Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

I don't post here at all but I wanted to go on Veeky Forums to settle a debate

I'm on vacation and went to a conservatory with my mom and brother, and in the gift shop I spotted these guys. I have a two-tone Breitling watch, but I've been casually keeping an eye out for a daily timepiece. Are wooden watches like these (the black and brown one) tragic, or are they acceptable? If they're tragic, any suggestions?

Note: my brother and my mother hate them lol

>owning a watch when phones that have digital clocks on them exist

fuck off retard

Yeah that works when pulling out your phone is frowned upon in the workplace

3/10 I responded to your b8

you don't have clocks in your workplace? do you work in a chinese factory?

Lmao. I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree.

"Welcome to Veeky Forums: now get out", eh?

>being this assblasted by not being able to afford a luxury watch

I don't think it is worth it. Especially as a daily time piece.

Get a steel watch for a daily. Being durable is necessary for daily wear.

It's a Kappa watch? kek

I know, I laughed too lol

Any particular brands that come to mind that aren't too expensive? My brother has a super nice Cartier (stainless?) steel watch, and I think it was 4-6k. At that price point the purpose is defeated lol

not really, i was just wondering if you had any practical reasons for owning a watch

as if you have 50k to spend on a luxury watch you sad autistic virgin

>All these fuccbois not wearing watches

Why carry a cell phone when there's payphones? It's about accessorizing u fucks. Seriously I bet u FAGGOTS wear silly bands on your wrists.

OP those watches are hideous

>Why carry a cell phone when there's payphones

because i can use my cell phone for multiple things, not just calling people (in which they're better than pay phones because they can be used at almost any time and any place)

Thank you for grasping at straws.

alright OP, don't listen to these fags. if you're the watch wearing type cool, if you're not don't talk shit, what's so hard??

that being said, i'm a genuine watch snob but i'll try to give you some level headed advice bc i know you're not trying to collect "buy it for life" fort knox worthy timepieces.

basically, whether that watch is tragic or not depends a lot on you. if you're a teenager and don't care about impressing watch gurus and middle aged men, it's fine. if you're in your 20's you really should get something more mature, because wooden watches are basically extremely gimmicky, and many would say (me included) that you could spend your $200 bucks better.

i'd recommend against getting it, go for something equally unique but not so immature. does quartz vs mechanical make any difference to you?

wooden watch looks fedora af

plus i imagine if it gets wet the wood might swell a little and make it uncomfortable to wear

I got a WeWood watch exactly like the brown one as a gift and while I don't really like it, I ALWAYS get compliments from people when I wear it

When in doubt, go for seiko. great durable quality at a blue collar price.

special snowflake tier

almost as gay as wearing clogs for attention

>if you slap wood on something it becames fashionable
that's not how it works. watches should be sturdy and long-lasting, which wood isn't
wood might be ok on prescrption frames or phones, but a watch should be metal, period.

>wooden watch looks fedora af

This is the truth.

wooden watches are literally wrist fedoras

Listen to them. Wooden watches are hideous.