/FAR/ - Veeky Forums Restoration Project

It's no secret that the board has seen better days. A few of us have taken a couple steps to start fixing the the board, like the user working on a new wiki, the user doing the fashion write-ups, and those of us who are trying to direct threads into their appropriate generals or off the board entirely.

The other thread is kinda dead, so let's keep the discussion going on this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefbXh2d0lzYzFwUWs&usp=sharing
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11497631
www114.zippyshare.com/v/0dsWVXmB/file.html
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11629700
pastebin.com/PNfhXvzx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember to sage threads when directing them to the general they belong in/off the board. Keeping these threads from getting bumped is important.

Report off-topic shit the moment you see it. If we keep reporting shit,the mods/janitors will have to take notice at some point.

Fuccboi general and WAYWT should serve well for general question threads.

We need to encourage discussion about fashion itself and not about trends, or what is perceived as "Veeky Forums, effay, or fashionable". General aesthetic threads that don't really fit into other board like the interior threads, thinspo, and palewave are okay for the most part.

Inspo threads are an important learning tool that we need to see more of. But I think a rule is needed, like on /hr/ or /s/, that at least 6 images are needed to start the inspo thread on behalf of the OP. That way threads are ensured to get off the ground and not just clutter space.

I like that people talk about trends, dude
Cuz I don't really follow fashion news the way most people do, so it's my way of staying in the loop

Can we dedicate most of this thread to fixing Tuxbell.com. We need a more update guide if were going to send all the new kids to the sticky.

Editing the wiki is a tough job, I know a few Anons have said they want to take a crack at it. The wiki needs to have more resources on fashion theory. If anons really want "how to dress" advice, they're in the wrong place. If you learn more about fashion itself, knowing how to dress will come easy.

Tripfags like Bateman were probably the best thing to happen to this board, despite them being trips. If you've got actual knowledge on a subject, share it. Learning about fashion should be the main goal for someone on Veeky Forums.

I don't really see an issue with trends, if they make a general the way /rick/ or /pale/ do. Reducing clutter on this board a big deal.

We definitely can.

the biggest problem with fa is the userbase

you aren't going to fix it you aren;t going to fix fa no matter how much meta discussion about the "state of the board" there are literally no knowledgeable people posting on this board anymore its just teens who don't know anything
take a look at the old rog or the short lived tech and japanese designer threads just absolute autism fests of people who don't know anything

bateman is a fucking idiot anyone who holds him in regard is even more so

There needs to be an instruction guide for buying from Rakuten, plain and simple

This

Heart and soul of Veeky Forums should be the WAYWT threads. This is where we leave theory behind and apply what we learn.
I actually don't mind the FROM THE BACK shit but those threads are still a dumpster fire:
1) I totally get the "tits or gtfo" sentiment... on /b/, but on Veeky Forums it just serves to make us a poorer, more insular community. Having an intelligent female perspective on fashion is probably pretty valuable to people here but we'll never manage to foster it with all the harassment women get in WAYWT threads.
2) people post but don't offer advice or else they offer advice that borders on trolling but dotty post fits. Don't get me wrong; abrasive honesty is probably the #1 thing this board has going for it but without some accountability, it just devolves into useless flaming.

Dunno if mods can step in to help with some of this shit but IMO if you want to make Veeky Forums great again, post on WAYWT threads, offer honest, unvarnished (and if possible, constructive) criticism and ffs stop asking the women for feet pix, if only in those threads.

>he's too stupid to buy off rak

lmao Veeky Forums is so pathetic

You don't know your, fuccboi?
Or follow the Japanese licensed brands like North Face and Chums? You're missing out

A fair point. I honestly think if we become a little more like /mu/ in that we don't tolerate people that really don't know what they're talking about we'll be better off. All it takes is a few to get the ball rolling.

Bateman probably wasn't the best example. Y'all get the point. At least some of the times the dude knew his shit. Pigfuck was alright, not much better though.

