Veeky Forums related tattoos?

Veeky Forums related tattoos?

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for awhile with some historical context behind it and have come across some interesting tattoos to look at.

Does Veeky Forums want a tattoo similar to this or have one?

This one would be cooler maybe if it wasn't so geometric

By tattoo similar to this I mean Veeky Forums related tattoos, not pic related

I was always interested in American history too but since I'm just an immigrant over here I'm kind of reluctant getting one since I'm not actually American

Apollo

Might be interesting to some Norsebuffs

Sak Yant

Leviticus 19:28

This person has some interesting ones where she put the 3 Incan laws inscribed with other ancient scriptures, mantra and other symbols

Symbolism of Shiva with the Indus Valley script

Basic af but there is the Ouraboros

Lev. 19:27
"You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads, nor harm the edges of your beard."

I'm pretty sure not every person follows the good book by heart, and can agree that some parts of it don't work in modern times. As a Catholic I've talked to priests about this too and they've stated that it's a personal opinion and it should be up to me

Not to mention, while it’s true that tattoos were forbidden under Levitical law, you must remember that these laws were given to the Nation of Israel, not the Body of Christ. As Christians, not all of the laws given to Israel apply to us. But that's what I think and my opinion

Have fun burning in hell for being a cunt. I promise, if Christ is real, he fucking hates you.

Certain laws of the Old Testament still apply, others don't. Leviticus 19:28 still applies.

>Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Now let's not turn this thread into a religious one, I simply posted that verse because I found OP's pic funny.

You do not know Christ so whatever you say about Him goes into the trash.

You don't know Christ. Whatever you say goes into the trash.

See how easy that is? Have you ever tried critical thinking before?

The biggest irony are the Christcucks who get shit like this tattooed on them.

> Don't worry bro, most of my countrymen won't even know what your tattoo is about because they're drooling morons. They'll be glad to get a lesson.

That one's pretty sexy to be honest

OP here, I mainly just posted the counter-argument for fun and I do understand the irony that you brought, tho I put in the tattoo of The Creation more of for its historical significance in art, not religion. I respect you opinion either way.

I was born and raised in Monterrey and came to the US around middle school, though I'm too white and Spaniard to get any sort of "Mexican" (MesoAmerican) style of tattoo like pic related. Lately though I have been seeing myself as more of an American and am thinking about getting my citizenship

>getting arbitrary tattoos based on heritage rather than personally meaningful tats

JUST

That's exactly what I mean and the reason why I'm considering getting historical tattoos since I've always loved to learn about history. I just put that heritage one cause a lot of people have recommended it to me though I don't approve of the idea.

I gotchya. I wish I had some good ideas for philosophy related tattoos that are meaningful to me. My current only tattoo is a wrist tat of a chosen name in Lojban that has personal significance.

>Lojban tattoo
Nice dude, that sounds awesome.

When it comes to philosophy it's just kinda depends on what you're looking for. Whether it's a quote or maybe something like the Philosophers likeness? I've seen some amazing tattoos online of some people getting very well done tattoos of marble-sequel style busts of Greek philosophers or you can go a different route. Pic related is an Americana style tattoo of Soren Kierkegaard and while I'm not so familiar with his work, I do appreciate the art style and different approach they went for this

>marble-sequal

Meant Marble-esque

I'm more of a symbols & aesthetics only kind of guy, so I wouldn't go for any kind of graphics on my skin. Only short quotes, symbols, or the like.

Christians are the nation Israel though.

>personally meaningful tats

White hipster with Chinese character tattoos detected.

HNNG. If I wasn't joining the military that would be awesome to have.

He literally suggested something personally meaningful, which is the opposite of Chinese characters. Are you daft?

So no one here has their blood type tattooed on the inside of their left arm?

REEEEE GET OUT GET OUT

Why would we?

I want to get this tattoed, but I'm not sure where. I would like it in my forearm but I'm a med student and I'm not sure if it's a really good idea.

I can't keep track of all of these tripniggers

Man i can't believe Veeky Forums became a hugbox for christians and religious nuts... this was supposed to be an inteligent board, not a chapel. Take your shit mythology to your Sunday youth groups or wherever but here.
And yes, you can fully tip my fedora from the pits of hellfire.

No, it's not a good idea.

>not having the GOAT bible quote
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

Yes, do it and when you roll up your sleeve only "HOMO" would be visible.

I like this idea

Well, to be honest every tattoo pretty much says "homo"

WWII Tribute

>wants to tatto the word homo on his arm

Isn't that clamping robot from Futurama?

Those are fucking awesome, are they yours or just a picture?

Sure as hell that triggers the shit out of WEWUZ

The cool thing about being American is that you don't actually have to be born here to be one. Hell, my family came over in 1626 and fought and died in every American war since (Lt. Dan is a common family joke), and I'd say you're just as American as I am.

What is this?

But that's exactly how being American works.

So I've only got the one tattoo but it's a copy of the one my fraternal twin sister got a copy of at the same time. It's basically our farm home with some sheet and wattle trees in the background. All other tattoos seem kinda redundant to me. Makes me feel pretty homesick looking at it though.

It's a Valknut with a scenery design added to it. The Valknut is a symbol of unknown significance that appears in a lot of Nordic structures and artifacts.

Just a pic, but I found it really cool. Gonna need an amazing artist and mad dosh to pull this off tho

Just go balls to the walls about being American. You're totally on board then.

I have +VLFBERH+T tattooed on my hand, does that count as a Veeky Forums thing or is it more of a /k/ thing