmixed).

Also while they weren't the only people to paint frescoes, they chose to paint pictures from everyday life or from nature, rather than the endless processions of gods and warriors other cultures decorate their palaces with. In fact, there are no depictions of warriors in Minoan art at all.

This was a habit they borrowed from the Egyptians. It's just a convention, although a helpful one since it reveals some surprising things about their society, such as that girls and boys apparently competed in sports against one another, at least before puberty.

or maybe they did it so the viewers could tell men and women apart?

I noticed that there are no gods in Minoan frescoes. Only nature, carefree men and women with hot bodies exercising, dancing, bull jumping... Almost sounds like a nietzschean übermensch society.

FUN FACT: ancient sources say that the Cretans thought Zeus had died and celebrated his death. They literally said God is dead thousands of years before Nietzsche!

lol.

For all the talk about how Veeky Forums has declined, and it has, there's still some genuine inspiration to be had here.

And that's how the atlantis myth began

This is a nice art dump you're doing but what the fuck is this thing supposed to be?

A lot of paintings have been proven to be fakes tho.
Fucking italians, they ruin everything

A Gryphon.
The fuck you're talking about?

>>A Gryphon
But it has no wings?

I think they were all cucks cinsidering how obsessed with bulls they were.

Was the Atlantis story possibly based off of Minoans/Crete?'

I liked their faction in Age of Empires

Yes, it's a proto gryphon, whatever you call it, it was mythological figure widespread in the Near East.