Make an account and let's get typing

Fair points.

I like this

> Having an intelligent female perspective on fashion is probably pretty valuable to people here but we'll never manage to foster it with all the harassment women get in WAYWT threads

yes women are special and need to be protected by meanies on the internet because they can't stand up for themselves on a Malaysian claymation board

*your measurements

White lows any ideas I was thinking of getting them sharpied

pigfuck is much better than bateman
bateman knows nothing
pigfuck knows a lot about lang and raf

what are you trying to articulate here

>he's too stupid to buy off rak pt.2

oh boy this really is sad

what does that have to do with knowing how to use rakuten

completely unrelated topics

Wrong thread.

They can stand up for themselves but women posting get more attention and of the more aggressive variety and after a while, my guess is most of them figure it's not worth the hassle. I'm not saying have mods ban ppl for LONDON bs (this is, after all, still Veeky Forums) but it's my opinion that if you want to encourage female participation here, lead by example and either stay on topic with female posters (and all posters, really) or if you can't, just ignore them

you're looking for /fbg/

Focus, senpai

Tuxbell is in desperate need of editors/editing. Should we come down with a list of pages that need editing what needs to be put on them?

why would we want to encourage female participation?

if females want to post thats great and all but why should they get special status if we shit post on guys we're shit posting on girls

i'll post some shit tomorrow mainly about silhouettes. i may write something about one of the designers from the weeb if i dont get lazy.

literally google it mate. theres shitton of guides.

iirc
the issue with the sticky is that it's locked from editting by an old trip named historian and no one can get in contact with him to unlock it

however when i first this it was years ago so who knows what the case is also you could probably just mass spam report the sticky to get the mods attention to start a new one or something

it's not special status, it's just about not being a retard every time a girl posts

The Wiki currently has these pages under the "Stuff To Add" section. So, we know at the very least, these need editing. Brand pages (non-opinion) are also in need of editing.
Colour Theory - Please add to this one
Silhouette - Please add to this one, or post any informational links about this on my talk page so I can expand on it
Style theory
"Wearing a costume" and how clothes should reflect your personality
The difference between the former and dressing for occasions
Personal style (Kind of covered by Veeky Forumsscist's spheal)
Materials
Construction
Alterations, tailoring, and making your own stuff

Just need an account to edit

Not to be rude but I think it's weird when girls post on Veeky Forums cuz most people responding are men who don't know shit about Nylon trends

Yeah. Read my original post. I'm all for reducing shit posting in general.
If you see no particular value in having a stronger female contingent on a fashion board, cool beans man. If you don't believe how being a girl on a board that's 90% sexually aggressive men, is different from participating as a guy that's fine too. If additionally, you see no difference in the average feedback girls and guys get on WAYWT threads, it's all good.
I consider these things to be axiomatically self evident so I don't know how to persuade you.
Agree to disagree

I've been buying from Japan for years man and I've learned a few tricks
The kind of stuff that gets left out of guides
That specifically is what belongs on our instruction

Is the wiki admin even active?

we're retards every-time guys post why wouldn't we be when females post?

nylon trends? what are you going on about

Where do girls learn about which trends to hop on? I thought they all bought Nylon

I don't think so. Last change he made was earlier in the year. That being said, if you make an account, you can make edits.

You can expect an update of Tech wear soon, there would be a page dedicated to the aesthetic to serve as a better guide.

