What does Veeky Forums think about beards?

What does Veeky Forums think about beards?

And, have you ever tried getting / had one?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163140581
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i think they're stupid, i say that as someone who isn't a beardlet

well-kept, overly sculpted beards are shit at this point
however rough beards that make you look like a viking are still cool

pretty bad
light stubble is very effay though, otherwise you should just shave daily

>i think they're stupid
Why, tho? Do you just dislike the look, or that beards are trending now, so normies ruin it for you?

I'm currently growing one now. But I'm just curious of how it will look after a 3 month time.

i dislike the look, i dislike normies growing them, i hate seeing fat white guys get it lined up to their ''''''''''''''''''''jaw line''''''''''''''''''''''

the only ones that i've ever seen that looked halfway decent were always models or people shilling beard oil

The only thing they will make you look like is a jihadist.

nearly everyone who has a beard does so because they're not actually that good looking/have no jaw

otherwise why would you want to hide half of your face?

if you're good looking don't grow a beard

Beards are fine. You won't get many supporters of beards here because the average age of posters is 16-19, so the Peach Fuzz Brigade comes out in full force projecting their envy / insecurities.

Don't listen to the teens in here, keep growing it and see what happens. That's the only way you'll know if it looks good, the opinion of children on a Japanese cartoon board doesn't matter. I bet you people in real life around you think it looks nice. I agree that beards did become trendy, but really, how can you outright despise something that's natural? Facial hair is a natural thing. And people say guys do it to hide their flaws, so the fuck what? Why does that matter to you at all? Why are some people here filled with nonsensical hatred to a thing like hair on a dude's face? It's crazy to me. I don't mind people vocally objecting, but the way some people here voice their opinion about beards is hilariously overbearing.

I'm 39 years old, I've lived through a few fads, let me tell you about beards.

When you look back at your old pictures, the only kinds of beards that will not make you go "lol those were weird times" is pic related style.

Fad beards are much worse than fad haircuts because most people follow fad haircuts to some extent, so it doesn't look too out of place.

Each and every one of you trying to rock the ye olde 19th century boxer/haberdasher/butcher/lumberjack look, you already look laughably out of place today (since that fad died a few years ago) and you'll look progressively worse as the dead fad is fully rejected by even the most isolated places such as Toronto and Muncie and Adelaide.

Your beard should never be longer than your hair on your head, sorry kids. No, you don't look like a viking. You just don't. Put away the mora. We're not in the forest.

I do agree with you, but I feel the ones who grow it 'normally' far outweighs the ones who grow it like you mentioned. We shouldn't let a few people taking it too far dictate how we feel about all facial hair styles. But, yknow, outrage culture and such. Everyone ends up despising everything.

I still love guys who has a beard and im jealous mine grow really thin.

I dated a guy who has a beard but i keep on asking myself if hes still attractive without them.

If there's enough coverage and it's well maintained it looks fine. I've tried growing one in the past but always stopped a month in because it was always too sparse. 5 years later I'm trying again and the coverage is finally there. Starting to look alright.

Definitely keep at it, that's the hardest thing. You might question yourself along the way, worrying what others think or if it's not growing fast enough / thick enough. But, you have to keep letting it do its thing, until you see some sort of results. There's always an awkward phase when growing a beard, but don't let anyone (especially people on here) bring you down during the process.

It's cool if you are over your 30's. Before that you rely too much in your genetics.

Overly-maintained beards are both played out and stupid looking, at this stage. Also, if your beard sticks out too much further than the hair on top of your head, you look like a retard, OPs pic is case in point: short sides, and then the head flares out, looks fucking ugly.

