Jebus chris

I will convert to Christianity and fully give my life the lord if a Christian can give me an in depth answer on how people were "saved" before the bible was written. It makes no sense. People were worshipping other deities all over earth so how were they saved? And if they were just automatically saved why aren't we?

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/cathen/07648a.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Say what?

lol harrowing of hell lol

God judges the actions of man, if scripture does not exist he still does.

If you lived your life as well as you could and as rightously as you could then surely would the judge reject you?

Some people say you need to accept god to be saved. I say you need to accept god to understand truth, and to delve into theology and his nature. Not to be saved. This position is also backed up by many people in the church.

Say a man was born. He grew up charitable and kind. He had a family and did them well and left them happier than they would be. He stayed charitable and kind throughout his days and treated everyone with respect no matter who they where. Then he died.

Even if that man worshipped satan I am sure a moral and rightous judge would say he was worthy of salvation.

this doesn't line up with christian theology though. Jesus was pretty clear that he was the only way to the Father. course this has all sorts of problems aa OP has mentioned

>"Even if that man worshiped satan I am sure a moral and righteous judge would say he was worth of salvation"

What the fuck did you just say to me?

They were saved by faith that God would provide a savior.

Saved = Achieved spiritual enlightenment

Go fuck off to your shitty german commune. I dont like the pope either but im not making an ass of myself.

Im sadly aware of this. I just cant wrap my head around someone being rightous and still not being rewarded.
There are so many people who have gone beyond the normal beck and call for virtue that it would make no sense for them to be denied.

>reading along, mostly in agreement
>then that incredibly autismo ending

I'm pretty sure there was a verse that went along the lines of, "If one do not know the covenant, he does not know sin." Ergo, they're sinless. I guess.

I would speculate that it had something to do with recognising, in some abstract way, a god of grace. Anyone with the humility and contrition of heart to seek and accept grace would find salvation.

This is not to disregard virtue though. Good works are a sign that faith is authentic.

Jesus says his way is the only way to the father. One could follow his way without knowing him.

>give me an in depth answer on how people were "saved" before the bible was written.

Christ saved them before the bible was written.

The Nicene view is that Christ has always existed.

I am enlightened by enlightening my own enlighten-tended enlightenment.

They're all burning in hell right now, OP.

When you die you immediately undergo what is called particular judgement, when God judges your soul and decides if you go to Hades to await the general judgement that will take place at the end of the world, or proceed directly to Heaven (via Purgatory) to await the same general judgement when you will judge humanity and angels alongside God.

Jesus preached to the dead when He harrowed Hades (a.k.a. Hell, although that's a misnomer) during the three days He spent in the grave, and saved many souls at that time. Relatively righteous people who died before the Advent went to Abraham's Bosom (a.k.a. Paradise), a special part of Hades that is more comfortable. True Hell (a.k.a. Gehenna, the Outer Darkness, the Lake of Fire, the Abyss) as far as I know will only receive the souls of the damned after the general judgement.

Also, please read this article in full:

newadvent.org/cathen/07648a.htm

If you never had a chance to hear the Gospel during your life, then you'll get one eventually, even if you're dead. God takes everything into account when He judges us. His judgement is just and merciful.

The Bible was written much later than the advent of its faith. I imagine the Gobekli Temple was monotheistic and to the one God.

all of this is made up though

Short answer, the bible was manipulated by the people of satan and God is the only one who saves, the Christ just explained things and such, actually we don't know the full story because the devil made sure to touch the bible left and right.

Look at pic related, it is a videogame series where you fucking murder demons to save mankind.

What did alleged "christians" of that faggot jesus preach about the game? They said and continue saying that a game where you fucking kill demons and save mankind from them is "satanic". Because apparently killing off satan is a satanic thing. Google: Doom satanic.

There you fucking go, the alleged enemies of satan take good care to tell you that having satan killed is "evil" and "satanic".

You wanna be christian? Then ask God to send you His people (they will be able to show miracles worthy of a God to you, unlike jesusbois) with His law and His Christ.

Trust me, I went the jesus route and I was struck with poverty, mental instability and depression, I was really cursed, couldn't even enjoy things, not even sex, I felt no pleasure at all.

The moment I rejected jesus and did as I say you to do? That's the moment where I started enjoying things again and started receiving material goods again. And I sure as fuck stopped desiring to die of cancer and go to hell, wich is something you will desire if you go with jesus.

And no, if you haven't been given a law yet, it means you are not liable to it yet, which doesn't mean you should ignore God, of course, because you already know that people lie and that yes, God wants to be found.

There is simply no reason to trust a person that says to come from God but cannot demonstrate it.

Listening to people that preach God while taking good care not to do as they preach and whose results aren't the ones they claim you would get is akin to listening to a bunch lunatics that want to hurt you and suggest you "wash" your hands with a flamethrower instead of with soap and water like it should be done and like they seem to be doing, even if they happen to have a hygiene manual detailing the use of a flamethrower for hands cleaning.
Yet, if you go, use the flamethrower and your hands hurt and seem to be worse off than they were before, all they will claim is: you must have faith.
Of course, if you had a brain, you would observe how they clean themselves with clean water and soap so you would stop doing it with a flamethrower, and you would already start trying to figure out who these people are, why do they lie so much and who can fix your hands. And if you do call the doctor, sooner or later he will tend your wounds.
And yes, not much imagination is required to deduce what kind of being would want you to have for a religion a flamethrower for your soul. They are incapable of demonstrating their allegiance to God for a reason.
And yes, those who haven't been given a law yet, aren't liale to a law yet, which doesn't mean you should ignore God, as this is not wise and you will fall in their hands and they will force that flamethrower.

What cult? I bet you think you'll convert to Christianity but in reality you're not becoming Orthodox.

I've read it somewhere in the gospels, Jesus said that if a man does not know the scripture and sins he will be judged softly, if he does know the scripture and sins he will be judged harshly.