Brand list by price tier, including Patagonia pcu and the other milsurp clothing systems....criminally underrated tech gear and cheap as fuck

i see no value in having female or male participation on this board
it would be better if this board didn't exist honestly
however
1. you can't reduce shitposting
2, there is no particular value in females on an overwhelming/exclusively male fashion board
3. the board isn't 90% sexually aggressive men
4. sure you get different reactions but guess what people are different, the reactions poc get compared to whites are also different should we also stop shitposting on poc posts because we should value their participation and we need to be a culturally diverse(tm) message board full of rainbows and sunshine

>I consider these things to be axiomatically self evident so I don't know how to persuade you.

wew lad you are a massive faggot

no

oh you're trolling
nice one :)

srsly tho. Why does /pol/ like to come argue here so much?
Do the circlejerks get boring and you feel like a challenge?

if it's based on the techwear general don't bother those people are idiots who include brands like 4thdimension but won't even mention massimo osti or aitor throup

Thanks, user.

Let's move on, senpai.

I see no point in contributing to this board as long as it's going to be the same rick&raf circlejerk as always. You people have such narrow trite tastes that it's not even worth posting anymore. Anything that isn't on the pre approved shortlist of designers gets sagebombed and shitposted to death. The waywt are atrocious. Cop or not is a joke. 30 percent of all threads are some variation on "is x effay" or "what's the most effay x". It's dull and monotonous and I just don't care anymore. Too many fucking tryhard uni kids, too many goofnigger faggots, too many broke basic bitches.

to the admin of the website - turn on the image uploading permissions please. we cant write guides without decent images.

the only thing you need to learn are thr search terms. all proxies equally fuck you over

>he doesn't agree with me so he must browse pol

is this where i'm supposed to call you a cuck or?

>MRA missing the point so much that he cries himself to sleep at night with a picture of the point held tight against his breast

No, I understand that Tech wear is more than looking like a ninja. Although it's commonly associated with it and Veeky Forums is only interested in that such part because its part of the aesthetic that differentiate themselves between the public.

I'll add the best I can, if I miss something feel free to add upon it.

Except that you can bypass proxies a lot of the times =)

>at the slightest hint of a suggestion that we not delude women with requests for feet pics he goes off on a rant about how diversity is ruining the world
Wew. Lad.

The point is to try an expand that, user. I agree with your frustrations, though.

Sending him emails, hoping to get a response.

proxies don't fuck you over
how else are you going to buy a product from a seller who refuses to sell to you

use your head mate it's just business

that being said fromjapan is the best one

you will realize one day that there are less than 50 designers that could be considered good and probably less than 30 of them currently active or alive today
also you will realize Veeky Forums doesn't like the vast majority of them and are clueless who they even are

you probably should never have posted here ti begin with if you were interested in fashion

Lolol do I need to post email correspondence with tenso to prove they they fuck you over? Different fag by the way, but the customer service and pricing is absolutely horrible

see buy long enough and youll know what i mean.

what kills me about the ninja techwear fans is that they literally all circlejerk the exact same silhouette

>not supporting benevolent sexism makes you an mra

>2 lines is a rant
>implying i meant diversity is ruining the world

In any case, guides need to include info on proxies. If an user wants to go through one, that's their decision, we just gotta provide the info for them to make the best one.

>using tenso
>using sutocorp
>using zenmarket

you brought it upon yourself

never been fucked using fromjapan any issues have been with the shipping service i've used
btw i have over 200 transactions with from japan and 50+ with rak so it's not lack of experience

you will almost certainly have to go through a proxy if you're buying from japan rak global is shit

By the way I still use the service but acknowledge I'm getting screwed
I've been accused of it before but don't care if it sounds like shilling: Amazon Japan has two day delivery at a good price and sells a lot of big brands including porter

Apathy and disorganization are at the heart of Veeky Forums, by doing this you're fighting against the natural tide of bullshit that has risen and fallen for years on this board, and on others.

If the content on Veeky Forums is bad, it means that the user base is bad. Why do you owe any of your time to us? Tumblr, Reddit, and many other sites exist to allow individuals to curate their consumption. If what's popular here seems like something that needs "fixing", then maybe the problem is you, and not the content.

Other boards have their wikis/resources/etc. Veeky Forums is no different, really.

What good is the fashion board if no actual fashion is discussed anymore?

