>buying CP suede chelseas for the winter

Also general boot thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

oakstreetbootmakers.com/footwear/natural-rough-out-dainite-trench-boot
viberg.com/collections/all/products/country-derby-boot-black-waxed-flesh
danner.com/product/danner-logger-8-black.html
amazon.com/Chippewa-Mens-Steel-20081-Lace/dp/B00593BW50/ref=cts_sh_2_vtp?psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=6QhfkmEbQto
amazon.com/Chippewa-20065-Handcrafted-Lace-Up-Chocolate/dp/B0036VN8QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472687775&sr=8-1&keywords=Chippewa+Boot&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOAT boots coming through

Would be perfect without the fucking branding on the side

Why is there a metal hook thing?

I wear Vibergs mostly, but I think that Truman Boot makes a decent boot.

It's an ice pick. Swings out to the heel for traction. You can see the pin that holds it in place just behind the hinge.

I owe someone in Veeky Forums several beers. They advised me against getting leather sole boots so I opted for Gorrillas. Seriously one of the best decisions I've made. Not sure how Veeky Forums, but I've worn them every day for over 11 months, and wear them to work. More comfortable than tennis shoes. Made in the US. Pic sort of related. Mine look similar but don't have the gorilla stamp.

Decently Veeky Forums without the horrendous stamp on the back. Boots like that look especially good broken in

I've owned corcoran boots in the past and they're great.
Currently wear a pair of 10-eye docs (made in England cause I don't like plastic in my leather) and they're even better surprisingly

Nike ACG aside from
are garbage and belong in Shit Tier

How's the leather on those? Doesn't look great from pic

Mine aren't the pair in the photo. The leather was pretty good, a little shiny but it broke in well

how do i get something like this without paying 700 dollarydoos

every other boot like this has a feminine toe box

What's your budget limit?

poorfag status 2stronk

Yeah it's doubtful you'll be able to get a boot with the full package for that. You could probably find some with stacked commando soles, a suede upper, or trench styling, but not all three.

Oak Street Bootmakers has a similar suede trench boot but it's $468 with a dainite sole:
oakstreetbootmakers.com/footwear/natural-rough-out-dainite-trench-boot

:( thats a shame

i appreciate the help

No prob

If it makes you feel any better I can't afford them either lol

Sorel caribou for life bitch

You can't compare Sorel boots with fashion brand, you autist. I'd like to see you stay more than 30 minutes outside at -35 degrees celsius with your wimpy feminine fashion boots and your frail little manlet body

Here's your (you)

Sorry you can't afford Danners lol

literally the worst of the worst

viberg.com/collections/all/products/country-derby-boot-black-waxed-flesh

vs

danner.com/product/danner-logger-8-black.html

moving to hokkaido soon so need something for the deep snow? don't mind shelling out but want something that'll last in the snow.
I wear yohji often.

buying a pair of shit tier stacy adams macyscore madison boot

i just like the look, fairly cheap, good beater

anyway it comes with a shine to it, any good tips to get rid of that? I want it more dull. I dont really care if the leather gets fked since its shit anyway

also does anyone know, i heard to size down a full size? Seems a bit much, lemme know if anyone has

viberg looks way better, but if your using it only for work, and shoveling and shit environments then id prob get the danner just becuase it would break my heart to ruin a near 1k boot. now if that means nothing to you, go viberg. also the danner will have a better traction in snow

How slippery are docs in snow and ice?

why do vibergs have the ugliest toeboxes of all time

Thinking of getting these, any thoughts?
amazon.com/Chippewa-Mens-Steel-20081-Lace/dp/B00593BW50/ref=cts_sh_2_vtp?psc=1

postin my vintage engineer boots i just so happen to be wearing today

r8, h8, etc..

Great fucking boots.

These are so yummy

You are telling me that a pair of nike SFBs are better for winter than doc martens? Good luck in the snow with your meme boots

w2c these boots?

how do u guys feel about these?

nice w2c?

What boots that can actually be used for snow?

Anything that's cheap and waterproof

cuck project wins

samsoe & samsoe

Could you go hiking in these without damaging them? I have a couple of camps coming up for uni and I'm looking to get decent boots for hiking in wet and dry regions.

Damn those are beautiful

Thanks bruh.

Got them offa ebay a few years back. They were mint. I scuffed the shit out of them, but I don't care.

The prior owner installed a nifty drug smuggling pocket on the right boot if you can tell.

youtube.com/watch?v=6QhfkmEbQto

Anybody know what these are?