I say this as a bearded man, of course, eleven years or something at this stage. It's a little annoying that people who used to point and laugh at a beard are now desperate to grow one, but I guess that's the fun of fashion :D

short, natural looking full beards look great on a lot of dudes. Anything too long or shaped just looks ridiculous in my opinion. john snows got it down

it only looks acceptable on him because of his ebic head hair

nah he'd still look good with short hair

these threads are pointless cause the 17 yr olds just flock here to talk about something they have no experience with cause they cant only grow pubic fuzz.

you definitely cant grow a beard and feelsbadman.png

theres countless examples of goodlooking people who look better with a beard.

every youth pastor I know has a beard

Why is Dan Bilzerian's beard so shit?

perfect example of what not to do with your beard. Its shaved all angular making it look like he has and extended crimson chin jaw.

Because everything Dan Bilzerian is shit.

Daily reminder to NEVER EVER style your beard

you'll look like a STUPID TRYHARD HOMOFAG

go ful or GO HOME

because he has a naturally weak jawline but tries to do beard magic to make it look like he has a strong jawline

Well said. I agree. Will grow it out and see how I feel.

big burly bearded man detected

???

buzz with beard is forever most Veeky Forums style

this is what i was talking about, this looks hideous. Theres just no need for that much beard. He would look ten times better if it was trimmed and shorter

hahahahah

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163140581

Makes me automatically think you are le redpill and are voting for muh trump cuz info wars said to

how's my jawline? should i keep the stubble or let my beard grow?

If he lost the hat and kept it all the same length this would look good

Maybe just a tad longer. You have good facial hair genetics. I'm slightly jelly.

If you don't think this is effay go ahead and leave

Imagine how much time he probably spends making his chin look like hacker from cyberchase

>Don't try to get the most out of how you look/make yourself look as good as physically possible
You're on the wrong board, my guy

Good luck to you, man. Keep it up. Just remember to wait at least three months before you decide whether you like it (you can trim and maintain during those three months, but just make sure you're letting it grow decently)

This x10

fucking gay

for fat people ti hide their flabby no jaws

STUPID FUCKING NIGGER. EVERYONE TYPE ALEX IS A STUPID NIGGER IN THE CHAT

thanks user, struggling with a receding hairline though

If your hairline isn't too far gone, go for a Clint Eastwood type of hairstyle. If not, this user is spot on. Especially if you have heavier eyebrows.

I'm growing a shitty mustache it should be full by the end of September. Goals are this

fortunately it has just begun around a year ago. i think i'll go with the buzzcut, but to me that cut only looks good with a straight hairline so i'm going to try out minoxidil first.

You type like a redditor go away

>wanting to look like a filthy islamic desert sand nigger.

almost 2 months now. first few months suck. all your holes and patches stand out a lot. they do fill in though once the hair gets longer. give it 3 months to judge what your beard is capable of. start growing and forget about it pretty much. I'm gonna keep on going for the hell of it. it's like when I was a teenager and wanted long hair, just to see how it was. this is the adult version of that.

you should get your hair trimmed, its puffing out on the sides and it sort of highlights the lack of hair around your temples.

growing it longer on top brosef. gotta deal with it.

To be honest, your beard would look better if it was trimmed shorter. It looks decent now, but the thick dark areas on the cheeks contrast too much with the thinner, lighter chin area. It would be more flattering if it was more uniform. Don't shave or shape it though, because it suits you.

btw, are you the guy who posted all those pics of himself in that 2007 thread the other day, or do y'all just look similar?

holy shit you are observant. yeah usually my facial hair is well kept. but I'm just letting it go full hobo for a year to see what happens.

I flippin knew it. Also, if you're gonna do a hobo beard, get some different glasses. You don't look like a tryhard now, but if you kept those glasses and grew your beard out, you'd look very 2013 tryhard.

yeah I haven't changed changed my style of glasses since about 2005 lol. everyone keeps saying change the glasses. I just don't know what to even try. I've never had anything different. before this I had oval lame nerd wire glasses. benefits kick in December.

I have a cleft chin so i'm not growing a beard

>i hate seeing fat white guys get it lined up to their ''''''''''''''''''''jaw line''''''''''''''''''''''
This desu

Why's your mouth so much smaller than the rest of your face

things like beards tend to fade in and out of fashion. right now they're on the down but give it 20 years and they'll be cool again.