If the users of Veeky Forums choose not to discuss fashion, then that is the will of the users. Whether that makes the board good or bad is irrelevant.

Fair enough, True Neutral user.

this doesnt give you effay points you know. this is a fashion board first and foremost. if i convince more than 50% of the userbase here to suddenly talk about something as farfetched as earphones then should we change the function of the board then?

If more than 50% of the userbase starts talking about earphones, then more than 50% of the posts you see will probably be about earphones. You are the one that brought up the function of the board, not me.

There is one rule on Veeky Forums, "Images and discussion should pertain to fashion and apparel." (Veeky Forums.org/rules#fa). I would suggest that if you wish to enforce that rule, you do so by reporting posts about earphones.

off-topic conversations on Veeky Forums are some of the most interesting I've ever had
earlier this year I got in an argument with a bunch of britfags about how lame their systematic suppression of the democratic process is (namely regarding the attempt at banning UKIP even though they've received millions of votes and deserve a seat at the table if the citizens want them there)
fortunately a few ameribros came in to help and we showed them the error of their stupid logic on the "dangers" of certain kinds of political views

>If the users of Veeky Forums choose not to discuss fashion, then that is the will of the users. Whether that makes the board good or bad is irrelevant.
referencing the earlier post, so if the users will to talk about electronics then should we change the function of the board as an electronics discussion imageboard rather than a fashion board despite the original board not being intended for it? i just need a simple yes or no answer.

politics is a meme

stop /pol/ cancer from spilling into this board

I apologize for not answering your question directly. By asking "should we change the function of the board", you imply that any of us has the power to change the function of the board, and more pertinently that the board has any implicit function. Who makes decisions regarding the function of Veeky Forums? There is one official rule, which I linked earlier, and beyond that there is no summary of why this board exists or what we should do here.

Unfortunately I cannot give you a simple yes or no answer, as I am not qualified to answer your question absolutely. You may have more luck in contacting a moderator, or by discussing this with someone close to you who is willing to debate ambiguous topics regarding trivial message boards.

I can confidently say I'm one of the most knowledgeable people on this board

But give it up dude it's not going to happen.

There's just too many kids, the only resolution to them shitting up the board is time. Time and time only. But by then there will have been a new wave of kids, repeat ad infinitum.

Grow past the board, I can start discussions and stuff on what interests me but it is so far beyond anything that anyone here is able to be interested in that it would be pointless, I would just be talking to myself.

People who have grown past the board no longer feel the need to engage. Just grow past it and your perceived problem is solved.

I can confidently say that I put in the most amount of time contributing to the board; it takes a long fucking time to get mags uploaded
and I agree: it's not going to happen lol

appreciate your contributions although i always wonder why here out of all places lol

btw where do you buy (?) your online copies of magazines? I cop jap magazines from time to time but only if it's a special issue covering a niche topic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYVK_OqyUzk

if anything we should encourage the under age girls who migrated here from tumblr to get the fuck out

at the moment I've been buying them from amazon
but I just signed up for amazon unlimited so I have access to hundreds of back issues for like 8 bucks a month
It'll take me like a year to get through everything that's available....and they add new mags every day
I've also bought from Fujisan before but it's harder to download pics

amazon japan?

I know that people on Veeky Forums have put in some crazy hours to contribute to their respective homeboards, so I figured I could do the same since it's of interest to me to archive the pics
I like the anonymity of Veeky Forums and I'm not very Veeky Forums in real life
but ripping magazine scans has taught me a lot about a few styles of men's fashion - mainly interested in trad and camp/milspec

yeah
see it's a sweet deal man...definitely worth checking out, even the 30 day trial

This is why pol should get the fuck out, how was that anecdote relevant to this discussion at all? I'm all for free speech and I share quite a few views with you guys, but you shoehorn your political views in wherever you go, it adds nothing to this board and nothing to the discussion of fashion. Your second post about the inherent function of this board is't even debatable, the board's name and the rule you posted define in succinctly. I just wish you would keep the discussion of relevant topics in your forethought, instead of blathering on about social injustices.