Fiero with a body kit

>Ctrl+F Paraboot.
>0 results

They are OG, handmade in French, waterproof and Norwegian welted.

Incredibly well made shoes. Avoriaz is their most famous model.

What do you guys think about iron rangers, not for snow or heavy work. Just like the look of them would wear to uni.

Recommend a boot for the following
>Looks fine with dress clothes
>Is comfortable for walking in (I easily go a mile a day walking from car back to it at uni)
>Works in winter and wet conditions
>Not terribly expensive

Got any starting points for me?

amazon.com/Chippewa-20065-Handcrafted-Lace-Up-Chocolate/dp/B0036VN8QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472687775&sr=8-1&keywords=Chippewa+Boot&psc=1

Think you fucked up sempai,

>Winter SLASH Rugged boots

These are terrible. Dnc

These are decent but definitely not good for harsh weather. Those soles will be gone in an instant

Danner Mountain Lights are the GOAT rough weather boots

Can someone Id these boots?

Where can I cop gorilla boots? Having trouble finding any. I've found the Tempest on DSW and that's it

Nice but I feel like engineer boots have unfortunately been ruined by basic females who wear derivative versions of them

They have a worse shape than some other hikers on the list but they could definitely be in second tier on quality alone

They look like clown shoes if you wear anything above a size 10. The toe box is hilariously large

diemme is ugly as fuck
this is a fashion board

What's your budget?

lol pls go

Well, im another user that was eyeing the Chippewa boot. So about the same as that, 130-50$ with something good enough to last through the slogging.

Yeah at that price you're not really going to be able to get both form and function. The problem is the only real dress leather that stands up to snow is shell cordovan, which will run you like 6x your budget.

There are some decent Chippewa/Wolverine models in the 200-300 range that would be somewhat versatile but would still look out of place in a business formal ensemble

If you just need something cheap for winter go for Bean boots or Timberlands. Yes they're played out/basic but there's no real alternative in that price point

HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

how much are these?

For the price they are amazing quality.

And I have a soft spot for century old companies stol wholly owned by the same family.

$300 for the boot
$200 for the gold numbers on the heel

tasteless faggot detected :)

Feel free to post examples of your superior "taste" :^)

We don't get that much snow, i'm not like finland
About 2 weeks of snow in a year, but it also rains a lot. I was wondering if I could pick up something that would look decent enough with slacks, but also be able to function better than my derbies if I were to accidentally step into what I thought was a puddle was actually the marinara trench.

There's not really a perfect boot for rain—I would advise against leather soles though. Go for plain rubber or commando/lug soles, depending on the silhouette

You can get water repellent spray/wax treatments if you want but they might fuck with the leather

Perfect dress boot*

Obviously rain boots are perfect for rain

Just copped, by poeme bohemien

Take some acetone and some dirt to them maybe charcoal if you want them matte.

And here I thought he couldnt make something uglier than the 950s kanye is a hack.

Need to see them on feet to make a judgement desu

>buy sfb's
>go hiking in them 3 times
>fuck now they have a hole in it.

This is bullshit.

Did you buy them from Nike? Might be able to get a refund if you email them about it

>buy memes
>most likely the cheap shite gen 1s

sry m8 but shoulda bought proper boots

w2c Nike SFBs in Coyote?

Maybe. Couldn't really care less. All fashion is played out at this point anyhow.

I'm more interested in the classic styles, so in my mind it doesn't matter.

Why are Docs shit tier?

You call Docs shit tier and then come up with this shit. What the fuck are those

>Nike
>Hiking
>Nike
>Hiking
There's your answer hahahahahahahaha

Mediocre per price point. Even Made in England line isn't particularly good. Those with lifetime guarantee are probably nice for informal indoor labor.

>neither of those

might cop these.

Any thoughts?

second one im considering is lows

I cant find any all black boots in under 200 besides the mono 1460's. what else is out there?

bretty nice

last alternative is something like this

already got:
TNF back to berkeley grey wool brown
Bugatti rugged waxy boots (brown mid)

>Veeky Forums has gone full circle on boots again

nice girl boots

frye james has something similar at least if not that.

is shiny or rugged more Veeky Forums?

I prefer the rugged, but those shiny ones are so beautiful.. maybe hard to match with clothes

Thanks dude. Let's see what you're sporting?

Ever think perhaps there's a diversity of opinion that doesn't get shared? When people are masturbating over Doc Marten's in a thread dedicated to their shoes when do you see someone give a point by point reason not to purchase them? You don't or if you do everyone will happily tell them to fuck off for not validating their purchase.