>right now they're on the down but give it 20 years and they'll be cool again.
Depends on where you live. Beards are very much 'only the gay and working class shave' here.

>I have a cleft chin so i'm not growing a beard
Me too, and my wife loves it.
I wear a beard anyway.
She can put out more if she cares that much. Shaving fucking hurts and I like my beard.

would like to have one someday 25 and still patchy af

a 2 or 3 days beard is fine, anything longer than that is a pain in the ass.

First time trying to grow one. Not looking as good as I'd like yet, and it's been a couple weeks.

I just don't know
My whole head is big af, I'm trying to compensate that by lifting weights and gaining bigger shoulders

NU MALE COMIN' THRU

fuck off dad

super fine lined, combed, teased, waxed beards look fucking stupid, OP pic related. it looks almost fake like he's got a false beard wig on.

a beard that is either wild or at most kept neat is okay

light stubble that is both consitent in thickness and well shaped, if done right it enhances your cheekbones shadow improving your face aesthetics.

stick with stubble

That beard looks all right, desu
Wouldn't mind having that once I start graying out

This is the only place on my face I can grow hair. do I just end it now?

you never should have started that is the most pedo style of facial hair one can have.

yah son just shave

They can do wonders for seemingly weak bone structures, but in the end they're beards.

kek it sounds more like your internal struggle, trying to convince yourself taht your shitty beard looks good

>hacker from cyberchase
*lights cig*
that's a name I haven't heard in a long time

yeah
never do a goatee
and this is one is particularly bad

that post really struck a nerve with you

i feel like dwarfs and tumblr lumberjacks ruined this shit for me

not really my guy, I enjoy a clean shaven aesthetic too much to bother with facial hair, save for maybe sideburns, but they are hard as shit to pull off

Mfw can't grow a beard but have good cheekbones and a perfect jaw so it doesn't bother me

I grow a beard super quick turns red and my moustache is blonde so I think I look like a faggot, so I shave once a week for the God-tier stubble.

it should bc you're missing out on the dank daddy issues pussy

Reminder:

if you have a beard it's probably because you have a weak jawline and everyone knows this by now.

Things that make you look like a sub-human animal

>facial hair
>long hair
>barbarian genitals
>too-large clothes
>not being white

It makes the list, so beards are automatically shit based on thousands of years of cultural evolution

Most men look better with a beard (hides imperfections and makes you look masculine), but a lot of men can't grow a proper one.

It's sad seeing a bad beard on someone, like a tryhard baby boy, but apart from that nothing is wrong with beards.

>>barbarian genitals
L M A O small dick detected

This is the worst look a person can have

i would do that if i wasn't a golden god already

longest ill keep my beard, ill also keep my mustache at normal length and leave the beard at slightly more than stubble

The ideal size and shape for genitals can be strictly defined as "as close to average as possible." This is agreed upon by both men and women. The further you deviate from the norm the less good it looks, large or small.

shaped/styled beards are so cartoonish I cannot take them seriously

baby dick confirmed

women want the best, or whatever is perceived to be the best

small chicks and tall dicks

Oh poor baby... I don't want to be there when the moment comes when you overhear a girl you've fucked talk to her friends about your "ideal sized penis"...

I have a beard (apparently because I'm a closeted metal head), but I'm not particularly interested in beards. Mine is fine, but "beard culture" runs the gamut of mildly humorous (dollar beard club), to hip young pastor looking to build "good" men, to so hopelessly up its own masculine ass, that I can't take it very seriously. Fortunately, paired with my long hair and my "just stumbled out of 1970s Yosemite" fashion sense, I think I look decent, but that said, I do think a beard can work with a number of Veeky Forums's dominant aesthetics given the wearer is a bit older.

Americans don't think white people are jihadists.

>16-19
Honestly, while beards are getting a bit obnoxious, I think the average age of posters here is closer to 12-15.

t. Tyrone

>Shaving fucking hurts
You're doing something wrong then.