the point was the exact sentiment you are expressing now. it is implied in the original response that the function of a board rests on its users when it is dependent on the rule being cited now.

gotta love that subtle insult though. just be blunt if you want to let one out. this is an anonymous message forum. we have no time for civilities.

black hair generals fucked this board

this board needs to start cracking down on liberals and leftists.... theyve been allowed to run free for far to long

>Newfags that don't know how to filter other newfags: the thread

we need actual strict moderation and peer moderation
>retarded off-topic threads are deleted on sight (with possible short ban) or moved to /trash/
>slightly off-topic threads are merged with a general (/fuccboi/, /sneakers/, etc)
>single rolling WAYWT sticky with slightly larger image limit (500 maybe?), all others are merged or deleted
>substanceless troll WAYWT posts are deleted/banned (from the back, etc), posters are encouraged to provide harsh but well-worded criticisms
it'd be a start

these guys are also mostly right, i expect i know much less about fashion than they do but even with my limited knowledge and interest i feel the same way

also substanceless /pol/posting should be banned on sight

this board started going downhill after pigfuck and the rest of the great aus trips left. cucks need strong white men to guide them. but there just arent any left

by the way
Hanako FOR MEN vol.4 僕のアジト。
gonna go through volume 18 as fast as I can
so good
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefbXh2d0lzYzFwUWs&usp=sharing

thank you j

no problema fuck if you know my name you've been paying attention since I first started lol

I don't give a fuck about fashion and I wear assburger shoes but...
Did that one tripfag ever upload his Curlgurl folder?
When was the last Curlgurl sighting?
Has she had a kid yet and if so, are there pics of MILF Curlgurl?
What's the name of that one self-hating Paki(?) grill with the big nose that had a reddit account and what was it? (not tripsk, the skinny one)
Did the girl in pic related post more?
Is there a single consistent qt attentionwhore here at all and if so are there pics?
Why in the fuck are you even trying to revive this corpse of a board?

you are doing great work user

Why FromJapan over Zenmarket? Sell me

Hell yeah senpai

thats not curlgurl in your pic you dipshit

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11497631
www114.zippyshare.com/v/0dsWVXmB/file.html
Some user worked on a new wiki

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11629700
pastebin.com/PNfhXvzx
Some helpful info

I'm still looking for Color: A Workshop For Artists & Designers by David Hornung

>peer moderation
oh you mean like someway for anons to let other anons whats acceptable board culture like some sort of liking of voting system?

uh theres already sites for that and they're shit

I don't get this fucking aspie crying about women being "harassed." I'm a girl and literally every girl I ever see in waywt nowadays looks like absolute shit, boring cheap forever21 shit and tumblrcore at best, no fucking merit whatsoever. If they're obviously just posting for attention then why not treat them like it?

tripskank the goat

plenty of stuff on suits, "normalcore" and some color theory posts on the young-stalin link
and plenty of inspo

if yous really want to fix up the sticky, maybe:
page(s) dedicated to a designer (specialty companies) on what their signature style or approach to fashion is and what makes them great
actual whole page(s) dedicated to -waves and -cores and what makes them great
plenty of supporting ("inspo") pictures stolen from anywhere

but who the fuck would really have that much time and passion

you can make a thread about a specific page. group writing project.

Every inspiration thread, like Rick Owens, Tech wear, should have their posters participate in making pages on companies, designers, and their style.

ok so if a guy posts and looks like shit he's a bad dresser but if a girl posts and looks like shit she's doing it for attention
??????
????

good luck. with threads like "whorecore" where underage kids pst pictures of unfashionable sluts i dont see this board getting any better desu.

OK, I used to post those threads. Then stopped as the initial idea seem to go over Veeky Forums head and started to become softcore pornography.